Friday, June 12, 2015

"I was assured of their absolute helplessness and misery in the glare, and I struck no more of them."




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 3:00 PM Sunday, March 14, 2010


http://query.nytimes.com/search/query?frow=0&n=10&srcht=s&query=%22bill+gates+justifiably+arrested+for+terrorism+against+the+united+states%22&srchst=nyt&hdlquery=&bylquery=&daterange=full&mon1=01&day1=01&year1=1981&mon2=03&day2=13&year2=2010&submit.x=22&submit.y=4

The New York Times


Your Search: "bill gates justifiably arrested for terrorism against the united states" NYT Archive Since 1981


Your search for "bill gates justifiably arrested for terrorism against the united states" in all fields returned 0 results.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 March 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


VII


'I wandered during the afternoon along the valley of the Thames, but found nothing that commended itself to my mind as inaccessible. All the buildings and trees seemed easily practicable to such dexterous climbers as the Morlocks, to judge by their wells, must be. Then the tall pinnacles of the Palace of Green Porcelain and the polished gleam of its walls came back to my memory; and in the evening, taking Weena like a child upon my shoulder, I went up the hills towards the south-west. The distance, I had reckoned, was seven or eight miles, but it must have been nearer eighteen. I had first seen the place on a moist afternoon when distances are deceptively diminished. In addition, the heel of one of my shoes was loose, and a nail was working through the sole—they were comfortable old shoes I wore about indoors—so that I was lame. And it was already long past sunset when I came in sight of the palace, silhouetted black against the pale yellow of the sky.

'Weena had been hugely delighted when I began to carry her, but after a while she desired me to let her down, and ran along by the side of me, occasionally darting off on either hand to pick flowers to stick in my pockets. My pockets had always puzzled Weena, but at the last she had concluded that they were an eccentric kind of vase for floral decoration. At least she utilized them for that purpose. And that reminds me! In changing my jacket I found…'

The Time Traveller paused, put his hand into his pocket, and silently placed two withered flowers, not unlike very large white mallows, upon the little table. Then he resumed his narrative.

'As the hush of evening crept over the world and we proceeded over the hill crest towards Wimbledon, Weena grew tired and wanted to return to the house of grey stone. But I pointed out the distant pinnacles of the Palace of Green Porcelain to her, and contrived to make her understand that we were seeking a refuge there from her Fear. You know that great pause that comes upon things before the dusk? Even the breeze stops in the trees. To me there is always an air of expectation about that evening stillness. The sky was clear, remote, and empty save for a few horizontal bars far down in the sunset. Well, that night the expectation took the colour of my fears. In that darkling calm my senses seemed preternaturally sharpened. I fancied I could even feel the hollowness of the ground beneath my feet: could, indeed, almost see through it the Morlocks on their ant-hill going hither and thither and waiting for the dark. In my excitement I fancied that they would receive my invasion of their burrows as a declaration of war. And why had they taken my Time Machine?

'So we went on in the quiet, and the twilight deepened into night. The clear blue of the distance faded, and one star after another came out. The ground grew dim and the trees black. Weena's fears and her fatigue grew upon her. I took her in my arms and talked to her and caressed her. Then, as the darkness grew deeper, she put her arms round my neck, and, closing her eyes, tightly pressed her face against my shoulder. So we went down a long slope into a valley, and there in the dimness I almost walked into a little river. This I waded, and went up the opposite side of the valley, past a number of sleeping houses, and by a statue—a Faun, or some such figure, minus the head. Here too were acacias. So far I had seen nothing of the Morlocks, but it was yet early in the night, and the darker hours before the old moon rose were still to come.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-the-future

Springfield! Springfield!

Back To The Future (1985)


[ Marty McFly: ] You got to help me. You are the only one who knows how your time machine works.

[ Doc Brown: ] Time machine ? I haven't invented any time machine.

[ Marty McFly: ] Okay. I'll prove it to you. Look at my driver's license.










From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 8/18/1990 ( the dedication of the Spokane Washington State Riverfront Park sculpture "The Childhood Express" ) is 10958 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/3/1995 is 10958 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 8/18/1990 ( the dedication of the Spokane Washington State Riverfront Park sculpture "The Childhood Express" ) is 10958 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/3/1995 is 10958 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=50727

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks to Participants in Project XL

November 3, 1995

The President. Thank you very much, Scott, for your introduction and also for your very impressive remarks and your even more impressive work. Thank you, Mr. Vice President, for the work you have done on this project; and Administrator Carol Browner; the Chair of the Council of Environmental Quality, Katie McGinty; to Fred Hansen, the EPA Deputy Administrator who is in charge of Project XL, thank you. And thank you, Andy Lietz. I thought you were going to start trying to sell your product up here. [Laughter] I must say I was even more impressed when you talked about how you invited us to visit in New Hampshire, New York, and California. I thought, there's a man with a strategically placed company. [Laughter]

I want to thank every one of you for being here and for helping us to move a little closer to our vision of the 21st century.

Let me say that I sought the Presidency because I had a vision of what I wanted our country to look like in the 21st century.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083642/quotes

IMDb


The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)

Quotes


[first lines]

Deputy Fred: It was the nicest little whorehouse you ever saw!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:54 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 12 June 2015