Thursday, April 26, 2007

Maybe you know what this means. Maybe you don’t.

thrive

To grow vigorously; flourish


Princeton University is a coeducational private university located in Princeton, New Jersey, in the United States of America.

Motto

Dei sub numine viget
(Under God's power she flourishes)



The current President of Princeton University is 1 year, 359 days, older than Thedia Newman. Thedia Newman Draper is the name of my mother in my official federal undercover identity.

From 9/17/1947 to 9/10/1948 is: 359 days

Shirley Marie Tilghman (born Shirley Marie Caldwell, September 17, 1946) was elected Princeton University’s first woman president on May 5, 2001, and assumed office on June 15, 2001.

A leader in the field of molecular biology, Tilghman served on the Princeton faculty for 15 years before being named president. She is renowned for her pioneering research in mammalian developmental genetics, her national leadership on behalf of women in science and promoting efforts to make the early careers of young scientists as meaningful and productive as possible.

I also find myself thinking that her last name is probably pronounced the same as Pat Tillman's last name.

Her predecessor at Princeton University was 41 years, 3 weeks, 3 days, old on 7/2/1976. That date 7/2/1976 is the date I recognize as when I intercepted the comet somewhere in the outer solar system. After I got there, I planted 4-B41 thermonuclear bombs on the comet and the comet exploded on 7/4/1976. The thought occurs to me now that I should say that while these events include symbolic elements, the event I describe represent literal events. For example, the timing of the events feature symbolic elements, but the events I describe actually happened. It is frustrating that I cannot actually remember going to that comet and exploding it, but I am quite certain it really happened and that I will soon remember it all again.

From 6/8/1976 to 7/2/1976 is: 24 days, or 3 weeks and 3 days

Harold Tafler Shapiro, Ph.D (born June 8, 1935) is a former president of Princeton University and of the University of Michigan.

Born in Montreal, Quebec and trained as an economist, Shapiro earned his B.Comm from McGill University and his Ph.D from Princeton University's economics department in 1964. He joined the faculty of the University of Michigan that same year and held a variety of academic and administrative appointments until his selection as President of that University in 1980, a position he held until he was called to Princeton in 1988. As Princeton's president, he oversaw the largest increase in the University endowment in the history of the school.



Harold T. Shapiro
1988–2001

Harold Tafler Shapiro, an alumnus of Princeton’s Graduate School, came to Princeton from the University of Michigan, where he had been president for eight years.

Shapiro returned to Princeton as its president in 1988. Under his leadership, Princeton celebrated its 250th anniversary, expanded its motto (at his initiative) from “Princeton in the Nation’s Service” to “Princeton in the Nation’s Service and in the Service of All Nations,” and completed the most successful fund-raising campaign in its history, raising a total of $1.14 billion. During his tenure, the University’s endowment quadrupled from approximately $2 billion to more than $8 billion.


This is an interesting observation. I noted that I was 6088 days old when I launched on my mission to the outer solar system. That is also the time span from the day I recognize as my first day at Princeton University and the day HMS Sheffield of the Royal Navy was hit by missiles because I was on board. I have been thinking that I was onboard the HMS Sheffield that day because I am directly related to the crown royals of Britain, although I don’t consciously remember any of that.

From 3/3/1959 to 11/2/1975 is: 6088 days
From 9/2/1965 to 5/4/1982 is: 6088 days


I have been thinking that Tracie Rhodes, the woman I was married to in my artificial and symbolic memories, is a composite character of two women that I was in love with at different times. One is Julia Roberts. Before her was Phoebe Cates. I think I combined details of both into the woman I “remember” marrying in my symbolic and artificial memories, although the woman I “remember“ was nothing as grand as those two.

