Monday, October 29, 2018

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home




Well, I have to finally do it.

For a long time, I have debated in my mind the future of this blog.

One idea was to just delete it and forget about it.

That's still a possibility.

But there just still seems to be too much left for me to say.

One problem that has nagged my mind about it is that I wanted to get rid of 'Microsoft'.

I've considered starting a completely new blog and with a different name. But that seems pointless because the content would just end up being the same.

I did rename this blog once, a long time ago. My first post was 30 August 2005. I sputtered around for a while with the typical stuff that the typical person blogs about: Nothing.

Then I decided to stop blogging after they kicked me out of that homeless shelter for veterans in the Seattle suburb Patty Murray started. I've noted she was there on 27 June 2005 the day they discharged me from the mental health unit of the United States Veterans Affairs hospital in Seattle. She staged a press conference at the same time some social workers rushed me out the back door of the hospital, how it seemed to me. But she was really there outside. I was really discharged at the same time and the social workers drove me to a place named The Theodora. Then I went to the homeless veteran's shelter.

The social workers there were incapable, in my opinion, of dealing with a person such as me who is not a veteran too weak to be anything other than substance, drug abuser. People who probably should have never been allowed to serve the United States military in the first place.

I was living in that homeless shelter on the oceanfront of downtown Seattle Bumtown, a.k.a. Pioneer Square, and I decided to disable my blog. I changed the name first.

On 2/3/2006, I suddenly decided to start working on it again, reactivating the blog and restoring the original title it had up to this day today. In May 2006 is when the real change started in my mind, leading to where I am today.

Just a few minutes ago I decided I am going to make a change. I don't want to delete my blog but I can get rid of Microsoft from the title.

So from now on, until I decide to make another change, this blog, retaining its original url, is now titled "Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home".



- posted by Kerry Burgess 12:21 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 29 October 2018