Sunday, April 08, 2007

"They say I'm crazy but I have a good time"

As those people secretly listening to us with microphones in the elevator, that is what I said to that guy in response to a comment he made to me:

"I have accountants pay for it all"


Life's Been Good
Joe Walsh

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all
They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far
My Maserati does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't drive
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked
I make hit records, my fans they can't wait
They write me letters, tell me I'm great
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall
Just leave a message, maybe I'll call
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody say “I'm cool”......”He's cool”)
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far
I go to parties, sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed
They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time
(Everybody say “Oh, yeah”..... “Oh, yeah”)
I keep on goin’ guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far
Yeah, yeah, yeah



I have been wondering if I would get any clues about when I started the U.S. Naval Academy, as I still don’t consciously remember that detail. Maybe this album reflects that I was starting at the U.S.N.A. around that time. The part about losing the license to drive may be a clever reference to how “Speed Racer” was connected to me years earlier. There is also something very familiar - in terms of my cover identity - about the Maserati and that can’t be a coincidence. One day at the First Federal bank, someone commented that my Mazda RX-7 was a Maserati and I explained that it wasn’t.

I don’t consciously remember if I started the USNA on August 12, 1978, but that is one of the dates used to connect to my identity. August 12th was also the day that the IBM PC would debut 3 years later in 1981. August 12th is 5 months, 9 days, after my March 3rd birthday.

Released 12 August 1978
Recorded May 1978

"But Seriously Folks..." is the fourth studio album by Joe Walsh, released in 1978 (see 1978 in music). It captures a reflective song cycle along the same thematic lines of Pet Sounds, only for the '70s.



As part of my undercover identity, I have very clear "memories" of sitting in that bar in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf with Mark Mogge as the band lip-synched this song. I "remember" also another time in that same bar, some guy we were talking to wanted our mailing addresses for some reason. I thought about that several times over the past few years and I eventually reached the conclusion that people overseas were doing that so they could use it on a guest visa to get into the U.S. I "remember" that Mogge wrote down that his mailing address was the Hotel California, as a joke and because he wasn't going to give him his real address. Mogge was from California, although I can't remember which part. Every time I see a photo on the internet of Captain Terry Kraft, the Commanding Officer of USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76, I think of Mark Mogge. I can’t remember for certain, but I think Captain Kraft was a friend of mine when we attended the U.S. Naval Academy, as he graduated, according to sources, in 1981 and I graduated in 1982. We probably served together later in the fleet. From what I read in his bio, he was part of the USN air crew that bombed Libya in 1986, which most certainly led to my escape from being held as a POW and then my long trek across Africa.

I wrote about "Hotel California" in my journal a long time ago; something about how Evangeline Lilly's character on "Lost" reminds me of that song. And if she thinks I can't go home because of them, then she has it all wrong. I can't go home because I haven't won yet against the criminals that have targeted us. If I was sent into this fight, then it is quite important we win. That is really the issue at hand - if I personally was sent into the fight, then it is quite important to win. You have no idea what that sociopath and war criminal at Microsoft-Corbis and his accomplices are capable of. Anyone associated with me - my family, friends, employees - are all at risk from those sociopaths at Microsoft-Corbis. A good example of their accomplice is George W. Bush nominating Bernad Kerik. George W. Bush, as with Dave Reichert locally, care nothing about justice and law, unless you buy it from them. It is basically the reason I was sent into Microsoft with my memory suppressed and with a new identity. These people controlling Microsoft-Corbis, as well as their accomplices in the Bush family, are the worst of the worst.

Released December 8, 1976
Recorded March-October 1976
...
Hotel California was the Eagles' fifth album of original material and became a major commercial hit; since its release in late 1976, it has sold over 16 million copies in the U.S. alone, and is considered their best-selling album of original material. The album was at #1 for eight weeks between late 1976 and early 1977 (non-consecutively), and included two tracks which became #1 hits as singles on the Billboard Hot 100: "New Kid in Town", on February 26, 1977, and "Hotel California" on May 7, 1977.


The 12/8/76 release date for the album "Hotel California" was 5 days, 9 months, after 3/3/76, my 17th birthday. I would spend my entire 17th year in deep space. The single "Hotel California" released on 2/22/77.

From 7/2/1976 to 2/22/1977 is: 235 days, or
33 weeks and 4 days

"Hotel California" was the title song from the Eagles' album of the same name, and was released as a single in early 1977. It is one of the best-known songs of the Album Oriented Rock era. Writing credits for the song are shared by Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Don Felder.