I didn’t fully understand this until after I wrote the part of about the ‘disconnected’ symbolism in my last post, but I believe that is precisely what it means. There is characteristic of Helen Hunt’s birthday that actually creates a kind of disconnected symbolism and I thought it was kind of spooky after I realized what I had written. The difference between my birthday and Helen Hunt’s birthday is the same difference as Phoebe Cates and Julia Roberts birthday. There is a 31 day difference, or disconnect, between Helen Hunt’s birthday and Phoebe Cates birthday. I think this is one of those methods I wrote of where we look for something logical but yet still hard to program software to decode. This particular detail about the relationship of their birthdays reflects that Helen Hunt represents my feelings for both of those women and the regret……something else I can’t quite articulate. But that is what that detail represents: the character Helen Hunt portrays reflects my feelings for those two women at different points in my life.

My birthday to Helen Hunt's birthday is 1565 days.
From 3/3/1959 to 6/15/1963 is: 1565 days

Phoebe Cates birthday to Julia Roberts birthday is also 1565 days.
From 7/16/1963 to 10/28/1967 is: 1565 days

I wonder if she is Michael's girlfriend that I "remember" wailing at his funeral. I can't remember her name. But, as I recall, they had broken up sometime before and he was dating someone else when he died. I think her name was Bethany but we all still thought of that other girl as his girlfriend.

Michael was my step-brother in my artificial memories that I “remember” being killed when he wrecked his pickup truck the night of 11/25/1986. In my symbolic memories, which are probably literal on this point, I “remember” feeling a lot of guilt over his death. I “remember” that if I had driven that night, he probably wouldn’t have been killed. That probably represents something about how I was not the pilot of that aircraft that night we were shot down and that I normally was a pilot.

I can still visualize sitting there in the funeral home with the rest of the family as friends passed by his coffin before the family did. I can still visualize her not wanting to be led away the two or three people that were trying to lead her away as she was sobbing.

I found myself thinking about how Phoebe Cates starred in a movie in 1987 titled, “Date With An Angel.” The movie premiered on a Friday, as most movies do, and the previous day, a Thursday, was 359 days after 11/25/1986, the day I recognize as when my family had a funeral for me because I had been missing for a long time in Africa. By the time that movie came out though, I had already made it back home and my family and friends knew I was alive. I am thinking that Helen Hunt’s character, in terms of contextual symbolism, represents Phoebe Cates, although, Phoebe and I hadn’t been seeing each other for a long time. I was married to someone else before I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire on 2/14/1986. By the time I got back on 5/13/1987, my wife had gotten a divorce because she thought I was dead and eventually remarried. I think I "remember" all that in terms of a girlfriend named Amanda. I think she represents my wife when I was missing in Africa. She waited a long time but then finally moved on with her life, as she should have.

I keep wanting to say I told Julia what really happened to me in Africa in 1986 and 1987, but yet, I also want to say that I never did tell her. With these thoughts, I also "remember" a Valentines Day when I was dating Tracie. I had been sitting there in my Wexford apartment in the living room in the dark and I must have been very depressed. I "remember" that Tracie drove over to my apartment and she was angry because I hadn't called her that day. She was saying something about how she expected better from me.

I am thinking that artificial memory of Tracie being angry at me actually represents Valentines Day of 1988 and I was depressed because I was remembering that day two years earlier. I might have had trouble back in those talking about things that were bothering me. And I probably wouldn’t talk about those events anyway, no matter how much I cared about her.

I have been thinking that Phoebe Cates is represented in my memory by a woman named Phyllis. She was the girlfriend of my best friend when I was on the USS Wainwright CG-28 in Charleston, South Carolina. I have often thought of how similar in appearance was that friend, Jim Shea, to Mel Gibson. He also resembled the photos I have seen of Senator John McCain when he was younger. So, Jim Shea, in my symbolic and artificial memories, was from Hollywood, Florida, and he had a beautiful girlfriend named Phyllis and I thought he was stupid for breaking up with her. I “remember” she gave me a nice hug the last time I saw her. After they broke up, Jim started dating a woman named Julie. We would all go out on the town a lot as a group of friends. I “remember” that Julie was there to drive me home from the hospital. She brought a pizza to me when I was in the hospital, but I was knocked out from medication. I “remember” one of the other guys in my room said he was glad they moved me into his hospital room because I had so many good looking women coming in to visit me.