Sunday, May 29, 2011

I-90 Vantage Washington




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/27/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 April 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1980/The_Final_Countdown/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_07

The Final Countdown


:07:10
- Continue fixed wing recovery.
- Aye, Captain.

:07:12
Let's bring the [ CAG ] aboard.

:07:14
Victor-200,
your signal is Charlie.

:07:18
- Set 52, Tomcat.
- Set 52, Tomcat.

:07:24
T- minus 30 seconds.

:07:29
Tomcat 200.
I'm on approach and lining up.

:07:35
Gear coming down.

:07:44
200, slightly right.

:07:49
Gear down and locked.

:07:50
Add power. Power.

:07:53
All indicators green.

:07:55
Hold there.

:07:58
Hold it. Slightly left.

:08:02
In the groove. Looks good.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/30/07 3:08 AM
A very detailed dream about being on a Luge course at an Olympic competition. I can remember that I made two timed runs through the course. I can remember very clearly the first part of the course going down a large hill and going very fast. But the weird part is that I was going backwards and that I had to make a 90-degree turn about half-way through the course, which was very tricky. There was a wall there at the turn that I would have hit if I hadn't got it right. I can remember making course adjustment to my sled as I was traveling backwards and approaching the turn that would be to my left as my back was to it and it was a turn that I couldn't even actually see. I can remember that my time was in the range of 13-something, which I guess means the course took me over 13 minutes. I had no idea if that was good enough time to earn a gold medal. Then I was back at the course start I guess to make a third run. But I didn't see any point to it so I went into some kind of nearby building to return my sled. But at that point, my sled was some kind of copper-colored rocket. There were three people in the room and one was


when we lived in that rented house on Dequincy in De Queen.


announcing my name over the PA but she kept getting my middle name wrong. First she called me Kerry Abner Burgess and then she called me Kerry Charlie Burgess, and she was saying something else but I think at the end, she just like the mike open and wasn't saying anything. I was at the start of the Luge course while she was talking and I was configuring my sled but now it included a chair from a kitchen table. It seemed that the chair would drag behind me on ropes. Instead of having the chair with its back flat to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice, the back of the chair was vertical to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice. Throughtout the dream, I have the indescribable sense of the blue sky, which I can almost visualize and which I could seen parts of the horizon of the sky and their is some indescribable notion connected to that visualization about jet aircraft.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George,_Washington

George, Washington

George is a city in Grant County, Washington, United States.





http://ncwportal.com/grant/interest/quincy_lakes_wildlife_area

North Central Washington Portal

Grant County » Area Attractions » Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area

The Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area covers 15,266 acres and is part of the Quincy Unit of the North Columbia Basin State Wildlife Recreation Area. Recreational opportunities include boating, hunting, water sports, fishing, and camping. Fish species include smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, rainbow trout, yellow perch, and crappie.

Lakes located in the Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area,

Ancient Lake
Burke Lake





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantage,_Washington

Vantage, Washington

Vantage is a census-designated place (CDP) in Kittitas County, Washington, United States. The population was 70 at the 2000 census.


Vantage is known for Ginkgo/Wanapum State Park, its rock climbing










1984 film "Gremlins" DVD video:


Kate Beringer: Say you hate Washington's Birthday or Thanksgiving and nobody cares but say you hate Christmas










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 3:57 AM

How long have you called me "Buster"?

I find it rather endearing, actually, if it is something you have done for a long time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 May 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 9:54 AM

It just makes no sense to me why we have to spend another lousy minute apart.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 May 2007 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster

Buster

Buster may refer to:


Buster, a fighter pilot brevity code signaling an aircraft to use maximum continuous power










http://www.time.com/time/pacific/magazine/20010416/starship.html

TIME


TIME PACIFIC

April 16, 2001 | NO. 15

Starship

A floating fortress of warplanes and warriors, America's flagship is a mighty example of big-stick diplomacy

By STEVE WATERSON U.S.S. Constellation, Tasman Sea

A few kilometers out from the carrier, the twin-turboprop grumman c-2a Greyhound banks and dips as it lines up its approach. Two hundred and forty km east of Sydney, a month into its journey from San Diego to the Arabian Gulf, the 17-story-high U.S.S. Constellation is a reassuring sight, a dark mass against the gray expanse of the Tasman Sea. At least that's how it must appear to the pilots. To the cargo plane's rear-facing passengers, lacking windows to orient themselves, the maneuvers are detected by a nervous gyroscope in their stomachs as G-forces, like giant hands, first compress then lift them in their harnesses. The crewmen grin at their civilian visitors' discomfort. "You'll feel a bump as the tailhook catches," shouts Petty Officer Brian Anderson, "and as the aircraft stops you'll sink back into your seats." Rather mild words to describe the impact as the plane decelerates from more than 200km/h to rest in less than two seconds.

To the untutored eye, as the Greyhound's ramp is lowered, the 329-m flight deck of the Constellation ("Connie" to her crew) is a manic ballet of men and aircraft, danced to the scream copter rotors and spinning propellers. The smell of aviation fuel is carried on burning blasts of exhaust; specks of tire rubber sting exposed flesh as incoming fighters are snapped to a standstill by one of the four arrestor cables stretched across the deck.

Nine flights of ladders above, the choreographer of this apparent chaos stands alert but relaxed beside his swivel chair to the port side of the bridge, overlooking the bow catapult launcher, a broad circular wing mirror showing the planes landing behind him. He answers telephones, issues orders and corrections to his officers, all the while sustaining an enthusiastic running commentary for his guests.










1982 film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" DVD video:


Linda Barrett: I sent a letter to Doug today. Can't wait until he gets out here.





1982 film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" DVD video:


Linda Barrett: He works for the airline. You'll meet him.