Released February 22, 1977

The 33 weeks, 4 days, could have been used to created a 33.59 weeks connection to 7/2/76, as that is the day I arrived at the comet. The “3-3-4” shows up in other places, and it could be actually reflect that my American mother knows my birthday as 3/3 and my English father knows my birthday as March 4th. I think I was born in Hawaii on March 3, 1959, but it was March 4, 1959 in England, at the time of my birth.

I have pointed out that there were 334 days between the attack on the USS Cole DDG-67 and the World Trade Center/Pentagon attacks of 9/11/2001. In the year 2001, Microsoft arranged to have my salary in the 59 thousand range, and also they released that C-sharp programming language, which has a standards designation of -334. Essentially, Microsoft is trying to hide their criminal activities in with my work and the work of my associates. They are doing it as part of their scheme to extort my intellectual property rights.

What they have been doing is committing crimes they would later try to use against us. For example, if we brought them before a judge and jury and pointed out such details as how the Microsoft campus is constructed around 33 and 59, they would try to spring Joseph Duncan on us. I noted that Joseph Duncan was 3 years, 359 days, younger than I. He murdered that entire family in Idaho near where I had lived after quitting Microsoft. There was also that “Joseph Idaho” character in “Dune.” Joseph Duncan murdered that entire family and only let one of them live. The survivor was a child named Shasta and I noted that ship USS Shasta AE-33.

What Microsoft-Corbis did there, by having Duncan murder that family wasn’t dissimilar to what was happening to me while I worked undercover at Microsoft. I remember that woman who resembled the character Linda Hamilton portrayed in “The Terminator.” Her character’s name was “Sarah Connor” and the story in that first movie revolved around her unborn son, “John Connor.” Around the time Microsoft had me sitting next to that look-alike, while I was undercover and working at Microsoft, they named John Connor as the Chief Financial Officer of Microsoft. Microsoft-Corbis was secretly recording all that on video and some day in the future, during their defense trial, they were going to start releasing videos to the internet using that stock footage in a fashion similar to the well-known spoof videos they show Microsoft employees. And that is just one example. I was there for over 5 years and they also had hidden recording devices in my apartments and everywhere else I went. The “Sarah Connor” look-alike quit Microsoft at some point and I am quite sure she quit because she knew that Microsoft was engaged in some kind of treachery around me. I am not sure if I was supposed to attack that woman in the cube next to me, or if I was supposed to ask her out on a date. I saw her in the QFC supermarket in Redmond some years later and I said hello to her.


As for “Hotel California,“ the song lyrics could represent the thinking at the time that I was never going to leave the Jupiter moon Callisto - a Hotel Callisto, of sorts. I can’t consciously remember all the details yet, but some time after I left Mars on 1/23/76, I hit a meteor shower and lost a lot of my oxygen store. The ground control told me to return to Earth for repairs because the comet was still far out in the solar system and there would have been time to repair my ship and go out again. The thinking was that I would just have to blow it up a lot closer to Earth. I rejected that order and continued to intercept the comet on schedule, although my flight was a one-way trip at that point. I could have stayed on the comet and been vaporized with it. As it turned out, though, the comet wasn’t vaporized as we thought it would be and instead was only shattered into large pieces, but fortunately, I had hit the comet far enough out that it was deflected enough to avoid Earth. I had enough oxygen left to make it to my scheduled visit to the Jupiter moon Callisto, where I thought they would find my corpse in a few hundred years. I might have transmitted a message back to Earth that I was going to open my cabin to zero pressure and get it over with instead of suffocating. I think my wife was yelling at ground control to “call him back” when she found out and they told her that because of the delay, I was probably already dead. I was able to produce oxygen from the ice though and produced enough to make it back to Earth.

"Hotel California" was the title song from the Eagles' album of the same name, and was released as a single in early 1977. It is one of the best-known songs of the Album Oriented Rock era. Writing credits for the song are shared by Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Don Felder.

The lyrics of the song describe the title establishment, a hotel where "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave". On the surface, the song is a tale of a weary traveler who becomes trapped in a nightmarish hotel that at first appeared tempting; as a metaphor the song may be commenting on drug addiction or simply the decadent lifestyle the hugely successful band had been caught up in. Another theory is that the song is about a mental hospital or a federal prison. The expression "check out" is also considered a euphemism for suicide.


EAGLES LYRICS

"Hotel California"

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes Benz
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'




That card in “Cast Away” was for “Johnny” on his birthday from his grandfather. I imagine that Ronald Reagan would say to me that the world was beautiful because it is still here. In my undercover identity of Kerry Burgess, my 10th birthday was the day that in real life I launched as a 16 year old to intercept the comet. I imagine that “Johnny” is supposed to connect to me as “Jonny Quest” who was 10 years old in that first series from the 60’s.