Monday, October 22, 2018

Manifest: Not Long For This World




I just cannot believe the NBC television network will continue much longer before canceling that program. Interesting at first, now it's landing gear is mired in a boggy swamp of boredom.








TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > Collisions

The First (2018) s01e06 Episode Script

Collisions

(from internet transcript)


And we have MAV2 going with us. There it is.

But that means you're launching with one broken MAV on the surface, and the one you're sending, if that malfunctions or crashes or

The chances of coming back - are greatly reduced.

Greatly.

Yes.








TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > Cycles

The First (2018) s01e03 Episode Script

Cycles

(from internet transcript)


What are the diagnostics saying?

No response.

None?

Look at this.

Well, that can't be right.

It has to be the software.

Pull up the on board cameras, please.

It doesn't look like we have a leak.

We'd see some kind of atmospheric variance.

If the LO

Pull the cameras back up, please.

Did they crash?

The on board cameras are not responding.

We have visuals from the rest of the hardware on the surface, but I'm more worried about the sensor data.

There's no atmospheric temperature reading, and, uh, LOX levels seem to be missing, too.

And this all happened after the software update?

Yes.

How serious is this?

Well, I can't say until we re-spin the EHA.

I'll need a full rundown for my report.

The problem, probable causes, next steps.

We've had comms issues with the MAV before.

Isolated.

This looks systemic.

Let's not jump to any conclusions.

This isn't a crisis yet.

We don't know if our ascent vehicle is making fuel.








TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > Collisions

The First (2018) s01e06 Episode Script

Collisions

(from internet transcript)


The rover should arrive at base camp in approximately 10 weeks. We'll use its drill to get into the insulation on the cord to the mobile power plant. Zoom in to the reactor. The drill closes the circuit, the MAV loses power. That triggers an automatic reboot of the CPU.

I'm not a tech guy.

Let's say you have a coffee maker that isn't working, and you don't know if it's making coffee or not, no matter how many voice commands you give it.

The coffee is fuel.

Yes, liquid oxygen.

Okay.

But if you pull the plug and plug it back in, maybe it starts talking to you again.

The coffee here is shit, by the way.








http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/releases/2004/44.cfm

Healthier Spirit Gets Back to Work While Opportunity Prepares to Roll

January 29, 2004

NASA's Spirit rover on Mars has resumed taking pictures as engineers continue work on restoring its health. Meanwhile, Spirit's twin, Opportunity, extended its rear wheels backward to driving position last night as part of preparations to roll off its lander, possibly as early as overnight Saturday-to-Sunday.

Spirit shot and transmitted a picture yesterday to show the position of its robotic arm. "The arm is exactly where we expected," said Jennifer Trosper, mission manager at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.








http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/releases/2004/44.cfm

Healthier Spirit Gets Back to Work While Opportunity Prepares to Roll

January 29, 2004

NASA's Spirit rover on Mars has resumed taking pictures as engineers continue work on restoring its health. Meanwhile, Spirit's twin, Opportunity, extended its rear wheels backward to driving position last night as part of preparations to roll off its lander, possibly as early as overnight Saturday-to-Sunday.

Spirit shot and transmitted a picture yesterday to show the position of its robotic arm. "The arm is exactly where we expected," said Jennifer Trosper, mission manager at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. It is still extended in the same position as when the rover developed communication and computer problems on Jan. 22. A mineral-identifying instrument called a Moessbauer spectrometer, at the tip of the arm, is positioned at a rock nicknamed Adirondack.

Engineers have been carefully nursing Spirit back toward full operations for the past week. They are sending commands today for the rover to begin making new scientific observations again, starting with panoramic camera images of nearby rocks. Today's commands also tell the rover to send data stored by two instruments since they took readings on Adirondack last week -- the Moessbauer spectrometer and the alpha particle X-ray spectrometer, which identifies the chemical elements in a target.

"We know we still have some engineering work to do, but we think we understand the problem well enough to do science in parallel with that work," Trosper said. Several attempts to get a full trace of data related to the rover's problem have only partially succeeded. The engineers might choose to reformat the rover's flash memory in the next few days.








TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > The Choice

The First (2018) s01e07 Episode Script

The Choice

(from internet transcript)


The footage you're seeing is a

[TUNING FORK RESONATES] [PIANO NOTE PLAYS] [PIANO NOTE PLAYING]

Screen on!

