Friday, January 17, 2014

Way Beyond





View Larger Map










2006 film "Click" DVD video:

01:35:14


Michael Newman: Where am I?

Bed, Bath & Beyond Guy: You're in Bed Bath & Beyond, sir. I was just watching you sleep.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:


In the Frame of Mind episode, Riker comments about how one person is always there. For me, it is Mark Mogge. He is almost everywhere in my past.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:56 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG: Frame of Mind, May 16, 1993


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

[Ah, yes, I remember this episode well. And it continues to this minute. I keep hearing their tune, I hear it everyday, especially today, some days are worse than others, like today. I haven't seen this episode in a long time, but I think the worst part is in the cafeteria when Crusher shows up, that is my constant feeling. Expecting, waiting, knowing, but nothing happens.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_of_Mind_%28TNG_episode%29

Commander Riker is preparing for a covert mission. Worf briefs him on what he needs to do and accidentally cuts Riker on the side of his head. Riker goes to sick bay and Crusher heals it, but it still hurts.

Riker rehearses for a theatre play which is called "Frame of Mind", due to be performed before the mission. His part is that of a man imprisioned in an orwellian mental hospital who has been repeatedly exposed to hallucinogenic drugs in an attempt to convince him that he is a murderer.

During his rehearsals, Riker suffers from nervousness and paranoia; he catches a lieutenant staring at him several times, although nobody else seems to notice him.

After several rehearsals, it's finally the day of the performance. Riker delivers a spectacular performance. He grows increasingly agitated while talking to his doctor (Data); he's recovering from his latest dose of drugs and is becoming angry as he realizes his predicament. Riker's character delivers a soliliquy on sanity, seemingly convincing himself that he is indeed sane. Data shakes his head and says "I see we still have much work to do" and leaves the room. Riker dashes to the cell door and claws at it manaiacally, but then sinks to the floor sobbing. The play is over and he gets up to bow with Data. He looks up into the audience and sees the lieutenant in the middle, frowning. Riker shudders but takes a deep bow. When he straightens, he's facing a grey cell wall. He glances around; he's in the cell from the play! The doctor on his right raises his eyebrow and says "I see we still have much work to do."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:24 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:


I was talking to Mogge a few years ago when I was working here at Microsoft and he was working at our Charlotte office. We were talking about our time on the Wainwright. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of another guy there in the office had been part of that Blackhawk Down event, as known from the movie of that name. I didn't really believe him for some reason. I mentioned at one point about the letter of commendation for the Wainwright CO and he said something that made me doubt my perception that everyone in Missile Plot had got a similar letter. He told me he still had his, it was there somewhere in his desk drawer, but then he started reciting from the Joint Unit Meritorious award which was given to all of us in the unit. I thought something was odd about that and decided that maybe I was the only one that had gotten an individual award.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 1:55 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Journal May 22, 2006


In 2001, when I saw Mogge again for the first time in several years, he told me that I looked just like I did back in the '80s. In the context this mystery revealing itself to me, that may mean he told me that to reinforce what I have been, for lack of a better word, brainwashed to believe about myself. I am wondering if I have actually had some kind of facial reconstruction sometime in the past. I don't see any scars though to suggest I have had surgery, but maybe that doesn't matter.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:26 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 14, 2006, Supplemental

Kerry Burgess wrote:


Sarajevo ! ?? What is it about Sarajevo??? That struck me as I saw something about it on the news today. I can remember thinking about Sarajevo back at Microsoft because I think Sharon was from Yugoslavia, or maybe not Yugoslavia, but somewhere nearby I think. It was somewhere that made me think of Sarajevo. I don't think she was from Sarajevo, but I don't know. I didn't really talk to her about it because my memory told me that I almost went to Sarajevo. When I left the Wainwright in Monaco, Dubrovnik was their next stop. Mogge told me later that it had been a nice place to visit but I was better off leaving the ship to head back to the States for my new job. As soon as I heard them mention Sarajevo, I'm not sure how to describe it. It feels like my mind got heavier, heavier with forgotten memories.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 June 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


[Street]

(McCoy catches the down-and-out.)

MAN: No!

MCCOY: I'm glad you got away, too. Why do you think they want to kill us?

MAN: Look, fella, you take a sip too much of that old wood alky, and, and almost anything seems like it

MCCOY: Where? Where are we? Earth? The constellations seem right, but. Explain! Explain this trick.

MAN: I, I,

MCCOY: Biped. Small. Good cranial development. No doubt considerable human ancestry. Is that how you're able to fake all of this? Very good. Modern museum perfection. Right down to the cement beams. Very, very good. Oh, I'd give a lot to see the hospital. Probably needles and sutures. All the pain. They used to hand-cut and sew people like garments. Needles and sutures. Oh, the terrible pain!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, June 9, 2006 10:03 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 9, 2006, Supplemental 2

After I became work Center Supervisor on the Wainwright, I named our workplace The Missile Plot Country Club.

Before I left the Wainwright, we were deployed to the Med. During Christmas while over there, Mogge and I made a Christmas tree out of some kind of paper, some type of heavy wax paper. I formed it into a large cone-shaped "tree" and then we spray-painted it green. We used spare lamps from the computers and connected them to batteries to make lights for the tree.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 June 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:

My memory, which I am growing increasingly certain is false beyond a certain date


I wonder where the divergence point is in history? When did I become Kerry Burgess and who am I really?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006

When I hear my real name, that is probably the key to unlocking all those blocked memories.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 May 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:59 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Friday 17 January 2014