Sunday, April 29, 2007

She owns everything I value

This all reminds me of that “The Simpsons” episode where “Apu” finds out it is time for him to marry his arranged bride. He tries to avoid the arranged marriage but then he meets her and she is incredibly beautiful.

I’m so confused.

The notion occurred to me the other day that I might be married to Phoebe Cates in my real life and I pounced on the idea as though someone had thrown food into my cage and I hadn’t eaten anything in weeks. I wake up and I realize that I have been assembling a million piece jigsaw puzzle that is large enough to fill the sky and all the jigs I have been assembling, while there are one less than a million of them, they only make up 1% of the picture and she is that one millionth jig with her image on it that makes up the other 99% of the puzzle.

I am going to feel quite lousy if it turns out we are not actually married in my real life.

I woke up also thinking again about who is a girl I dated named Melody Barber. She worked at the First Federal bank in Greenville, as did I and she quite beautiful. I remember writing about all this in journal a long time ago. I was writing about driving up to her house one time to take her out to dinner and I recalled details about her house and yard. I noted the boat in their driveway had “Barbers of Seville” on the stern and I was wondering if there was some special symbolism to that other than what it would mean if it had been a real memory. The notion is why would I even have such a memory? I was thinking about all that again a couple years ago when the Military Personnel Records center sent me copies of my DD-214 for my official federal undercover identity and the letter that was sent with it was signed Thomas R. Seville.