Sunday, April 29, 2007

8.83 years

Why would "Superman Returns" point to Phoebe Cates and me after all this time if I wasn't still married to her?

I can understand there is some great tragedy to us being torn apart after Libya, but why would a movie as recent 2006 point to us if we aren't married?

And why would I start noticing such details now - as I approach the one year point of the restoration of my real memories? Saving the best part for last? Saving the worst memories for last?

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal May 21, 2006, Supplemental
...
It seems odd now, with all things considered, when a girl I went to high school with was emailing me a while back. I remember she sent me pictures of her kids. I was glad to keep in touch with her and I was hoping to see her next time I traveled back there. She and I went to the prom together when we were in the 11th grade. She's not the same person as the Tamara person I mentioned earlier. One time, sometime in the '90s, my grandmother told me I should marry this woman I took to the prom. I reminded grandma that she was already married and had three kids. I think this memory has some importance, other than the obvious. Could she instead be the Helen Hunt character of my Cast Away life? One possibility is that she was communicating with me to test whether I still had an emotional attachment to her, where pictures of her kids would exacerbate those feelings by reminding me that those could have been my kids. Or maybe she doesn't actually exist. Her name reminds me of that saying about the diamond. An anagram of her first name combined with her last name reminds me of a phrase about "bargain diamonds."
...
When Picard returns to what he considers his real life, he starts over again by having to lose his heart. I wonder what the significance is of that? I don't think it is literal, in that I have a physical artifical heart, rather maybe I was heartbroken because I lost someone I cared about.