Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Whom Gods Destroy




http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


[Defiant bridge]

WORF: Report!

CONN OFFICER: Main power is off-line. We've lost shields and our weapons are gone.

WORF: Perhaps today is a good day to die. Prepare for ramming speed!








From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 3/5/1998 is 980 days

980 = 490 + 490

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/7/1967 ( Lyndon Johnson - Executive Order 11333—Partially Suspending Section 6374 of Title 10 of the United States Code, Relating to Retirement of Brigadier Generals of the Marine Corps ) is 490 days



From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and the end of Kerry Burgess the natural human being cloned from another human being ) To 3/5/1998 is 3151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/19/1974 ( premiere US film "The Terminal Man" ) is 3151 days



From 7/23/1973 ( Monica Lewinsky ) To 3/5/1998 is 8991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/15/1990 ( premiere US film "Dick Tracy" ) is 8991 days



From 7/23/1973 ( Monica Lewinsky ) To 3/5/1998 is 8991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/15/1990 ( premiere US film "Gremlins 2: The New Batch" ) is 8991 days



From 1/3/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Whom Gods Destroy" ) To 3/5/1998 is 10653 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/2/1995 ( Bill Clinton - Remarks on Arrival in Little Rock, Arkansas ) is 10653 days



From 5/14/1990 ( departing as United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service for commissioning as chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps and continuing to Kerry Burgess the United States Marine Corps general ) To 3/5/1998 is 2852 days

2852 = 1426 + 1426

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/28/1969 ( premiere US TV series "The Bold Ones: The Protectors" ) is 1426 days



From 9/16/1957 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Executive Order 10729—Special Assistant to the President for Personnel Management ) To 1/17/1990 ( United States NASA announces the selection of the Group 13 Astronauts ) is 11811 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/5/1998 is 11811 days



From 1/17/1990 ( United States NASA announces the selection of the Group 13 Astronauts ) To 3/5/1998 is 2969 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/19/1973 ( premiere US TV series "The Snoop Sisters" ) is 2969 days



Other post by me on this topic: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/08/whom-gods-destroy.html


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=55578

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks Announcing the Selection of Lieutenant Colonel Eileen M. Collins, USAF, as the First Woman Space Mission Commander

March 5, 1998

I'm getting my facts straight. [Laughter] First of all, let me say that Hillary and I are delighted to have all of you here. The story Hillary told about her fascination with space is not apocryphal; it is real. I heard it a long time before I ever thought she would be telling it before a microphone. And so this is a thrilling day for us.

I want to thank Dan Goldin and all the people at NASA for doing an absolutely superb job. Thank you, Colonel Collins, for your remarks and your example. To the Members of Congress who are here, Congressman Houghton and Representatives Jackson Lee, Eddie Bernice Johnson, and Zoe Lofgren, thank you for your support. I want to thank my Science Adviser, Jack Gibbons, as well as Sally Ride and Jean Phelan, a pioneer aviator, who are here.

Let me also say that Colonel Collins' husband is also a pilot, and when she introduced him to me, she said, "He's not only a pilot, he's a scratch golfer; he's better than you are." [Laughter] And after a brief conversation, we actually concluded it was more likely that I would go into space than that I would ever be as good as he is. [Laughter]

Forty years ago, Life magazine introduced America's first astronauts to the world, noting that the seven Mercury astronauts were picked from, quote, "the same general mold." They were all military pilots. They were all in their thirties. They all had crewcuts. [Laughter] They were all men. And they really were all true American heroes. But heroes come in every size and shape and gender. Today we celebrate the falling away of another barrier in America's quest to conquer the frontiers of space and also to advance the cause of equality.

I'm proud to be here to congratulate Colonel Eileen Collins on becoming the first woman to command a space shuttle mission. She may not fit the exact mold of 40 years ago, but she clearly embodies the essential qualities of all our astronauts, then and now, the bold, restless, pioneering spirit that had made our Nation great. And as we've already heard, the story of her life is a story of challenges set and challenges met. That is also the story of our space program.

When it comes to exploring space and the unknown, the word "impossible" is not in our vocabulary. We have always recognized the limitless possibilities of seemingly impossible challenges.

A generation ago, President Kennedy said within a decade we would send an American to the Moon and bring him safely back to Earth. By 1969, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had left their footprints on the Moon. We said, in our time, that we would visit the planets of the solar system. And last Fourth of July all Americans, with the help of a robot called Sojourner, got a chance to rove the surface of Mars and meet red rocks named Scooby Doo and Barnacle Bill.

Thirty-six years after John Glenn made his history-making space flight in a capsule the size of a compact car, he's not only going back into space, but we are poised to build an international space station the size of a football field. America has indeed become, as President Kennedy hoped, the world's leading spacefaring nation, a distinction we must keep in the 21st century.

