Friday, June 26, 2015

"Come on, Gaius. The communications frequencies, deployment schedules, unlimited access to every database."




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 4842.6

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968


[Spock's quarters]

MCCOY: I thought you were reporting to Sickbay.

SPOCK: There isn't time, Doctor. I must decipher those obelisk's symbols. They're a highly advanced form of cipher writing.

MCCOY: You've been trying to do that ever since we started back to that planet. Fifty eight days.

SPOCK: I'm aware of that, Doctor. I'm also aware when we arrive at the planet, we'll have barely four hours to effect rescue. I believe those symbols are the key.

MCCOY: Well, you won't read them by killing yourself. You've hardly eaten or slept for weeks. Now if you don't let up, you're going to collapse.

SPOCK: I am not hungry, Doctor. And under stress, we Vulcans can do without sleep for weeks.

MCCOY: Well, your Vulcan metabolism is so low it can hardly be measured, and as for the pressure, that green ice water you call blood

SPOCK: My physical condition is not important, Doctor. That obelisk is.

MCCOY: Well, my diagnosis is exhaustion brought on from overwork and guilt. You're blaming yourself for crippling this ship, just as we blamed you. Well, we were wrong. So were you. You made a command decision. Jim would have done the same. My prescription is rest, now. Do I have to call the security guards to enforce it?

(Spock goes and lies on his bed. McCoy leaves. Spock gets up again and returns to his study of the symbols.)










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/aurora-417892/

tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 9

Aurora

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2005 on Syfy

The team finds a large Ancient Ship called Aurora adrift on the edge of the galaxy and it still has Ancients living on board.

AIRED: 9/23/05










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

AURORA

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.23.05


SHEPPARD: Why would the Wraith wanna soup up the Aurora's hyperdrive?

McKAY: Because the Wraiths' hyperdrives are nowhere near as advanced as the Ancient hyperdrives! All this technology the Captain's feeding her right now ...

SHEPPARD: ... she'll learn how to modify the Wraiths' hyperdrives from interstellar to intergalactic.










http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Center/Speeches/2005/09/Bill-Gates-Lakeside-School

Bill & Melinda Gates foundation [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Press Room

Speeches

Bill Gates - Lakeside School

September 23, 2005

Remarks by Bill Gates, co-chair


we’ll be able to attract the best talent and the greatest diversity—and both are essential to a top education in the 21st century.

I also support Lakeside out of simple personal gratitude.

Lakeside introduced me to computers. They allowed me to teach a class in computers. They hired me to write a scheduling program.










http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-11-11/business/9811110299_1_microsoft-partner-steven-holley-intel

Chicago Tribune


Intel Exec Stands By Testimony

November 11, 1998 By Andrew Zajac, Tribune Staff Writer.

WASHINGTON — Intel Corp. executive Steven McGeady, under cross-examination Tuesday in the Microsoft antitrust trial, acknowledged that Intel blundered when it developed multimedia technology for a soon-to-be-replaced version of Microsoft's Windows operating system. But he refused to yield on his contention that the technology was shelved because of Microsoft's threats.

A Microsoft lawyer spent the afternoon attacking McGeady as a poorly-informed malcontent in an attempt to undo his testimony that Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates threatened to withhold vital support for Intel microprocessors unless Intel ceased development of multimedia software known as native signal processing, or NSP.

The thrust of McGeady's testimony was that even Intel, which shares dominance of the personal computer world with Microsoft, was not immune from bullying when Microsoft perceived incursions on its turf--any software connected to Windows.

McGeady's testimony is considered especially significant because unlike other government witnesses to date, he represents not a competitor, but a Microsoft partner--and one of the high-tech world's most powerful forces. Intel microprocessors are the brains of more than 80 percent of the world's desktop computers, and like Microsoft, the company is being sued by federal regulators for abuse of its market power.

McGeady testified that consumers were hurt by Intel's decision to sideline NSP because it delayed the availability of software that improved the clarity of pictures and sound delivered over the Internet on Windows-based computers.

