Monday, January 27, 2014

WarGames




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/12/10 1:06 PM
Goddamnit I wake up feeling a hundred times worse than when I went to sleep.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/12/10 8:46 PM
I was going to note after watching the 2004 film "The Day After Tomorrow" on television the other day my observation about the actor Perry King and that woman who also had a role in that film and about how that made me think of that "The Outer Limits" episode the two of them starred in. Perry King was a Senator who was injured in a car wreck and the woman was the doctor who examined him and who determined he was not human. I think about it again now because I saw Perry King in a dream just before I awoke from an extended nap and I have been thinking about that dream. I cannot remember other details that lead up to the scenes I remember but I seem to be flying through the sky at night and I might have actually been wearing a "Superman" outfit in the dream but I did not see any details in the dream that suggest I was wearing that clothing. I do have the sense from the dream that I was wearing clothing similar to "Superman" though. I was flying through the sky and I was looking down and I seemed to be looking for something. I think I was using my X-ray vision to see if I could see the thermal energy from a person in a house I had just left and I am aware of looking down at trees and I could see some kind of thermal visuals down below me on the ground. I saw something else too and I was trying to figure out what it was and that was in another location from where I had been first looking. I was looking at something that was similar to that thermal image from my X-ray vision but at another time the visual seemed to be a silver bar in the shape of a rectangle, where the previous X-ray thermal image was a reddish rectangle bar. Then I was on the ground and the details are vague but the object I had seen might have been below the ground. I had also seen Perry King standing around there and that first observation is vague now but I think I saw him standing nearing that site on the ground and then he left in one direction and then I landed on the ground and then he showed up from another direction and I am left with the sense I grabbed him by the neck or I did and then quickly let go of his neck as though I had recognized him and I then let go of his neck. The details are growing vague now but I think I had him get a shovel to start digging to find out what I saw underground and I am not certain if I dreamed that part or if that was a line of thought immediately after I woke up. I think I might have forgotten other details after I started writing this. I have also had the certain sense that Michelle Kwan was communicating with me and there was something about how she suggested that I not trust people around me right now.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 April 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 22


Did you know they actually injected him with the Blue virus? He thought it was a sedative. He killed it, and no one has the slightest idea how. If we had six weeks, we might be able to turn the trick. But, we don’t. The flu story is the best one, but it is imperative—imperative —that the other side never sees this as an artificial situation created in America. It might give them ideas.

“Cleveland has between eight and twenty men and women in the U.S.S.R. and between five and ten in each of the European satellite countries. Not even I know how many he has in Red China.” Starkey’s mouth was trembling again. “When you see Cleveland this afternoon, all you need tell him is Rome falls. You won’t forget?”

“No,” Len said. His—lips felt curiously cold. “But do you really expect that they’ll do it? Those men and women?”

“Our people got those vials one week ago. They believe they contain radioactive particles to be charted by our Sky-Cruise satellites. That’s all they need to know, isn’t it, Len?”

“Yes, Billy.”

“And if things do go from bad to… to worse, no one will ever know. Project Blue was uninfiltrated to the very end, we’re sure of that. A new virus, a mutation… our opposite numbers may suspect, but there won’t be time enough. Share and share alike, Len.”

“Yes.”

Starkey was looking at the monitors again. “My daughter gave me a book of poems some years ago. By a man named Yeets. She said every military man should read Yeets. I think it was her idea of a joke. You ever heard of Yeets, Len?”

“I think so,” Creighton said, considering and rejecting the idea of telling Starkey the man’s name was pronounced Yates.

“I read every line,” Starkey said, as he peered into the eternal silence of the cafeteria. “Mostly because she thought I wouldn’t. It’s a mistake to become too predictable. I didn’t understand much of it—I believe the man must have been crazy—but I read it. Funny poetry. Didn’t always rhyme. But there was one poem in that book that I’ve never been able to get out of my mind. It seemed as if that man was describing everything I dedicated my life to, its hopelessness, its damned nobility. He said that things fall apart. He said the center doesn’t hold.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/quotes

IMDb


WarGames (1983)

Quotes


David Lightman: [typing] What is the primary goal?

Joshua: You should know, Professor. You programmed me.










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

00:55:09


US Army lieutenant general Starkey: Is that Hungarian goulash?

US Army major Len Creighton: It might be, sir.

US Army lieutenant general Starkey: Yeats was right. Things fall apart.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/W/WarGames_(1983)_CD1.html


WarGames


George is with the FBI.|He brought the kid in.
It looks like we've got|a high-school prank on our hands.
Paul, what happened?
The kid broke into the war game using a|password left by the original programmer.
- A password?|- Yes, sir.
None of my team even knew it was there.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/W/WarGames_(1983)_CD1.html


WarGames


We can find the password and take it out,|but it might help to beef up security.
Oh. Beef up, huh?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/quotes

IMDb


WarGames (1983)

Quotes


General Beringer: [standing] Mr. Falken you picked a hell of a day for a visit!

Stephen Falken: Uh, uh, General, what you see on these screens up here is a fantasy; a computer-enhanced hallucination. Those blips are not real missiles. They're phantoms.

McKittrick: [McKittrick approaches Beringer] Jack, there's nothing to indicate a simulation at all. Everything is working perfectly!

Stephen Falken: But does it make any sense?

General Beringer: Does what make any sense?

Stephen Falken: [points to the screens] That!

General Beringer: Look, I don't have time for a conversation right now.

Stephen Falken: [Falken speaks as he approaches] General, are you prepared to destroy the enemy?

General Beringer: You betcha!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:02 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Monday 27 January 2014