Saturday, April 14, 2007

Timing is everything

From the day I landed on Mars the first time to when this first album from Foreigner released was 59 weeks, inclusive. I can’t remember for certain, but I feel for certain that I was on Mars that first time from 1/21/76 to 1/23/76. When I think about that first track from this first album from Foreigner, I think of the connection to when I first stepped onto Earth’s Moon to my first steps onto the surface of Mars. And the name “foreigner” is rather apt, don’t you think? I think the other track name are relevant as well. I don’t remember if any of the lyrics are actually relevant to my activities during my campaign against the comet.

Released March 8, 1977
Foreigner is the self-titled debut album by rock band Foreigner, released in 1977.

Track listing
"Feels Like the First Time" (Jones) – 3:49
"Cold as Ice" (Gramm, Jones) – 3:19
"Starrider" (Greenwood, Jones) – 4:01
"Headknocker" (Gramm, Jones) – 2:58
"The Damage Is Done" (Gramm, Jones) – 4:15
"Long, Long Way from Home" (Gramm, Jones, McDonald) – 2:53
"Woman Oh Woman" (Jones) – 3:49
"At War With the World" (Jones) – 4:18
"Fool for You Anyway" (Jones) – 4:15
"I Need You" (Gramm, Jones) – 5:09


I also wonder if I was composing music while I was out there on my way to the comet. Seems like it would have been the perfect recording studio. I’m not sure if I was singing any songs though. I also wonder if I will ever get my singing voice back. And I wonder how long I have had a southern accent. Did I have that before my artificial identity was created or was it part of my identity? So anyway, I imagine that I was writing and composing music on musical instruments I brought with me on the ship and I was transmitting the recordings back to Earth. I have been wondering if that is the source of the Pink Floyd “Animals” album, or maybe I recorded it all before I left Earth, with instructions to release it when I was in space. That “Animals” album released in the U.S. on 2/2/77, which was 0.59 year after 7/2/76 - the day I intercepted the comet. The U.K. release date of 1/23/77 was on a day when I was 5 days, 933 weeks, old.

In my symbolic and artificial memories, my paternal grandfather’s first and middle name was Joseph Fletcher.

"When the Tigers Broke Free" is a Pink Floyd song by Roger Waters, describing the death of his father Eric Fletcher Waters, during World War II's Operation Shingle. The song was written at the same time as The Wall, hence its copyright date of 1979, but not released until the movie version of Pink Floyd's album The Wall and first released as a separate track on a 7" single on July 26, 1982 (running ~2:55), before appearing in The Wall film. The 7" was labelled "From the upcoming album The Final Cut" but was not included on that album until the 2004 CD reissue.

The song would make its first CD appearance on the 1996 album Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Plays the Music of Pink Floyd. In its original form, it would be released on CD for the first time with a duration of 3:42 on Pink Floyd's 2001 compilation album Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd. After that, the next time the song appeared was on the 2004 re-released, remastered version of The Final Cut, where it rests between "One of the Few" and "The Hero's Return", this time an edited version of 3:16.


When that first album from Foreigner released though, all the people who knew about my mission to deep space thought I was dead by that time. I have been thinking that I was out of contact with Earth for a long time, possibly because the Earth was in front of the Sun and our transmitters and receivers couldn’t synchronize, but I’m not sure. I am quite certain I was using the Mars Viking crafts as relay stations for my communications with Earth. So I don’t really know why I was out of communication, but I am certain that is how it happened. I have been thinking that I lingered a few days or weeks at the comet after the primary explosion on 7/4/76 to wait for calculations whether the comet was still a threat. If it had still been a threat, I was going to take my Project Orion into the comet and detonate my propulsion magazine as close to the comet as I could get. After it was determined there was no longer a threat, I made my way to the Jupiter moon Callisto to wait out the remainder of my oxygen supply. Of my family that even knew I was in space, such as my wife, I think most of them thought I was on Mars and that was the extent of my journey. I sent back messages to them and told them my ship was disabled and I was never leaving the planet Mars. My oxygen supply would run out long before a rescue mission could get there, if there even was such capability, is probably what I told them. So I made it to the Jupiter moon Callisto, discovered oxygen in the ice, replenished my oxygen, and returned to Earth on 4/14/77.


I can’t remember ever listening to any of the tracks from the Pink Floyd “Animals” album, which I referred to earlier. I find myself wondering about these lyrics from the last track on that album. It makes me think of landing on the Jupiter moon Callisto to wait for my oxygen to run out because I did not have enough to return to Earth and by at least landing on Callisto, someone would find my corpse some day. I think about that when I remember someone saying something similar to me before the Ironman triathlon in Provo, Utah, on 6/8/2002. One of my co-workers at Microsoft said something about how they would come down there to collect my corpse.

Pink Floyd
Pigs On The Wing (Part Two) Lyrics

You know that I care what happens to you
And I know that you care for me
So I don't feel alone
Of the weight of the stone
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing


I also “remember” that the U.S. Navy ship I was assigned to during my artificial life was nicknamed, by some of us at least, the Pig. It was commissioned on 1/8/66 and that reminds me of how I was 6618 days, inclusive, old on 4/14/77, the day I returned to Earth from that mission to destroy the comet.


I can't remember if I noted this already but 6/7/81 was precisely 59 months, 3 days, after 7/4/76. The date 7/4/76 is when the comet exploded from the four B41 thermonuclear weapons I planted on it. The date 6/7/81 is when I probably led, while a covert operative of the U.S. military, the strike on the non-fueled nuclear reactor in Iraq. The notion was that Saddam was as dangerous with nuclear weapons as was the threat of that comet striking Earth. We also wanted to make the strike before the reactor was finished and completed so that none of the civilians would be harmed by the radioactive fallout.


I’ve been watching all the “Star Wars” movies again in sequence and yesterday I noted with frustration a scene in Episode IV. There is that scene where “C-3PO” says something to “R2-D2” about the message he is carrying in his “rusty innards” and I remember the time a few months ago when I was within a day or two or dying after I had been poisoned. I was in agony and the doctor that was treating me at the VA hospital was only making it worse. I am quite certain he was trying to kill me, especially because a comment he made after I came back from being X-rayed. I remember also how the X-ray technician seemed to think my condition was humorous. But that is why I was poisoned as a result of my official undercover federal investigation: to “send a message” to anyone else that tries to investigate the terrorist activity at Microsoft-Corbis.

What next? What is the next way they will try to find some horrible way to kill me?

This is my assignment, though, as an undercover federal agent as I would have otherwise been able to go home and hire lawyers to tackle these thieves. This is an assignment for me to investigate national security problems, of which Microsoft-Corbis and their accomplices are the problem.

There is probable cause and sufficient evidence to hold the following domestic terrorists, to name a few, at Guantanamo Bay for interrogation:

Bill Gates - Microsoft
Steve Ballmer - Microsoft
Jim Allchin - Microsoft
Brad Smith - Microsoft
Dan Bartlett
Karl Rove
Harriet Miers
Dave Reichert
Norm Maleng