Colonel Collins will lead us in this effort, commanding a mission to launch a telescope that will allow us to peer into the deepest reaches of outer space. Our balanced budget for 1999 will support, in fact, 28 new space missions, missions that will help us decipher more of the mysteries of black holes, of ancient stars, and of our Earth itself. Indeed, later today NASA will be making some exciting new announcements on the results of the Lunar Prospector mission, currently orbiting the Moon.

The knowledge we gain from our space missions could help us treat diseases here on Earth, from osteoporosis to ovarian cancer. It could make our farms more productive. It could help us meet the challenge of global climate change. And perhaps help us to uncover the very origins of life itself.

All Americans, especially our young people, have important roles to play in making these plans a reality. They have to begin by taking their studies, especially their studies in math and science, seriously.

Last week we learned that our leading spacefaring Nation is not faring very well when it comes to achievement of high school seniors in math and science. This is unacceptable. As we prepare for an information age that will require every student to master not just the basics of reading and math but algebra, geometry, physics, and computer science, I call on every parent, every school, every teacher to set higher expectations for our children. And I call upon all of our students—and I know that Hillary and Eileen will today—to take these challenging courses, so that we can all be prepared for the known and still unknown challenges of the future. And I call on all young girls across America and their parents to take inspiration from Colonel Collins' achievement.

Let me remind you of something she was too modest to say. She has a distinguished degree from Syracuse University. She came up through the ROTC program. She began her high school education in community college. I want every child in this country to know that we have opened the doors of college to all Americans, that community college is virtually free for all children now, that everybody can make this start and nobody needs to put blinders on their aspirations for the future. She is proof.

I want to say, especially to the little girls who will hear Eileen Collins and these who will see her and to their parents, let's remember that at a time when very few girls were taking the hardest math and science courses, Colonel Collins was taking them and mastering them. She did in part because of the unfailing support of her parents who set high expectations and told her she could do anything she set her mind to. She never gave up, and one by one her dreams came true.

I think our country owes a great debt of gratitude to her parents, and I hope that more will follow her direction. And perhaps with her welljustified new fame, notoriety, the greatest mark Colonel Collins will make will not just be written in the stars but here on Earth, in the mind of every young girl with a knack for numbers, the gift for science, and a fearless spirit. Let us work to make sure that for every girl and every boy, dreams and ambitions can be realized, and even the sky is no longer the limit.

Thank you very much.

NOTE: The President spoke at 11:34 a.m. in the Roosevelt Room at the White House.








http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/62503.stm

BBC News

Thursday, March 5, 1998 Published at 17:39 GMT

Sci/Tech

First female Shuttle commander named

Eileen Collins is to be the world's first woman commander of the Space Shuttle.

The US space agency Nasa said she will command the shuttle Columbia on a mission to carry the X-ray Hubble telescope into space in December this year.

Ms Collins told a news conference she felt privileged to be chosen as a Space Shuttle commander.

"Since I was a child I've dreamed about space. I've admired pilots and astronauts, and I've admired explorers of all kinds. It was only a dream of mine that I would some day be one of them and have these kinds of opportunities," she said.

She also thanked all her "role models", women astronauts and pilots who were pioneers in their field.

Making the announcement at the White House, the President's wife Hillary Clinton - who also wanted to be an astronaut when she was in her teens - said: "She made history because of her skill and determination to be not the best woman for the job but simply the best person ... she made it because she ignored those who said it wasn't cool or feminine to study math and science"








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-63

STS-63

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

STS-63 was the first mission of the US/Russian Shuttle-Mir Program, which carried out the first rendezvous of the American Space Shuttle with Russia's space station Mir. Known as the 'Near-Mir' mission, the flight used Space Shuttle Discovery, which lifted off from launch pad 39B on 3 February 1995 from Kennedy Space Center, Florida. A night launch and the 20th mission for Discovery, it marked the first time a Space Shuttle mission had a female pilot, Eileen Collins








Whom Gods Destroy [ Star Trek: The Original Series television episode ]

Original Airdate: 3 Jan, 1969


SPOCK: Captain Garth

GARTH: Lord Garth!








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-71

STS-71

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

STS-71 was the third mission of the US/Russian Shuttle-Mir Program and the first Space Shuttle docking to Russian space station Mir.









Atlantis-MIR-GPN-2000-001071.jpg








2006 film "The Queen" DVD video:

01:16:59


Hunting party guide: There he is. He's a beauty, isn't he? An imperial, ma'am. Fourteen pointer.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: He was wounded.

Hunting party guide: Yes. We got our guest in very close, had him lined up perfect. And, still...








album: "Viva La Vida" (2008)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/vivalavida.html

AZ

COLDPLAY

"Viva La Vida"

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead long live the king
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
Missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world









-25836487 .jpg



- posted by Kerry Burgess 11:22 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 31 October 2018