Sunday, April 06, 2014

Bubba




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Friday, January 13, 2012


when I had gone back to the emergency room of St. Francis hospital at the end of May 2005 I think she asked what I was going to do after I left the hospital and I mentioned about sleeping in my Jeep and that I would just drive around all night. She asked me "Is that safe?"


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 January 2012 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM


I sleep in my Jeep for the next 14 days before I went into the Redmond Police Department, exhausted, and asked them for help because I had lived in that town before Kent and I had worked for Microsoft, which was based in that town. They didn’t ask me any questions and just dumped me off at the hospital.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/f/forrest-gump-script-transcript-hanks.html


Forrest Gump


My Mama always told me
that miracles happen every day.
Some people don't think so,
but they do.
Hey, dummy!
Are you retarded,
or just plain stupid?
- Look, I'm Forrest Gimp.
- Just run away, Forrest.










http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0112175/quotes

IMDb


Quotes for

Kurdy (Character)

from "Jeremiah" (2002)


"Jeremiah: Journeys End in Lovers Meeting (#1.10)" (2002)


Kurdy: [reads from his unfinished poem to the pilgrims] I wear hope around my neck like a noose. It's loose enough for me to breathe when I need to get me through the day. And, with each swagger and sway, comes a new belief that there's a new relief around the way. So I keep going, halfway knowing it's just a trick my mind likes to play so I don't quit. Or is it? Maybe, I'll never know. Maybe I'll never go past the dreaming that there's more, the scheming that what I'm searching for is seemingly reminiscent to the folklore that there's a garden paradise where I can settle and never have to leave. Where I can

[closes eyes]

Kurdy: breathe deep breaths and exhale with abandon. Maybe that paradise is wherever I'm standing... tall,

[opens eyes but no longer looking at his notes]

Kurdy: believing in myself, that I can conquer all the sadness and all the madness, and have a ball wherever I go. Could that be the paradise I'm looking for? Maybe. Maybe I'll never know.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/quotes

IMDb


Forrest Gump (1994)

Quotes


Forrest Gump: [narrating] If I'd a known that was the last time I was gonna talk to Bubba, I would of thought of something better to say.

Forrest Gump: Hi Bubba.

Bubba: Hey Forrest.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 11, 2006


I haven't had any more thoughts about Sarajevo, which seems unusual I thought today. Some possible explanations are that I wasn't in Sarajevo, I am not supposed to remember anything about Sarajevo, or I'm not ready to remember Sarajevo.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 11, 2006










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 12, 2006


Two scenes in a dream I just had that I feel compelled to record before they escape me. In the first scene, I am in a room. I think it is during open warfare in Iraq long ago. A soldier is carrying something special on a tray that he carefully sits down. I guess I am hiding somewhere watching him. Then I am pouring some of liquid, gasoline I guess onto something that I am going to blow up. But then I am tangled in cords that will be used to detonate a bomb. They are tightenting around my arms and get tighter the more I try to get them off. There are people outside the door, I can see them through the windows. All they have to do is turn and they will see me. I have an automatic rifle hanging on a strap around my neck. At the first sign they see me, I am going to spray the windows and maybe cut the wires around me but I'm not sure what I am going to do about it because it is delicate and I want to ensure I get it right. Then I am outside and running up a hill of side. The force of an explosion throws me into the sand and that's all I remember. The next scene has been sitting on something like maybe a specially designed perch to guard a room. It is some kind of office, but there are also people living on the floor I am sitting on. They don't seem happy I am there but go about their business. I am overlooking some people working at desks. I think I am in an Asian country, Vietnam perhaps. Someone walks into the the door with a gun and I have an automatic weapon and I drop him with one round before he can shoot and the people at the desks. I think I was calling someone on a phone or a radio earlier to let me in somewhere but they wouldn't let me. I think one person will see me on Monday and it is Friday.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/24/07 10:14 PM
This may be the source of the name of that character in "Forrest Gump." It reminds me of that scene where their officer asks if they are twins and Tom Hanks replies that they are no relation. I also found it humorous in an earlier scene with Tom Hanks lines about how it must be hard being brothers and that he wouldn't know.

Bubba: Affectionate term for someone who does what you do. In aviation, someone who flies the same type of aircraft as you (Ex. He's an H-53 bubba).


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 January 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/quotes

IMDb


Forrest Gump (1994) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Quotes


Forrest Gump: Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was going to be a shrimping boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:02 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Sunday 06 April 2014