Friday, April 18, 2014

God I cannot think how to code this message into a simple sentence.




I should have been a poet (except I am no good).










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


(Colonial One - Baltar is alone, with paperwork spread out before him)

Six: I see they've put you to work. (He looks over, sees her sitting next to him.) Ignoring me won't help.

Baltar: No, I've decided you're an expression of my, uh, subconscious mind playing itself out through my waking states.

Six: Oh, I'm only in your head?

Baltar: Exactly.

Six: Hmm. Have you considered the possibility that I could very well exist *only* in your head? Without being a hallucination? Maybe you see and hear me, because while you were sleeping, I implanted a chip in your brain that transmits my image right into your conscious mind.

Baltar: No, no, see that's me again. My subconscious self is expressing irrational fears, which I must choose to ignore.

Six: (moving closer to him) What are you working on?

Baltar: If you were really a chip in my head, I wouldn't have to tell you, now would I?

Six: Indulge me.



































http://www.e-reading-lib.com/bookreader.php/71310/Orwell_-_Animal_Farm__A_Fairy_Story.html


George Orwell

Animal Farm


II


This was early in March. During the next three months there was much secret activity. Major’s speech had given to the more intelligent animals on the farm a completely new outlook on life. They did not know when the Rebellion predicted by Major would take place, they had no reason for thinking that it would be within their own lifetime, but they saw clearly that it was their duty to prepare for it. The work of teaching and organising the others fell naturally upon the pigs, who were generally recognised as being the cleverest of the animals. Pre-eminent among the pigs were two young boars named Snowball and Napoleon, whom Mr. Jones was breeding up for sale. Napoleon was a large, rather fierce-looking Berkshire boar, the only Berkshire on the farm, not much of a talker, but with a reputation for getting his own way. Snowball was a more vivacious pig than Napoleon, quicker in speech and more inventive, but was not considered to have the same depth of character. All the other male pigs on the farm were porkers. The best known among them was a small fat pig named Squealer, with very round cheeks, twinkling eyes, nimble movements, and a shrill voice. He was a brilliant talker, and when he was arguing some difficult point he had a way of skipping from side to side and whisking his tail which was somehow very persuasive. The others said of Squealer that he could turn black into white.

These three had elaborated old Major’s teachings into a complete system of thought, to which they gave the name of Animalism. Several nights a week, after Mr. Jones was asleep, they held secret meetings in the barn and expounded the principles of Animalism to the others. At the beginning they met with much stupidity and apathy. Some of the animals talked of the duty of loyalty to Mr. Jones, whom they referred to as ‘Master,’ or made elementary remarks such as ‘Mr. Jones feeds us. If he were gone, we should starve to death.’ Others asked such questions as ‘Why should we care what happens after we are dead?’ or ‘If this Rebellion is to happen anyway, what difference does it make whether we work for it or not?’, and the pigs had great difficulty in making them see that this was contrary to the spirit of Animalism. The stupidest questions of all were asked by Mollie, the white mare. The very first question she asked Snowball was: ‘Will there still be sugar after the Rebellion? ’

‘No,’ said Snowball firmly. ‘We have no means of making sugar on this farm. Besides, you do not need sugar. You will have all the oats and hay you want.’

‘And shall I still be allowed to wear ribbons in my mane?’ asked Mollie.

‘Comrade,’ said Snowball, ‘those ribbons that you are so devoted to are the badge of slavery. Can you not understand that liberty is worth more than ribbons?’













































http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-320.htm


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007


Romo: Why do you believe that the defendant, Gaius Baltar, deserves to be acquitted?

Lee: Well, because the evidence does not support the charges.

Romo: Come on...

