Sunday, October 28, 2018

Paulson




I had never even heard before of that book. Not until last Tuesday, the 23rd. As best I recall a television advertisement, or maybe just some internet advertisement, promoting the new, upcoming television series on Fox got me thinking about it.

I don't read books much anymore because I seem to need reading glasses now for books, but I decided that day to purchase the Amazon Kindle version, which is a medium that I have found easier to read. Probably sitting in front of these damn computer screens is what messed up my vision. Or not. I'm just getting old. Ignorant people always look for reasons that are not there.

Coinciding with the new input is possibly a source of awareness from something else that makes me feel even more hopeless. I am again getting the sense of mind of person or persons reading my blog who leave me with a hopeless sense. Because you dullard dim-wits are TOO DIM-WITTED to ever understand your own pathetic mind. You cannot appreciate a methodology of discovery because you're too lazy of the mind. You delude yourself into thinking you have similar experiences but YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. For some reason, for some baffling reason, I have wasted more than a decade with this blog thinking I was telling something important to you monkeys. You will never grasp even the most basic, intelligent notions I describe. You mediocre brains are incapable of it.








JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:00 AM Thursday, October 07, 2010

Here comes 'Four.'

Watching again now the DVD for the 2007 "I Am Legend" the scene with the helicopters just before they seal off the island of Manhattan reminds me of another one of the series of imaginative thoughts I was having in the past week or longer. I think this was happening last weekend. It's hard to say precisely when that was happening because as I write this I am really not certain of the day of week currently. I want to say, without looking it up, today is Friday but I think today is Thursday. So anyway, there is a person here in the Seattle area that is going to be informed that a helicopter will be sent to transport that person out of the area just at the point when the zombies begin to turn into the monsters, for lack of a better description of their impending demise. I was thinking a lot about that. The operative detail was that person was informed by that person's handler than the transition would begin in the next hour or so and that person would only be safe if in close proximity to my physical presence. The reason is that the zombies are telepathic and only my mental consciousness will repel them so if that person is near me then I am some kind of shield that will keep that person from being attacked by the infectious zombies. So I thought through how we would maintain contact while we waited for the zombies to turn and I thought through a great many details such as how even traveling through the building was dangerous because, as I was thinking about, after those zombies turned, they gained superhuman strength and they are about four times faster than any human currently. The objective was for me to travel with that person to that field over by the post office near here and that was where the helicopter would arrive and pick up that person while I would stay here. I thought over how we should stop at that auto parts store and grab some goggles because the helicopter would kick up a lot of dirt in that field as it hovered. After that, I was supposed to drive up to the mall in Lynnwood where I would stay for seven days and there would be some people there to secure the location for my arrival and then they would leave by helicopter. The zombies would stay at least fifty yards from my physical presence so there was no real danger to me personally from then and every single human that stays in this area after the infection begins would become infected except for me. After seven days, I was supposed to leave the mall and I had to walk by foot because I was not allowed to drive because they did not want me showing up on satellite photos and since the zombies don't drive automobiles then the automobile I was driving would stand out in surveillance. So I had to walk and I was walking to that area where the three antennas are located on the hill above Seattle and I would stay there for the duration.

I imagined how there would be something close to two million zombies that would, incredibly after they had all turned into zombies within forty eight hours, converge on downtown Seattle and they would all pack into the buildings and the streets and they would all stay there while they entered some kind of inactive state. At some point, one third of those two millions zombies would eat another one third of that overall group and then the other one third would eat that one third, leaving one third of the original two millions zombies and that group would be some kind of superzombie group. They can't swim thought so as small groups of them begin to scout out into the country from their base in Seattle, they won't be able to cross over rivers. Unless they learn to swim.








Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 11:02 PM Monday, October 31, 2011


God, that is what is happening to me now.

I would find the idea easy to state that during that five-year period I was convinced I was the living embodiment of Thomas Reagan that I knew somewhere deep in my mind that was not true. So I won't dwell on that too much because what would really now be the point of saying "I knew it." I can think of some examples of thoughts I had that were consistent with a tiny part of my mind that I guess was trying to resist that overpowering force in my mind confusing me about my true identity.

The dialog referenced below is written from my perspective when I become a time traveler and begin traveling backwards in time.

I write about that notion now because I have been thinking in the past few minutes and longer about the impending zombie apocalypse that will literally emerge first on this planet here in King County Washington State. I was thinking about how my power of resistance to those zombies will be primarily in the fact that I will be invisible to their zombie senses. To them, I will be no different than a tree or if I am walking around then I am no different than an automobile that has no person at the wheel or sitting in the car while it rolls along the road. I will also have another self-defense mechanism in that my presence will divert away the zombies. The necessity of that self-defense mechanism is that it keeps me from getting trapped someplace that is surrounded by a large pack of zombies. For instance, if there are non-infected human beings inside the building I am in, in downtown Seattle, for instance, then there is the possibility that ten thousand zombies could congregate along every door and window of that building and even though the zombies cannot sense my presence I would still be trapped in the building. So if I come close the zombies then they will divert away from my presence.

Also, the virus or whatever it is that causes the zombie outbreak to literally happen here in King County Washington State will change over time. The second stage is airborne and the non-infected human beings contract the plague by breathing the air that contains the plague delivery mechanism. Then, after a point has been reached where the number of literal zombies exceeds a certain number then the plague delivery mechanism becomes transmitted by the telepathy of the brains of the zombies. Other than me, no one in King County Washington State can hide from the zombies after that point.








The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)

Justin Cronin

page 428 of 881 (Amazon Kindle Version)


And then the peculiar business with Sanjay. Michael didn't know what the hell to make of it. Two nights ago he had been sitting at the panel when suddenly the door had swung open and there was Sanjay, standing there with a round-eyed look on his face that seemed to say: Aha! That's it, Michael had thought, the earphones still clamped to his head - his crime couldn't have been more obvious - I'm dead meat now. Somehow Sanjay found out about the radio; I'm going to be put out for sure.

But then a funny thing happened. Sanjay didn't say anything. He just stood in the doorway, looking at Michael, and as the silent seconds passed, Michael realized that the expression on the man's face wasn't quite what he'd thought in the first place: not the righteous indignation of crimes uncovered in the night but an almost animal dumbfoundedness, a blank amazement at nothing. Sanjay was wearing bedclothes; he feet were bare. Sanjay didn't know where he was; Sanjay was sleepwalking. Lots of folks did it, there were times when it seemed half the Colony was up and cruising around. It had something to do with the lights, the way it was never quite dark enough to really settle in. Michael had taken a turn or two himself, once awakening to find himself in the kitchen, smearing his own face with honey from a jar. But Sanjay? Sanjay Patal, Head of the Household? He hardly seemed the type.

Michael's mind was working fast. The trick would be to get Sanjay out of the Lighthouse without waking him up. Michael was concocting various strategies for this - he wished he had some honey to offer him - when Sanjay suddenly frowned sharply, cocked his head to to the side as if processing some distant sound, and shuffled rigidly past him.

"Sanjay? What are you doing?"

The man had come to a halt before the breaker panel. His right hand, which hung loosely at his side, gave a little twitch.

"I don't ... know."

"Isn't there," Michael ventured, "I don't know, someplace else you have to be?"

Sanjay said nothing. He lifted his hand and held it before his face, turning it slowly back and forth as he gazed at it with the same mute puzzlement, as if he couldn't quite decide whom it belonged to.

"Bab...cock?"



- posted by Kerry Burgess 05:36 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 28 October 2018