Saturday, October 20, 2018

Children of the Sun




My newest theory - completely unprovable by anyone - is one that sort of extends my earlier theories, my so-called 'time-traveler effect' and its complement my so-called 'counter-paradox effect'.

Both of the latter still seem perfectly plausible to me. But they seem to be too simple, too conventional.

The superior theory is something I have described before as a competing notion and I don't really have a name for it.

Let's call it something like "The Thirteenth Floor".

To be clear: we don't live in a "The Thirteenth Floor" reality.

Rather, "The Thirteenth Floor" is a story that I THEORIZE I created (or had created) to explain the reality that exists for this world and that is relevant to me personally. And at least one other person.

Stories such as that, I theorize, I created because people are so SUSCEPTIBLE to what some person calls a 'confirmation bias' or some sort of 'irrational primacy effect'.

A person hears a story, afterwards they see something in reality that is unexplained, then they remember the story, then they start to believe the story is true. That's the irrational primacy effect. It traps their minds in a box of their own mediocrity.








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-stand.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 11:28 PM

Homeless Veteran Of Microsoft

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2016

The Stand

Recently when I watched one of the recent "Jason Bourne" films on broadcast television, as documented here in this blog, I began composing a blog post in my mind because of one particular scene.

About two seconds later, I dismissed the notion from my mind. Because that scene was set in Europe. That could have been anywhere.

But nope. The very next scene clearly established the setting was Amsterdam.

The blog post I began to compose was about how that building that spanned their equivalent of what seemed to be an interstate highway here in the USA is where I stopped for breakfast.

The only time I ever recall consciously traveling to Amsterdam.

I was there on Microsoft business. At some point years ago I posted here in this blog an image of my passport that was stamped in Amsterdam The Netherlands. I blogged about the date.

I remembered then also that was the date of a Microsoft SQL Server catastrophe and so that was one more reason I didn't feel like going into more detail.

I remember that all so clearly. I had to stay in Amersterdam over the weekend and I was incredibly bored. I recall that I was wearing that brown leather "bomber jacket" I liked so much and that wrote about here, as an unusual extravagant purchase (about $400 in the year 2002) and that I wore around inside Microsoft. So anyway, I remember that because the jacket was not water-proofed and I didn't want to walk around outside in the Amsterdam rain, as the clerk in the Bellevue mall told me the leather might spot unless I took it to a dry cleaner.

I thought about going back and finding that specific dialog for that scene but the hell with it.

Who the hell am I trying to convince of anything? Who the hell needs to be convinced I know what I'm talking about?

I still can't understand if I am sensing the future or if this is just some kind of feedback loop.

And I try. I try so hard. You have no idea of the difficulty each and every day.


excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 11:28 PM SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2016








from my online journal as Kerry Burgess

August 9, 2018 at 6:06 PM (Pacific Time USA)

The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956)

Amazon Video

[Flashback to World War II]

Tom Rath: Do you see those coats?

Lt. Hank Mahoney: We'd better get back in the woods and cross the road further south.

Tom Rath: We got to get those coats, Hank.

Hank: Are you nuts? They got people all over this place. Come on. Let's go.

Tom Rath: I'm freezing to death. How many do you see?

Hank: Two.

Tom Rath: Well, if I don't get that coat, I'm dead anyway.








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/quotes

IMDb

The Thirteenth Floor (1999)

Quotes

Jason Whitney/Jerry Ashton: So who's in control?

Douglas Hall: *Not* us.








http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series television episode ]

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968

MIRAMANEE: Wait.

(They kneel at the sight of Kirk. Then one gets up and walks up the steps to him, and puts his hand to her forehead.)

KIRK: Who are you?










2016_Nk20_DSCN0668.jpg








Battlestar Galactica - television miniseries premiere episode - Monday 08 December 2003 USA

(from internet transcript of incomplete dialog)


(Up in the CIC)

Colonel Saul Tigh (second-in-command): What have we got? Shipping accident? (Adama hands him the memo)

Gaeta: Combat? Understood. (hangs up the phone) Condition One is set. All decks report ready for action, sir.

William Adama (commander of the interstellar warship Battlestar Galactica): Very well.

Tigh: This is a joke. The fleet's playing a joke on you. It's a retirement prank, come on.

Adama: I don't think so.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 11:36 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 20 October 2018