Monday, April 30, 2007

"Point Me At The Sky"

From 8/19/1952 to 3/29/1955 is: 952 days
From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 1596 days
952 / 1596 = 0.59

Marina Sirtis (born March 29, 1955[1]) is a British-American actress who is most noted for playing the half-human half-Betazoid Counselor Deanna Troi on the television and film series Star Trek: The Next Generation.


Jonathan Frakes (born August 19, 1952) is an American actor and director best known for his portrayal of Commander William Riker in the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation.


From 7/16/1963 to 12/13/2002 is: 14395 days
From 7/16/1963 to 11/25/1986 is: 8533 days
8533 / 14395 = 0.59

Release date(s) December 13, 2002

Star Trek: Nemesis (Paramount Pictures, 2002) is the tenth Star Trek feature film, and the fourth based on the popular television series Star Trek: The Next Generation.

While the crew of the USS Enterprise prepares to bid farewell to longtime first officer, now Captain, William T. Riker and Counselor Deanna Troi, who have married each other in Alaska, they find the remnants of an android resembling Lieutenant Commander Data on a planet close to the Romulan Neutral Zone called Kolarus III. When the android is reassembled, it reveals its name as B-4, a predecessor to Data.



The day 6/26/1968 marked the point I was half the age of Patrick Stewart when I was born.

From 7/13/1940 to 3/3/1959 is: 6807 days
6807 / 2 = 3403.5

From 3/3/1959 to 6/26/1968 is: 3403 days
From 5/1/1967 to 6/19/1968 is: 415 days, or 59 weeks and 2 days

From 7/16/1963 to 6/19/1968 is: 59 months, 3 days
From 7/16/1963 to 6/26/1968 is: 59.3 months

Phoebe Cates was 59.3 months old on that day. That day showed up recently in some other calculation related to a movie but I can't remember know which one as I didn't understand what it meant at the time it showed up.

I have written about how the day 6/19/1968 was 59 weeks, 2 days, after 5/1/1967, and I think that was the day I first flew a supersonic jet aircraft by myself. I also wrote that I think I was out there in combat in the Vietnam War because I was anticipating my mission to the comet in 1976 and I was interpreting the scripture about Gideon to see if I was the one chosen by some unknown force to be the one to save the planet. And while that day 6/19/1968 was 59 weeks, 2 day, after 5/1/1967, I think the real clue is that on that day, Phoebe Cates was 59 months, 3 days, old. I am thinking that my family had already planned for her and I to marry at some point, as much of my life had been planned to that point, although I didn’t actually meet her until later, and I wanted to see if she really was the only born to marry me. Something about how if I survived that day, then she was the one I was destined to marry and love.

As with Debra Winger from "An Officer And A Gentleman" the girlfriend of the protagonist from the 1981 television series "The Greatest American Hero" also reminds me of Phoebe Cates and 5/1/1967. I "remember" portions of that television series too and it is all about how he has a special red suit that allows him to fly but he can't fly very well with it and he crashes into building when he tries to fly.

From 3/3/1959 to 5/1/1967 is: 2981 days
From 5/25/1955 to 7/16/1963 is: 2974 days

Connie Sellecca (born Concetta Sellecchia on May 25, 1955) is an American actress of Italian descent. She is best known for her roles as William Katt's girlfriend, Pam Davidson on The Greatest American Hero


I have been puzzling over the lyrics to this song for a while. I don’t remember ever actually hearing this song, but I think it is relevant to me somehow. It makes me think of 5/1/1967. According to information on the internet, it released 596 days after 5/1/1967. My thought when I made that calculation is that I might have used that ‘6’ to refer to 3 plus 3, but I’m not sure. I do think that Henry is one of my middle names, too, although I don‘t often use it. Later I realized that the release date was 3 days before the launch of Apollo 8, so maybe that has some bearing on it. If I am remembering it all correctly, the flight Apollo 8 was the 3rd space launch for me and it would be the first time humans orbited the Earth’s Moon. That date is also precisely 5.933 months after 6/19/1968.

That also reminded me, for some reason, a time I went to see Rachel Barnett, a girl I had been dating and that I was quite taken with. She was living with some guy that was the manager of a restaurant or something, and I drove my 1990 red Mazda RX-7 over there to his house and knocked on the door because I wanted her back and I wanted her to leave with me. There was nobody home though. She must be how I remember Phoebe Cates in reality and this must have been 2 or 3 years after I was a POW in Libya. I am not entirely sure what all the details in these artificial memories mean to my reality, but somebody probably knows.

So anyway, the lyrics are also kind of spooky considering what the year 2005 was like for me. Quite prophetic. That was over 2 years ago when I was starving for those 9 days and they did nothing but continue to crowd me as they continue to do to this very minute.

Released 17 December 1968

"
Point Me at the Sky" is a single by the British band Pink Floyd. The song, released on December 17, 1968, was an early Roger Waters composition. This single was the band's fifth. The song spoke of overcrowding and lack of food in the near future (2005). Because the recording quality on most pressings was marginal, there are many different interpretations of the song's lyrics. The single did poorly on the charts, and for this reason Pink Floyd did not release another single in the UK until 1979's "Another Brick in the Wall, Part II" from The Wall. Its B-side, "Careful with That Axe, Eugene," became over time far more popular.


Pink Floyd Lyrics
Point Me At The Sky Lyrics

Hey, Eugene,
This is Henry McClean
And I've finished my beautiful flying machine
And I'm ringing to say
That I'm leaving and maybe
You'd like to fly with me
And hide with me, baby
Isn't it strange
How little we change
Isn't it sad we're insane
Playing the games that we know and in tears
The games we've been playing for thousands and thousands and ....
Pointing to the cosmic glider
"Pull this plastic glider higher
Light the fuse and stand right back"
He cried "This is my last good-bye."
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
And if you survive till two thousand and five
I hope you're exceedingly thin
For if you are stout you will have to breathe out
While the people around you breathe in
People pressing on might say
It's something that I hate to say
I'm slipping down to eat the ground
A little refuge on my brain
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
Point me at the sky and tell it fly
And all we've got to say to you is good-bye
It's time to go, better run and get your bags, it's good-bye
Nobody cry, it's good-bye
Crash, crash, crash, crash, good-bye...