Friday, December 23, 2011

Dr. Gaius Baltar




http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek/by-any-other-name-24934/trivia/

tv.com


Star Trek

By Any Other Name

Season 2, Episode 22, Aired 2/23/68


Quotes


Kirk: (while fighting with Rojan) You thought I was taking your woman away from you. You're jealous! You tried to kill me with your bare hands. Would a Kelvan do that? Would he have to? You're reacting with the emotions of a human. You are a human!

Rojan: No, I cannot be!










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Six: I have to go. I'm meeting someone.

Baltar: Really? Who is he? I'm insanely jealous.

Six: I doubt that.

Baltar: So touchy today. Well, as a matter of fact, I'm meeting someone too. Business. A new project at Defense I might do. So, uh... (kisses her on the cheek) You'll call me later, right?

(He walks away. Six looks up.)

Six: It's about time. Wondered when you'd get here.

(On Galactica. We cut to a museum display of a Cylon Centurion










From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) is 843 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/23/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"By Any Other Name" ) is 843 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 7225 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/14/1985 ( premiere US film "Key Exchange" ) is 7225 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time period ) is 11662 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/7/1997 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the proceedings to redesignate the United States Washington National Airport ) is 11662 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time period ) is 11662 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/7/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Frontline"::"Once Upon a Time in Arkansas" ) is 11662 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 3/3/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future I arrived this date near the town of George in Washington State and the Ancient Lake and then as arranged earlier I resided in Bellevue Washington until my 9 May 2003 departure as a time traveler for another time period ) is 11595 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/1/1997 ( Boeing Corporation completes the merger with the McDonnell Douglas Corporation ) is 11595 days



From 2/3/1934 ( premiere US film "I've Got Your Number" ) To 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) is 13635 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/3/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future I arrived this date near the town of George in Washington State and the Ancient Lake and then as arranged earlier I resided in Bellevue Washington until my 9 May 2003 departure as a time traveler for another time period ) is 13635 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 11/18/1996 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 9299 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/19/1991 ( premiere US film "Drop Dead Fred" ) is 9299 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) is 3346 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/31/1974 ( the United States of America Privacy Act of 1974 - United States Public law 93-579 ) is 3346 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 9/19/1994 ( premiere US TV series "ER"::series premiere episode "24 Hours" ) is 8508 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/17/1989 ( premiere US film "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" ) is 8508 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 12/4/1985 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Back to the Future" & premiere US film "The Jewel of the Nile" & premiere US film "Young Sherlock Holmes" ) is 5297 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/4/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "Galactica 1980"::series finale episode "The Return of Starbuck" ) is 5297 days



From 3/16/1961 ( premiere US film "The AbsentMinded Professor" ) To 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) is 3732 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/21/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Mars and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) is 3732 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel ) is 10048 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/7/1993 ( premiere US film "Dave" ) is 10048 days



From 6/4/1971 ( James Callis ) To 8/9/1985 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Microsoft headquarters groundbreaking in Redmond Washington & premiere US film "My Science Project" ) is 5180 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/8/1980 ( John W. Mauchly - deceased ) is 5180 days





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0130536/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

James Callis

Date of Birth

4 June 1971, London, England, UK










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


(Back in the main area of the ship)

Roslin: ...I really appreciate it, thank you so much. Oh, Dr. Baltar. It's a pleasure to meet you. We met at last year's Caprica City Symposium.

Baltar: Oh, of course. You'll have to forgive me, I'm bad with faces.

Roslin: Oh, no, that's perfectly all right. I'm sure I wouldn't remember me either. Doctor, I need you to serve as my chief scientific consultant and analyst, regarding the Cylons and their technology.

Baltar: I'd be honored, Madame President.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_propaganda

Wikipedia


Nazi propaganda


Propaganda, the coordinated attempt to influence public opinion through the use of media, was skillfully used by the Nazi Party in the years leading up to and during Adolf Hitler's leadership of Germany (1933–1945). Nazi propaganda provided a crucial instrument for acquiring and maintaining power, and for the implementation of their policies, including the pursuit of total war and the extermination of millions of people in the Holocaust.


As to the methods to be employed, he explains:

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side.










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


(Baltar's house. Six is sitting in a chair in his bedroom.)

Six: Gaius. (waits) Gaius!

(Gaius is in bed with another woman. They sit up, confused.)

Baltar: What are you doing here?

Woman: Who the hell are you?

Six: Get out.

Woman: Gaius, who is this woman?

Baltar: She, she, she's a friend. Well, more than a friend, when I say friend-

Six: Get. Out.

Woman: This is just great. (She gets out.)

Baltar: Bye. (door slams) Look, it's, it's me, all right? (He gets up and starts pulling on clothes.) It's, it's, it's totally me, I, uh, I screwed up. I am screwed up. I always have been, it's a, uh, it's a flaw in my character that I have... I've always hated, and I've tried to overcome-

Six: Spare me your famed self-awareness and remorse. I came here because I have something to tell you.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089411/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Key Exchange (1985)

Country Date

USA 14 August 1985



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089411

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Key Exchange (1985)


A young woman wants to get her boyfriend to commit to her, but the most she can get him to do is exchange apartment keys.