He also said Microsoft would have damaged the openness of the Internet by adding proprietary elements, called extensions, to the basic language of Web pages, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).

His notes of a November 1995 meeting quote a Microsoft official as saying the company planned to "kill HTML by extending it."










http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011091/quotes

IMDb


Quotes for

Prof. Grady Tripp (Character)

Wonder Boys (2000)


Grady Tripp: She's a transvestite.

Terry Crabtree: You're stoned.

Grady Tripp: She's still a transvestite.










From 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) To 9/23/2005 is 2040 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) is 2040 days



From 1/17/1964 ( Michelle Obama ) To 12/8/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 11/22/1896 ( George Ferris deceased ) To 9/4/1976 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States arrested again by police in the United States ) is 29140 days

29140 = 14570 + 14570

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 9/23/2005 is 3231 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/7/1974 ( premiere US TV series "Land of the Lost" ) is 3231 days



From 4/25/1951 ( premiere US film "Follow the Sun" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 12/7/1954 ( premiere US film "Devil's Point" ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 6/20/1947 ( Bugsy Siegel killed in his home by gunfire from outside ) To 9/23/2005 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 2/26/1951 ( premiere US film "The Magnet" ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 2/26/1951 ( premiere US film "The Magnet" ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 9/30/1975 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy test pilot was the primary test pilot for the first flight of the Hughes and McDonnell Douglas AH-64 Apache attack helicopter and for the United States Army AH-64 Apache test program ) To 9/23/2005 is 10951 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/27/1995 ( premiere US film "Leaving Las Vegas" ) is 10951 days



From 10/6/1977 ( the first flight Soviet Union MiG-29 Fulcrum ) To 9/23/2005 is 10214 days

10214 = 5107 + 5107

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/27/1979 ( premiere US TV series episode "Fantasy Island"::"The Red Baron" ) is 5107 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 9/23/2005 is 12326 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/2/1999 ( premiere US film "The Sixth Sense" ) is 12326 days



From 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) To 9/23/2005 is 3986 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/1/1976 ( premiere US TV movie "Newman's Drugstore" ) is 3986 days



From 10/24/1962 ( premiere US film "The Manchurian Candidate" ) To 9/14/2002 ( at Overlake hospital in Bellevue Washington State the announced birth of Phoebe Gates the daughter of Microsoft Bill Gates the transvestite and Microsoft Bill Gates the 100% female gender as born and Microsoft Bill Gates the Soviet Union prostitute ) is 14570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/2005 is 14570 days



From 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) To 9/23/2005 is 595 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/20/1967 ( Nicole Kidman ) is 595 days



From 11/15/1958 ( premiere US film "Frankenstein's Daughter" ) To 9/23/2005 is 17114 days

17114 = 8557 + 8557

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/7/1989 ( premiere US film "Dead Calm" ) is 8557 days


http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Center/Speeches/2005/09/Bill-Gates-Lakeside-School

Bill & Melinda Gates foundation [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Press Room

Speeches

Bill Gates - Lakeside School

September 23, 2005

Remarks by Bill Gates, co-chair

Thank you, Jenny, for that kind introduction—and thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

It’s great to be back. I never imagined that anyone would ever cheer for me on a Lakeside athletic field.

I almost didn’t make it here tonight—because I nearly didn’t make it to Lakeside at all.

You see, when I was in 6th grade, and my mom and dad suggested I go to Lakeside, I wasn’t too sure about it. In those days, Lakeside was an all-boys school where you wore a jacket and tie, called your teachers "master," and went to chapel every morning. For a while, I even thought about failing the entrance exam.

But I decided to do as well as I could on the test, and luckily, I got in. Now I’m finally prepared to say what no son ever wants to say, especially in public: "Dad, you and Mom were right."

Lakeside was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'm happy to be here to say a few words about my time at Lakeside, and why it’s so important to support the vision that Lakeside's faculty, staff, and alumni have spent the past five years developing.