Lee: Did the defendant make mistakes? Sure, he did. Serious mistakes. But did he actually commit any crimes? Did he commit treason? No. I mean, it was an impossible situation. When the Cylons arrived, what could he possibly do? What could anyone have done? I mean, ask yourself, what would you have done? What would you have done? If he had refused to surrender, the Cylons would've probably nuked the planet right then and there. So did he appear to cooperate with the Cylons? Sure. So did hundreds of others. What's the difference between him and them? The President issued a blanket pardon. They were all forgiven. No questions asked. Colonel Tigh. Colonel Tigh used suicide bombers, killed dozens of people. Forgiven. Lieutenant Agathon and Chief Tyrol. They murdered an officer on the Pegasus. Forgiven. The Admiral? The Admiral instituted a military coup d'etat against the President. Forgiven. And me? Well, where do I begin? I shot down a civilian passenger ship, the Olympic Carrier. Over a thousand people on board. Forgiven. I raised my weapon to a superior officer, committed an act of mutiny. Forgiven. And then on the very day when Baltar surrendered to those Cylons, I, as Commander of Pegasus, jumped away. I left everybody on that planet alone, undefended, for months! I even tried to persuade the Admiral never to return. To abandon you all there for good. If I'd had my way, nobody would've made it off that planet. I'm the coward. I'm the traitor. I'm forgiven. I'd say we're very forgiving of mistakes. We make our own laws now, our own justice. We've been pretty creative at finding ways to let people off the hook for everything from theft to murder. And we've had to be. Because... Because we're not a civilization anymore. We are a gang. And we're on the run. And we have to fight to survive. We have to break rules. We have to bend laws. We have to improvise. But not this time, no. Not this time. Not for Gaius Baltar. No. You, you have to die. You have to die, because... Well, because we don't like you very much. Because you're arrogant. Because you're weak. Because you're a coward. And we the mob, we want to throw you out the airlock because you didn't stand up to the Cylons, and get yourself killed in the process. That's justice now. You should've been killed back on New Caprica, but since you had the temerity to live, we're gonna execute you now. That's justice!

(Gallery: No, no.)

Franks: Order. Order!

Lee: This case... This case is built on emotion. on anger, bitterness, vengeance. But most of all, it is built on shame. It's about the shame of what we did to ourselves back on that planet. And it's about the guilt of those of us who ran away. Who ran away. And we are trying to dump all that guilt and all that shame onto one man, and then flush him out the airlock and hope that that just gets rid of it all. So that we can live with ourselves. But that won't work. That won't work. That's not justice. Not to me. Not to me.

Romo: ...No further questions.

Cassidy: Your Honors, I wish to reiterate my strong exception to defense counsel's testimony.

Franks: Exception noted.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-319.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X19 - CROSSROADS (1)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 18-MAR-2007


Apollo: My Gods, he's drunk.

Cassidy: Yes. Yes, Ellen. Your wife. Another victim of Baltar's Cylon allies.

Tigh: Yeah, that's right. Yep.

Cassidy: Thank you, Colonel. Your witness.

Lampkin: What happened to the Colonel's wife?

Apollo: She used to work for one of the Cylon administrators.

Lampkin: She worked for them?

Apollo: Mm.

Lampkin: You know what happened to her?

Apollo: No, no idea. I presume she died in the exodus from New Caprica.

Lampkin: Ah. Ahem. Colonel.

Tigh: Hmm.

Lampkin: You dislike Gaius Baltar because you consider him to be a traitor. Is that correct?

Tigh: And a coward, and a mass murderer.

Lampkin: The suicide bombing of the police graduation. Gaius Baltar was the intended target, was he not?

Tigh: And if he'd had the guts to show up that day like he was supposed to, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Lampkin: So you ordered the killing of-- what was it? 33 other men and women, just for the chance to kill Gaius Baltar.

Tigh: They were all traitors. Anyone who put on that uniform. But yes, he was the target.

Lampkin: What happened to your wife?

Cassidy: Exception. Relevance?

Lampkin: The door was opened on direct, your honors.

Adama: I fail to see the point of pursuing this…

Judge: He's right, Admiral, if it was brought up during direct examination, than it can be pursued in the cross. Overruled. Continue.

Lampkin: What happened to your wife, colonel?

Tigh: You frakkin' son of a bitch--

Lampkin: isn't it true that she collaborated openly with the Cylons? That she actually worked for them.

Tigh: She was faking it. Making them think that she was working for them.

Lampkin: I-I see, yeah. And Baltar, he wasn't faking it, no.

Tigh: That's right.

Lampkin: And you blame him for her death. Have you been drinking today, colonel?










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-320.htm


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007


Franks: Did you want to cross-examine the witness?

Cassidy: I have no question for defense counsel.

Franks: Witness is excused. Do you want to call any other witnesses?

