Saturday, June 13, 2015

"Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell. I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile."




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/ordinaryworld.html

AZ

DURAN DURAN

"Ordinary World"

Came in from a rainy Thursday
On the avenue
Thought I heard you talking softly

I turned on the lights, the TV
And the radio
Still I can't escape the ghost of you

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some are saying
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away










http://www.tv.com/shows/jonathan-strange-and-mr-norrell/the-friends-of-english-magic-3080921/

tv.com


Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell Season 1 Episode 1

The Friends of English Magic

Airs Saturday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2015 on BBC America

Drama set during the Napoleonic Wars in an England where magic once existed and returns in the form of two men, Jonathan Strange and Gilbert Norrell.


AIRS TONIGHT





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=jonathan-strange-and-mr-norrell-2015&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

The Friends of English Magic


Keep an eye open.
Mr Segundus.
At least I can find the devil who keeps swiping my books.
Ah.
There.
Norrell.
Hurtfew Abbey.
It is not an age for magic.
Why then do you persist, sir? What is it? Tremendously dirty.
From a street magician in London.
"A spell to join together articles "which have been parted.
" ~ Does it work? ~ No.
He was a vagabond, you see.
Yellow curtain sort of fellow.
Persuaded me to part with a rather large sum of money for that.
And then he called me back, said he'd tell me a secret for nothing.
Told me that one day magic would be restored to England by two magicians.
Old prophecies are nonsense.
I know.
But it set me upon my present path.
We are two magicians.
John Segundus and Mr Honeyfoot.
Sounds well.
One would expect him to pretend that I was one of the two, but in the end he told me, rather plainly, that I was not.



































10k_DSC00177.JPG










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=jonathan-strange-and-mr-norrell-2015&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

The Friends of English Magic


This is Belasis's instructions.
Every copy of this was destroyed centuries ago.
I did devote a great deal of time to Belasis in my youth, but no longer.
He is mystical when he should be clear and clear when he should be mystical.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=jonathan-strange-and-mr-norrell-2015&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

The Friends of English Magic


Er, I have studied magic, gentlemen, for many years.
The histories of the Raven King, the great magicians of long ago.
I've read the new publications and even made my small contribution to their number.
~ HE COUGHS ~ Excuse me.
But I but I have recently begun to wonder why the great feats of magic that I read about remain in the pages of my books and are not seen on the street or on the battlefield.
I have begun to wonder why modern magicians are unable to work the magic that they write about.
In short, gentlemen, I wish to know .
.
why is magic no longer done in England.
THEY ALL MUTTER It is a long question, Mr Segundus.
Magicians study magic, the history of magic.
We do not perform it.
You don't expect an astronomer to create stars, eh? THEY ALL CHUCKLE Or a botanist to invent new flowers, eh? ~ THEY ALL LAUGH ~ It is a child's question, I appreciate, but no-one else Classical magic, sir, is not a thing for the gentlemen of this society.
Nor any gentleman.
I do hope that you have not been trying to cast spells, sir.
THEY ALL LAUGH










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=jonathan-strange-and-mr-norrell-2015&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

The Friends of English Magic


~ She just wishes you to have purpose.
I have tried to buy an ironworks, the smelting room gave me a headache.
I have tried to establish a business to collect fossils at Lyme Regis.
~ Yes.
~ Much too rainy.
Have you, have you been to Lyme Regis? Cannot your father My father delights in torturing me, as he tortures his servants.
As he tortured my mother.
Jonathan, God will A way will become clear to you, Jonathan.
All I've ever truly wished for is your sister.
It often happens in the most unexpected of ways.
Goodbye, Jonathan.
Do not drown yourself.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:30 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 13 June 2015