One reason I'm so grateful to Lakeside is that I can directly trace the founding of Microsoft back to my earliest days here.

When I came here as a 7th grader in the late 1960s, there were a number of faculty members who worked together to get a computer terminal on the campus.

Of course, computers were totally new to everyone here—faculty as well as students. In one early development, one of the teachers burned up 200 dollars of computer time in a few minutes by accidentally running an infinite loop.

That made computers seem pretty scary to some people here—especially when 13-year-old kids were eager to try their luck next.

The school could have shut down the terminal, or they could have tightly regulated who got to use it. Instead, they opened it up. Instead of teaching us about computers in the conventional sense, Lakeside just unleashed us.

The experience and insight Paul Allen and I gained here gave us the confidence to start a company based on this wild idea that nobody else agreed with—that computer chips were going to become so powerful that computers and software would become a tool that would be on every desk and in every home.

As a result of the success of Microsoft, my wife, Melinda, and I have been able to get involved in philanthropy.

Naturally, one of the impulses of philanthropy is a desire to help provide opportunities for people. One of the ways our foundation is doing that is by helping more people here in America get the benefits of higher education.

Unfortunately, too many high schools are not graduating students who are prepared to do well in college. So we have invested nearly a billion dollars to re-design high schools around the country to help create an environment where students achieve at a higher level and never fall through the cracks.

What does this have to do with Lakeside? Our foundation’s work in high schools is based on principles that happen to be deeply ingrained in Lakeside's culture. We call them the new three R's—the basic building blocks of better high schools.

The first R is Rigor – making sure all students are given a challenging curriculum that prepares them for college or work;

The second R is Relevance – making sure kids have courses and projects that clearly relate to their lives and their goals;

The third R is Relationships – making sure kids have a number of adults who know them, look out for them, and push them to achieve.

When I first heard theories of school reform based on these principles, they made intuitive sense to me. They are what make Lakeside a phenomenal school.

Rigor absolutely defined my Lakeside experience. Lakeside had the kind of teachers who would come to me, even when I was getting straight A's, and say: "When are you going to start applying yourself?"

Teachers like Ann Stephens. I was in her English class, and I read every book in there twice. But I sat in the back of the room and never raised my hand.

One day, she said: "Bill, you're just coasting. Here are my ten favorite books; read these. Here's my college thesis; you should read it." She challenged me to do more. I never would have come to enjoy literature as much as I do if she hadn’t pushed me.

I had the world's greatest chemistry teacher in Daniel Morris. He gave me a hard time and told me that I was just getting by in terms of what I understood about chemistry.

I always did well in analytical chemistry, but I hated all those pipettes and test tubes in the lab. He knew that, and he still managed to get me into the lab to do experiments—and I had a much better understanding because of it.

I can trace a lot of my love of science to the demands he put on me to really try to understand chemistry.

Relevance also was a big part of my Lakeside education. The most common image of a bad education is a sullen kid, slumped in a desk saying: "When am I ever going to use this?"

The teachers here did everything to make their lessons matter. For me, of course, the clearest example of relevance was computers.

Years before other schools recognized the importance of computers, the Lakeside Mothers Club came up with the money to buy a teletype that connected over the phone lines with a GE time-sharing computer.

Computer time was so expensive that it really added to the tension of that room in McAlister Hall.

You had to type up your program off-line and create this paper tape—and then you would dial up the computer and get on, and get the paper in there, and while you were programming, everybody would crowd around, shouting: "Hey, you made a typing mistake." "Hey, you messed this up!" "Hey, you’re taking too much time."

Once in a while, when we got stuck on a problem, Paul Allen would turn to me and say: "If you think you're so smart, you figure this out." And I would take those manuals home and read them page by page, over and over.

Of course, a whole new dimension of relevance came when I was asked to do a computerized class schedule for the high school.

It was complex, but ultimately very rewarding. By the time I was done, I found that I had no classes at all on Fridays. And even better, there was a disproportionate number of interesting girls in all my classes.

Now that"s relevance!

Finally, I had great relationships with my teachers here at Lakeside.

