Thursday, January 30, 2014

Toy Soldiers




1990 film "Kindergarten Cop" DVD video:

01:25:00


John Kimble: We'll find him.

Joyce Palmieri/Rachel Crisp: Dominic!

John Kimble: Did he say anything before he left?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb


The Terminator (1984)

Quotes


The Terminator: I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

Desk Sergeant: No, you can't see her she's making a statement.

The Terminator: Where is she?

Desk Sergeant: It may take a while. Want to wait? There's a bench over there.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102266/quotes

IMDb


The Last Boy Scout (1991)

Quotes


Joe Hallenbeck: This is the '90s. You can't just walk up and slap a guy, you have to say something cool first.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087910/quotes

IMDb


The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)

Quotes


David Herdeg: [to transvestite] What the hell are you dressed like that for?










http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3959&year=1992&month=2

George Bush [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Presidential Library and Museum

Public Papers - 1992 - September

Remarks on Arrival in Greenville, South Carolina

1992-09-05

Thank you all very, very much. What a great welcome back to this wonderful State.


Let me just say, we're going to move on now over to the Apple Festival in North Carolina, but I want to say this: I am ready for the fight. We are going to take this battle for a better America to the American people. We are going to win the battle for school choice. It's important that parents can choose where their kids go to school. We are going to win the battle to back up our law enforcement officers and have a little more respect for the victims of crime and a little less for the criminals.










1992 film "Freejack" DVD video:

00:56:30


Reporter: You got a name, sugar?

Alex Furlong: Yeah, it's, uh - Alex.

Reporter: Well, Alex, do a working girl a favor and talk to me for the Club Channel.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:17 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 22 February 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/02/chain-reaction.html


Back in the year 2003 I wrote a letter on my computer at home and I printed it out on to paper and I put that letter in a stamped envelope for the postal service and I sent that letter through the United States Postal Service. I had the envelope of the letter addressed specifically to the Chief of Operations United States Navy and I referenced a special projects branch I had found on the internet.


I mailed the letter to the Chief of Operations United States Navy and told them I should have received the Silver Star.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104299/quotes

IMDb


Freejack (1992)

Quotes


Alex Furlong: How'm I doin'?

Victor Vacendak: Not bad.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099938/quotes

IMDb


Kindergarten Cop (1990)

Quotes


Detective John Kimble: We're going to play a wonderful game called... "Who is my daddy and what does he do?"










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb


Terminator (1984)

Quotes


Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced?










http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-24/news/mn-31497_1_prince-william

Los Angeles Times


Restless William Fidgets, Makes Faces : Kids Will Be Kids--Stealing a Share of the Royal Spotlight

July 24, 1986 Associated Press

LONDON — Prince William, second in line to the British throne and youngest attendant at the royal wedding, showed his age--4--at today's ceremony: He fidgeted, made faces and even stuck his tongue out at a cousin.

But on the mile-long procession to Buckingham Palace from his uncle's wedding at Westminster Abbey, William adhered to a British royal tradition--he waved all along the route.

While Prince Andrew exchanged wedding vows with Sarah Ferguson, William fidgeted in his seat in full view of television cameras.

Poked Self in Eye

The young prince seemed little interested in the ceremony and sat playing with the cord on his hat, wrapping it around his fingers and his nose. Then he poked himself in the eye with it. At one point, he stuck his tongue out at his 6-year-old cousin, bridesmaid Laura Fellowes.

His antics drew a warning glance and giggles from his mother, Princess Diana, who was sitting nearby.

William's restlessness continued while his father, Prince Charles, read from Ephesians 3. Then William, along with fellow page Seamus Makim, the bride's 5-year-old nephew, began playing with the toy seaman's knives that came with their blue and white sailor suits.

The knives, toy replicas of those used by Royal Navy sailors in the 19th Century, have blunted stainless steel blades and bone handles.

William was on his best behavior when the service ended, leading the seven other young attendants out of the abbey.










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Toy Soldiers"

18 February 1996

Episode 16 Season 1 DVD video:


US Marine Corps Private West: Sir, there's been no prior intelligence mission in this area.

US Marine Corps 2LT James Herrick: I know. We're it. We're just adding a little initiative. Donovan. Eichler. Locate the control box. I'll attach a C670. West. Miller. Stay here. Keep an eye out.

US Marine Corps Private Eichler: There's no control box.

US Marine Corps Private Donovan: There's none over here either. There's got to be electronics.

US Marine Corps Private Eichler: Wait a minute. This thing isn't even operable. It's bogus.

US Marine Corps 2LT James Herrick: What?

US Marine Corps Private Eichler: You know, it's a dummy like those fake planes the British used during World War 2 to trick the Germans.

