Saturday, May 28, 2011

CH-47 Chinook




Well, that would make sense. The Grumman C-2 Greyhound is designed to land on the short deck of an aircraft carrier and my time travel leap arrives at the past date 3 March 2003 on a table mesa near Ancient Lake. As best I can tell, that table mesa is about a quarter-mile long.

I might have dreamed those details because of how the C-2 Greyhound transports passengers and cargo to the aircraft carrier deck and, although I did not travel away from that table mesa on a C-2, the CH-47 Chinook helicopter is a tandem rotor configuration and it does have that rear tailgate similar to the C-2 Greyhound. That CH-47 Chinook is what flew in and landed on the table mesa and then a passenger came out to meet me in her bugsuit and shook my hand and then we flew off into the proverbial sunset where I then lived - will live - for 67 days in Bellevue Washington State.