Classes were small. You got to know the teachers. They got to know you. And the relationships that come from that really make a difference. If you like and respect your teacher, you"re going to work harder.

Gary Maestretti really inspired me to learn physics. Fred Wright really inspired me to learn math, and was a great mentor in the computer room in McAllister Hall.

Ann Stephens got me to sign up for drama. I didn't have to do drama. I didn't have a lot of skill in that. But she had built a strong relationship with me, and she made me want to give it a try.

She gave me the lead in a romantic comedy that I still know all the lines to. The only downside is that I invited my co-star to our real-life prom, and she turned me down. She's here tonight, and I want her to know: I recently got over it.

Rigor, relevance, and relationships are what made my time at Lakeside so extraordinary. Through our foundation, we're now trying to bring these core principles to public schools across the country.

So Lakeside is—in a sense—supporting our philanthropy. But it’s also important that our philanthropy support Lakeside.

There are numerous approaches to charitable giving. One is to try to give others the same opportunities you had. Another is to help the institutions that helped you. A third approach is to identify needs and help address them.

I support Lakeside from all three points of view. I want as many students as possible, from as many different backgrounds as possible, to enjoy a Lakeside education.

So I think it’s important to put the financial aid program at Lakeside on such a solid footing that money will never be a reason for denying a Lakeside education to a promising student. If we have strong financial aid, we’ll be able to attract the best talent and the greatest diversity—and both are essential to a top education in the 21st century.

I also support Lakeside out of simple personal gratitude.

Lakeside introduced me to computers. They allowed me to teach a class in computers. They hired me to write a scheduling program.

It didn’t have to work that way. They could have hired an outside computer expert to do the scheduling system. Teachers could have insisted that they teach classes on computing, simply because they were the teachers and we were the students.

But they didn't. If there had been no Lakeside, there would have been no Microsoft. And I’m here to say thank you.

Finally, I support Lakeside because I see a deep need for leadership in the world, and I believe Lakeside can help provide it.

I’m really excited about the Global Service Learning Program, which will send Lakeside students on extended trips to developing countries to learn about the people and the issues they face.

I am convinced that after these trips, the students will be transformed. And so will the school—once Lakesiders come back to campus and inform the discussions here with what they heard and saw.

Some of the worst human tragedies happening in the world today go on because we don't really see them. We rarely make eye contact with people who are suffering—so we act sometimes as if the people don't exist and the suffering isn’t happening.

When the images of the people trapped in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina hit the 24-hour cable news stations, the public demanded instant government action to help them—and businesses, foundations, churches, and citizens all stepped in as well.

I believe if we could get the same kind of visibility for health problems around the world, so that rich people saw millions of impoverished mothers burying babies who died from causes we can prevent—we would insist that something be done, and we would be willing to pay for it.

But right now, we don't really see the inequities that keep people around the world sick and poor. We need to see what’s happening—only then will we stop ignoring our neighbors and start helping them.

Some argue we need to do it for economic reasons or national security reasons. I think we need to do it for humanitarian reasons. People are hurting, and we can help them, and that ought to be enough.

The academic excellence Lakeside is known for—combined with a focus on global citizenship—can inspire Lakeside graduates to build the kind of institutions that make the world a smaller place, get science to move forward more quickly, and make sure our discoveries are used for human benefit.

I’m an optimist about the future, and I'm a huge fan of this school. That's why I'm supporting Lakeside, and I want to encourage others to do the same.

With our support—Lakeside can shape a new generation of leaders to help change the world. Let’s help them do it.

Thank you very much.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/releaseinfo

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Release Info

USA 22 February 2000 (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/fullcredits

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Full Cast & Crew


Michael Douglas ... Prof. Grady Tripp










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/209.shtml


GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

AURORA

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.23.05


SHEPPARD: ‘It'?

McKAY: We found a Wraith in one of the stasis pods. It's manipulating the neural feedback program. Your E.E.G. patterns were irregular ...

SHEPPARD: No kidding. I got stunned!