US Marine Corps Private West: Incoming!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ah.... a cookbook. If that was me that was stuck in the aircraft carrier's superstructure after ejecting from a failed launch of my F-14 Tomcat, I created an artificial and symbolic memory of me sitting underneath the ships radar while reading a book. I almost got cooked by that radar so I symbolized that with me sitting under it reading a book to create a reference to a cookbook. I have other vague memories, artificial or real, I'm not certain, that support this notion.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 July 2007 excerpt ends]










1997 film "The Jackal" DVD video:

00:29:42


[ airport waiting room ]

FBI Agent T. I. Witherspoon: I'm going to keep a real good eye on you.

Declan Mulqueen: [ scoffing chuckle ]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/4/2006 8:04 AM
After I awoke the first time last night after an extended period of sleep, I had more thoughts about Mars. I was thinking that I left some kind of low-powered voice transmission source on the surface. It is powered by solar panels but I can’t think of any other details about it.

The second time I awoke after a few hours sleep, I remembered a dream that seemed to occur just before I awoke. The first part is jumbled, but the other parts are remarkable somehow in the clarity of the images. There is just something about those dreams that I have to recognize. And since they occur just before I awake, I think that is also significant. The first part had something to do with Shaka Zulu, but I am not sure what. It may reflect my studies of that historical figure and it may also represent my interaction with people in Africa. After I awoke, I started connecting my knowledge of his rise to power with something Michael Draper said to me in a “memory” of a scuffle we had when we lived on Hicks Road. The part of the dream that is very clear though is after the Shaka Zulu part and I can see someone that I think is myself and I am blended into the landscape with what looks like a sniper rifle. Later I would start to think it was actually a laser designator. I was watching a car crossing a bridge and I was looking at the occupants of the car through the scope. At the same time, I was distracted because someone with me was in a knife fight nearby with some huge looking guy. I had to keep sight on the car though and could not do anything to help. He lost the fight and was eviscerated by the monstrous guy. The last image I have is of seeing those occupants of the car falling off the bridge and they seemed to be outside of the car.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102266/quotes

IMDb


The Last Boy Scout (1991)

Quotes


Joe Hallenbeck: I swear to Christ, Junior, if I survive this fuckin' case I'm gonna dance a jig.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:04 AM Saturday, June 30, 2007


I just read this a few minutes ago after finding it on the internet and it sure sounds a lot like what I wrote about the front wheel popping off my blue 1967 Chevrolet in my artificial and symbolic memory.


http://www.ejectionsite.com/estories.htm

Broken Launch Bar Linkage

The USS Forrestal (CV-59) was on its last operational cruise in the Med in 1990. We were conducting night flight ops off the coast of Turkey in support of Operation Provide Comfort. I had just shutdown my aircraft and was walking across the flight deck when the sound of snapping metal amidst a Tomcat launch off the port waist cat caught my attention. I turned to see the F-14 sliding sideways towards the edge of the flight deck. Apparently a component of the launch bar had snapped midway through the catapult stroke sequence, giving the Tomcat only a gentle push (approx. 20-30 knots) instead of the huge kick in the butt required to get the aircraft up to flying speed. The pilot had immediately realized something was wrong, and in a split second reacted to attempt to hit the brakes and stop prior to falling off the edge into the ocean 80 feet below. As they approached the edge, a tire blew sending the F-14 sliding sideways, and the pilot judged they wouldn't stop in time and initiated ejection. As the pilot and RIO rode the seat rails up into the night, one of the F-14s main landing gear jumped the deck edge rail but miraculously stuck just over the edge, and the aircraft remained perched precariously partially over the deck edge. The RIO was soon sighted landing further aft on the flight deck, and although he received some bumps, bruises and scrapes from his ejection and rough landing on the flight deck, he was was happy to walk away from it with a good story to tell that night over midrats. Meanwhile, a full scale search was underway for the pilot. The airborne SAR helicopter had witnessed the ejection and was on the scene so rapidly that the image of the RIO floating down in his parachute canopy nearly filled their windscreen as they whipped across the fantail. They quickly set up for an approach to the datum, and commenced a hover search. Flight operations were suspended and all airborne aircraft were given instructions to hold overhead (or expeditiously recovered if low on fuel). Fifteen minutes later there was still no sign of the pilot. As the search proceeded with additional helicopters and ships in the area, the flight deck began to quiet down. An alert deck hand thought he heard a faint cry for help, but didn't see anything over the deck edge. The sound of yelling for help persisted, and suddenly the deck hand looked up, and with the aid of his flashlight, was able to make out the shape of the pilot hanging from his parachute 100 feet above him in the radio antennaes and masts at the top of the carrier's superstructure. Although the recovery of the pilot took an additional half hour, he was recovered uninjured.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 June 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102266/quotes

IMDb


The Last Boy Scout (1991)

Quotes


[while Joe is dancing a jig]

Jimmy Dix: You know, for a dancer, he is one hell of a detective.










1990 film "Kindergarten Cop" DVD video:

01:25:19


Dominic Palmieri: Help!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:17 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 30 January 2014