Romo: Your Honors, I don't wish to belabor this any longer. The defense rests.

Franks: Very well. This court will adjourn to consider a verdict.

Baltar: What a glorious moment in jurisprudence.

Roslin to Cassidy: You did a great job.

(Trial)

Bailiff: All rise.

Franks: Before I read the verdict, I'd like to make one thing clear. Like everything human, justice is imperfect. It's flawed. But it's those very imperfections that separates [sic] us from the machines. And maybe even makes us a species worth saving. The defendant will rise. Gaius Baltar, after carefully weighing the evidence, this tribunal, in a vote of three to two, finds you not guilty.

(Loud clamoring. Roslin and Tory leave angrily.)

Cassidy: You won.

Romo: Good job.

Baltar, to the press: I always knew that I was going to be acquitted, but the fact I have been found innocent shouldn't disguise that this trial has been a total pantomime!

Rioter: Assassin!

Lee: Admiral, you gotta get him out of here!

(Marines hold off the rioters.)

Lee: Get him back. Get him out of here! Get him away!

(Galactica: Baltar's Cell)

Baltar: I knew right from the very start that if there was a way to demonstrate the sheer -- What's the word I'm looking for? Hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is the word I'm looking for -- hypocrisy of the prosecution's case, then really, the judges had no other option but to find me not guilty.

Romo: Well, your boundless confidence provided us with great solace throughout proceedings.

Baltar: Look, I want to thank you both. Truly. From the bottom of my heart, I am very, very grateful for all you've done. On a personal note, if I could've seen the Admiral squirm just a bit more, it wouldn't have hurt.

Lee, grabbing him: Now you listen. Don't push it, Doctor.

Baltar: Fine. Romo, perhaps we can have a chat. I've thought about maybe doing a book tour around the Fleet, and there's the publishing rights, there are issues about my security, where I will live, what I will do. Since we've forged this great relationship during the trial, I thought, you know, who better to think about...

Romo: Actually, now that the Fleet's legal system is in place, my not-so-inconsiderable talents are required elsewhere. So I'm afraid this is the end of our journey.

Baltar: Wait a minute, what... What about me? Wait a minute, wait, please. Think about this for a second. Where will I live? What am I gonna do? How am I going to survive?

Romo: Much as I hate to use a cat metaphor, Doctor, I think you'll land on your feet. Close the door on your way out.

(Galactica: Shuttle Deck)

Lee: Romo, one thing. When you put me on the stand, did you know what was gonna happen?

Romo: I knew you were an honest man, Mr. Adama. Much unlike your grandfather.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F13.html

Bart vs. Australia

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Feb-95


Marine: Here in America we don't tolerate that kind of crap, Sir!










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/btobachmanturneroverdrive/youaintseennothingyet.html


B.T.O. (BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE) LYRICS


"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"


She said, I've had it comin' to me
But I wanted it that way
I think that any love is good lovin'
So I took what I could get, mmh
Oooh, oooh she looked at me with big brown eyes

And said,
You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099587/quotes

IMDb


Flight of the Intruder (1991)

Quotes


Lt. Jake Grafton: Using escape and evasion techniques, sir, I was able to avoid being captured.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Flight_Of_The_Intruder_CD2_1991.html

Flight Of The Intruder


You were over Hanoi, weren't you?
It was a good mission, sir.
Sir, we blew the shit out of them,
but didn't come near any hospital.
You think I don't know that?
I know what you hit.
The air force knows what you hit.
So does CTF 77,
so does General Giap
and the entire World Communist Union.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-320.htm


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007


Roslin: It must've been particularly difficult for you. What, you just... couldn't get the other two guys to budge? [He meets her eyes] You voted for his acquittal, didn't you?

Adama: I hate to say it. Defense made their case, the prosecution didn't.

Roslin: Gaius Baltar is a traitor. We both know that. Regardless of the outcome of this trial.

Adama: No one's asking anyone to forget. Or to forgive. But we have to look to the future. [She stalks off.] Mr. Gaeta.

Gaeta: Yes, Sir.

Adama: Commence jump prep. We're going to the Ionian Nebula.

Gaeta: Yes, Sir.

(Gaius carries his box of stuff through the corridors.)

Pilot, slamming him: Excuse me.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:11 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Friday 18 April 2014