McKAY: I didn't wanna risk pulling you out ‘til I knew more.

SHEPPARD: First Officer.

McKAY: What about him?

SHEPPARD: Her. She's a Wraith -- she has to be. There's something very odd about her, and she keeps preventing me from talking to the Captain.

McKAY: Well, the Wraith we found was male. The First Officer must have been female; it took her place.

SHEPPARD: She knows I want that information and the Captain's the only one with access to it.

McKAY: Well, we don't need the Captain. I've been able to decipher enough of the program to overwrite the protocols. All I have to do is get to a terminal within the virtual environment and I should be able to access any files stored within the database.

SHEPPARD: So we just need to break out of here.

McKAY: Hold that thought.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043772/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Magnet (1950)

Release Info

USA 26 February 1951










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 8:55 AM
I woke up this time thinking, partially visualizing, flying an F-14 Tomcat over the ocean somewhere. I can almost visualize another F-14 flying on my wing. Suddenly, the other F-14 exploded


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_recognition


Aircraft recognition

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aircraft recognition is a visual skill taught to military personnel


Aircraft recognition generally depends on learning the external appearance of the aircraft, both friendly and hostile, most likely to be encountered.










http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=8672

National Museum of the US Air Force


MIKOYAN-GUREVICH MIG-29A

Posted 4/18/2014

The MiG-29 was designed in response to a new generation of American fighters, which included the F-15 and F-16. Designed as an air defense fighter, this dual-purpose aircraft also possessed a ground attack capability. The task of producing a "frontal" or tactical fighter for the Frontal Aviation Regiments of the Soviet Air Force went to the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau (MiG OKB). Employing all the technical data available about the most advanced Western aircraft, the MiG designers started working on the MiG-29 in the early 1970s, and the first prototype made its first flight on Oct. 6, 1977. U.S. reconnaissance satellites detected the new fighter in November 1977, and NATO gave it the designation "Fulcrum."

Production started in 1982, and deliveries to Frontal Aviation units started in 1983. By comparison, the USAF's first operational F-15As arrived seven years earlier in 1976, and its F-16As entered operational service four years earlier in 1979.

Although newer, the MiG-29 still lagged behind the most modern Western fighters in several important areas. For instance, the aircraft designers had little experience in either fly-by-wire controls or lightweight composite materials for airframe construction, and the first MiG-29 versions used a conventional hydraulic flight control system and an aluminum alloy fuselage. Over time, MiG designers addressed these deficiencies, and later variants of the MiG-29 incorporated some fly-by-wire controls and composite materials.

Nevertheless, the MiG-29 presented a formidable threat to Western pilots. The radars used on earlier Soviet fighters had been unable to distinguish aircraft flying below them from ground clutter, and low-flying aircraft could avoid detection. With the Phazotron NIIR N019 Doppler radar (NATO designation "Slot Back") capable of detecting a target more than 60 miles away, infrared tracking sensors, and a laser rangefinder carried on the MiG-29, a pilot could track and shoot at aircraft flying below him. Also, the pilot's Shchel-3UM-1 helmet-mounted aiming device turned the MiG-29 into a very dangerous threat once opponents came within visual range. No longer did a pilot have to turn his aircraft toward a target and wait for his missiles' sensors to "lock-on" before firing. Now, the pilot simply turned his head toward a target, and the helmet aimed the missile's sensors toward the target. This "off boresight" procedure gave the MiG-29 pilot a great advantage at close range.

The aircraft on display was an early model Soviet Air Force MiG-29A (S/N 2960516761) assigned to the 234th Gvardeiskii Istrebitelnii Aviatsionnii Polk (234th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment) stationed at Kubinka Air Base near Moscow. It was one of the six MiG-29s that made a good will visit to Kuoppio-Rissala, Finland, in July 1986. This event marked the first public display of the MiG-29.