[TV CHANNELS CYCLING]

The command would have reached the rover several minutes ago.

We're just moments away from seeing the footage of the result.

Kathy, what's the feeling like there in Mission Control? Everyone's eyes are glued to the big screens up front here.

You can feel the anxiousness and anticipation in the viewing area.

There's a lot riding on this months of work and testing, hundreds of engineers and support staff working around the clock because the future of the Providence 2 mission is on the line.

Drill spin initiated.

Drill at speed.

Drill lowering in three, two, one.

Stand by for intermediate contact.

Contact with the cord.

Penetration in three, two, one.

Drill-bit vaporization confirmed.

Stand by for MAV systems reboot.

[ONLOOKERS MURMURING]

We have a signal.

Reboot initiating.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

That's the magic.

The same.








From 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) To 5/9/2016 is 1150 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 12/26/1968 ( New York Times "Apollo 8 Engine Fires Flawlessly at Critical Moments" ) is 1150 days



From 7/13/1984 ( premiere US film "The Last Starfighter" ) To 5/9/2016 is 11623 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 8/29/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Cold Lazarus" ) is 11623 days



From 9/26/2013 ( for me personally as Kerry Burgess: my last day Seattle - my first night again Spokane Valley, Washington State, United States ) To 5/9/2016 is 956 days

956 = 478 + 478

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/23/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"A Taste of Armageddon" ) is 478 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 5/9/2016 is 9186 days

9186 = 4593 + 4593

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/31/1978 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"The Desert's Edge" ) is 4593 days



Other post by me on this topic: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/09/a-taste-of-armageddon.html


https://www.paradoxplaza.com/stellaris/STST01G-MASTER.html

Paradox Interactive


Stellaris

RELEASE DATE May 09 2016









twitter_stellaris_10-02-2017_1.jpg




twitter_stellaris_10-05-2017_1.jpg






stargate_universe_0102_23m49s.jpg








From 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) To 6/4/2015 is 810 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/21/1968 ( the Thule Air Base B-52 crash with one US Air Force B-52G Stratofortress crew fatality and the reported uncontrolled destruction of four 1.1 megaton hydrogen bombs resulting in widespread radioactive contamination ) is 810 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 6/4/2015 is 8846 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/21/1990 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Homer's Odyssey" ) is 8846 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/wayward-pines/one-of-our-senior-realtors-has-chosen-to-retire-3079083/

tv.com

Wayward Pines Season 1 Episode 4

One of Our Senior Realtors Has Chosen to Retire

Aired Jun 04, 2015 on FOX

AIRED: 6/4/15








http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie (1994)

(from internet transcript)


RA
That is why I chose your race...









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(camera)








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/releaseinfo

IMDb


Cube (1997)

Release Info

USA 11 September 1998 (limited)








From 12/17/1903 ( the first powered aircraft flight of the Wright Brothers ) To 9/11/1998 ( premiere US film "Cube" ) is 34602 days

34602 = 17301 + 17301

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 17301 days



From 10/26/1975 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"Target in the Sky" ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 13656 days

13656 = 6828 + 6828

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/13/1984 ( premiere US film "The Last Starfighter" ) is 6828 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 5962 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/28/1982 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Life: Patent Pending" ) is 5962 days



From 3/18/1981 ( premiere US TV series "The Greatest American Hero" ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 11686 days

11686 = 5843 + 5843

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/1/1981 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Did Darwin Get It Wrong?" ) is 5843 days



From 2/1/1900 ( Kodak introduces the Brownie camera ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 34602 days

34602 = 17301 + 17301

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 17301 days


Other posts by me on this topic include: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-dead-pool.html









DSCN4427.jpg - Kerry Burgess








TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > The Choice

The First (2018) s01e07 Episode Script

The Choice

(from internet transcript)


The same.

Eitan Hafri, Mars mission spacecraft designer: Stop! Stop!

[APPLAUSE STOPS]

Eitan Hafri, Mars mission spacecraft designer: Show me all the sensor data.

W-What's going on?

[KEYS CLACKING, BEEPING]

Eitan Hafri, Mars mission spacecraft designer: It's the same as before. LOX levels and sensors.