TECHNICAL NOTES:

Armament: One 30mm GSh-301 cannon; six air-to-air missiles (mixture of medium-range, radar-guided AA-10 "Alamo-A;" or close-range, infrared-guided AA-11 "Archer;" and/or close-range, infrared-guided AA-8 "Aphid" missiles); able to carry bombs and 57mm, 80mm and 240mm rockets in attack role.

Engines: Two Isotov RD-33 turbofans of approx. 18,300 lbs. thrust each with afterburner

Maximum speed: Approx. Mach 2.3










http://www.tv.com/shows/fantasy-island/the-red-baron-young-at-heart-53223/trivia/

tv.com


Fantasy Island Season 3 Episode 6

The Red Baron / Young at Heart

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Oct 27, 1979 on ABC

Quotes


Cornelius: You amaze me Mr. Roarke, they were the greatest heroes of the War. They had such fantastic style and elan.

Mr. Roarke: Elan.

Cornelius: Oh they had that too huh, that's great. Will they be part of my fantasy too, Mr. Roarke?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056218/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Release Info

USA 24 October 1962










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000173/bio

IMDb


Nicole Kidman

Biography

Date of Birth 20 June 1967, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

Birth Name Nicole Mary Kidman










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097162/releaseinfo

IMDb


Dead Calm (1989)

Release Info

USA 7 April 1989



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097162/fullcredits

IMDb


Dead Calm (1989)

Full Cast & Crew


Billy Zane ... Hughie Warriner










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051631/releaseinfo

IMDb


Frankenstein's Daughter (1958)

Release Info

USA 15 November 1958 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0130536/bio

IMDb


James Callis

Biography

Date of Birth 4 June 1971, London, England, UK










http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica:The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


LILY: Z, you've had enough. I'm not going up in that thing with a drunken pilot.

COCHRANE: But I sure as hell's not going up there sober.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-last-ship/unreal-city-3080880/

tv.com


The Last Ship Season 2 Episode 1

Unreal City

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 21, 2015 on TNT

AIRED: 6/21/15



http://www.tv.com/shows/the-last-ship/fight-the-ship-3080881/

tv.com


The Last Ship Season 2 Episode 2

Fight the Ship

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 21, 2015 on TNT

AIRED: 6/21/15



http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-last-ship-2014&episode=s02e02

Springfield! Springfield!


The Last Ship

Fight the Ship


Attention people of Avocet, we are under attack Keep coming.
Try to stay together.
From rogue elements of the military.
We are under attack! If you see a Navy uniform, - Don't be fooled.
- Keep coming.
- Try to stay in this room.
- They've sabotaged our water supply.
There.
That's one of 'em.










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/209.shtml


GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

AURORA

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.23.05


SHEPPARD (over radio): The Aurora was on a recon mission. The Captain was carrying a communiqué back to Atlantis. In it is vital information about a weakness in Wraith technology.

CALDWELL: What kind of weakness?

SHEPPARD: Well, that's why I have to go back -- he didn't tell me.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4652838/releaseinfo

IMDb


Mr. Robot (TV Series)

Eps1.0hellofriend.mov (2015)

Release Info

USA 24 June 2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4652838/

IMDb


Mr. Robot: Season 1, Episode 1

Eps1.0hellofriend.mov (24 Jun. 2015)

TV Episode

Release Date: 24 June 2015 (USA)



http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=mr-robot-2015&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


Mr. Robot

HELLOFRIEND.MOV


I'm here to tell you I'm turning you in.
- I'm giving them all the information.










http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9801E0DC103BEE33A25750C2A9679D94679ED7CF

The New York Times


Article Preview

INVENTOR FERRIS IS DEAD.; The Man Who Built the Great Wheel for the World's Fair.

PITTSBURG, Penn., Nov. 22. -- George W. G. Ferris, the inventor and builder of the Ferris Wheel, died to-day at Mercy Hospital, where he had been treated for typhoid fever for a week. The disease is said to have been brought on through worry over numerous business matters. He leaves a wife in this city, and friends in mechanical and building circles all over the country.


The New York Times

November 23, 1896



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:41 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 26 June 2015