Clear the room, please.

Essential personnel only.

Everyone else please exit the control room.

Oh, boy.

[INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS] All right.

Let's let them have the room.

Come on.

Come on.

Let's go.

[DOOR OPENS AND CLOSES]

briefly came back online before they lost contact again.

Kathy, any new developments on your end? They've asked all the media and invited guests to exit Mission Control.

No one from VISTA or NASA had officially briefed us yet, but a few people I've spoken to have








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: August 16, 2006

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, because I don't think I've written about it for various reasons, but I have been having a lot of thoughts about me on the surface of Mars. But my thoughts have been always about the future, as though it was something I could expect to do in the future.





from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: August 19, 2006

Godamnit I hate taking those drugs. I would say that the cure is worse than the disease, but I am not the one with the disease. I am being forced to take drugs because I see it as the only option of getting my life back, while the real solution to getting my life back is to let me go home.





from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: August 20, 2006

I started thinking that I discovered life on Mars. Some kind of sandbugs. And that explains a lot too.





from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 03/11/07 1:34 PM
It could be NASA is slipping in photos I took from the surface of Mars in 1976.








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/quotes

IMDb


Falling Down (1993)

Quotes

Gang Member #1: Whatcha doin' Mister?

Bill Foster: Nothing.

Gang Member #1: Yes you are man, you're trespassing on private property.

Bill Foster: Trespassing?

Gang Member #2: You're loitering too, man.

Gang Member #1: That's right, you're loitering too.

Bill Foster: I didn't see any signs.

Gang Member #1: [pointing at a graffiti skull] Whatcha call that?

Bill Foster: Graffiti.

Gang Member #1: No man, that's not fucking graffiti. That's a sign.

Gang Member #2: He can't read it man.

Gang Member #1: I'll read it for you. It says this is fucking private property. No fucking trespassing. This means fucking you.

Bill Foster: It says all that?

Gang Member #1: Yeah.

Bill Foster: Well, maybe if you wrote it in fucking English, I could fucking understand it.








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_3

Mars 3

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mars 3 was an unmanned space probe of the Soviet Mars program which spanned the years between 1960 and 1973. Mars 3 was launched May 28, 1971, nine days after its twin spacecraft Mars 2. The probes were identical robotic spacecraft launched by Proton-K rockets with a Blok D upper stage, each consisting of an orbiter and an attached lander. After the Mars 2 lander crashed on the martian surface, Mars 3 lander became the first spacecraft to attain soft landing on Mars on 2 December 1971. It failed shortly after landing.








From 11/29/1966 ( in China the tomb of Confucius is destroyed by the Red Army ) To 5/7/1987 is 7464 days

7464 = 3732 + 3732

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/21/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Mars and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) is 3732 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34240

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks to Members of the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists

May 7, 1987

The President. Etta Hulme, members of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, distinguished guests, it's a pleasure to welcome America's editorial cartoonists here to the White House this morning. I know cartoonists are an independent lot who often march to the beat of a different drummer. Of course, sometimes when I see the way some of you draw me, I wonder if it's just a different drummer you're marching to. Maybe it's the "Tune Tones." [Laughter] But it's a tribute to the hard work and careful organizing of Etta and her staff that all of you free spirits have arrived here today at the right time and in the right place. Next week I want Etta to show you where you should arrive on the question of contra aid. [Laughter] Anyway, to Etta and to all of you, let me just say: Thank you for coming.

As you know, this is the second time that we've had editorial cartoonists here during this term. Last May 1 had some of you over for lunch. We're still looking for the missing silverware. [Laughter] And I'd like to know who drew the graffiti on the hall wall. [Laughter] I don't want you to erase it; I just want you to sign it. [Laughter]








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 08/21/09 4:21 AM
The reason I could only stay for 3 days at a time on the surface of the planet Mars was because of my fuel cells. My landing craft had a capacity of fuel for the fuel cells that limited me effectively to 3 days and so I had to make a Mars 1 landing on 1/21/1976 for 3 day and then a Mars 2 landing for 3 days and then a Mars 3 landing for 3 days and that was all because I transfered fuel from my Project Orion spaceship, or whatever I called it, to my landing spaceship, before the landings.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:28 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 22 October 2018