Release Date: 14 August 1985 (USA)



http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/80160/Key-Exchange/misc-notes.html

TCM


Key Exchange (1985)


Released in United States August 14, 1985










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_exchange

Wikipedia


Key exchange


Key exchange (also known as "key establishment") is any method in cryptography by which cryptographic keys are exchanged between users, allowing use of a cryptographic algorithm.

If Alice and Bob wish to exchange encrypted messages, each must be equipped to encrypt messages to be sent and decrypt messages received. The nature of the equipping they require depends on the encryption technique they might use. If they use a code, both will require a copy of the same codebook. If they use a cipher, they will need appropriate keys. If the cipher is a symmetric key cipher, both will need a copy of the same key. If an asymmetric key cipher with the public/private key property, both will need the other's public key.










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


(Back to Caprica City)

Baltar: (Walking outdoors with Number Six) It may interest you to know that the final results of the CMP project are working close to 95% efficiency throughout the fleet. Hold your applause, please.

Six: No applause for me? I doubt you would have ever completed the project without me.

Baltar: Yes, well, you helped a bit.

Six: I rewrote half your algorithms.

Baltar: All right, you were extremely helpful, but let's not forget, you got something out of it. All that poking around inside the defense mainframe. Should give you a huge advantage bidding for the contract next year.

Six: You know that's not really why I did it.

Baltar: No, you did it cause you love me.

Six: That, and God wanted me to help you.

Baltar: Right, he spoke to you, did he? You had a chat?

Six: He didn't speak to me in a literal voice, and you don't have to mock my faith.

Baltar: Sorry. I'm just not very religious.

Six: Does it bother you that I am?

Baltar: It puzzles me that an intelligent and attractive woman such as yourself should be taken in by all that mysticism and superstition. But, I'm willing to overlook it on account of your other attributes. (They both smile. He tries to kiss her, but she pulls away.)

Six: I have to go. I'm meeting someone.

Baltar: Really? Who is he? I'm insanely jealous.

Six: I doubt that.

Baltar: So touchy today. Well, as a matter of fact, I'm meeting someone too. Business. A new project at Defense I might do. So, uh... (kisses her on the cheek) You'll call me later, right?

(He walks away. Six looks up.)

Six: It's about time. Wondered when you'd get here.










http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/History/The-History-of-Microsoft-1985


The History of Microsoft - 1985


There's some great footage of the 1985 Roast in this episode.


August 9, 1985

Microsoft announces that Wright Runstad & Company breaks ground today on a new Microsoft World Headquarters in Redmond scheduled for completion by mid-1986. The $25 million facility will be located in the southeast quadrant of Evergreen Place Office Park, in a heavily wooded, 29-acre campus setting.










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


(Colonial One - Baltar is alone, with paperwork spread out before him)

Six: I see they've put you to work. (He looks over, sees her sitting next to him.) Ignoring me won't help.

Baltar: No, I've decided you're an expression of my, uh, subconscious mind playing itself out through my waking states.

Six: Oh, I'm only in your head?

Baltar: Exactly.

Six: Hmm. Have you considered the possibility that I could very well exist *only* in your head? Without being a hallucination? Maybe you see and hear me, because while you were sleeping, I implanted a chip in your brain that transmits my image right into your conscious mind.

Baltar: No, no, see that's me again. My subconscious self is expressing irrational fears, which I must choose to ignore.

Six: (moving closer to him) What are you working on?

Baltar: If you were really a chip in my head, I wouldn't have to tell you, now would I?

Six: Indulge me.

Baltar: I'm trying to figure out how you managed to pull this kind of an attack. You virtually shut down the entire defense network without firing a shot. Entire squadrons lost power just as they engaged the enemy. The CMP's a navigation program, but you, uh, you made changes to the programs that you were building in, backdoors for your company to exploit later.

Six: All true, in a sense.

Baltar: That was your job.

Six: Officially. Unofficially, I had other motives. We had something, Gaius. Something... special.

Baltar: This is insane.

Six: And what I want most of all is for you to love me.

Baltar: Love you?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1239323/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Plot Summary for

"Battlestar Galactica"

Sometimes a Great Notion (2009)


Extensive testing reveals what Adama and the entire fleet had feared since their arrival at Earth - the planet is uninhabitable with lingering radiations still evident in the soil and water from a battle that took place some 2000 years before. Testing of bones they've found also reveal that the inhabitants were not human. Colonel Tigh, Sam Anders, Galen Tyrol and Tory Foster all have flashbacks to when they lived on the planet. Meanwhile, Starbuck and Leoben Conoy set off to find the signal that guided them to the planet. She finds a crashed Viper but neither she nor Leoben are prepared for what they find inside. A pall descends over the Colonial fleet when they learn the planet is uninhabitable. Fights are breaking out everywhere with divisions and old hatreds - especially against the Cylons - coming out yet again. President Roslin is nearly catatonic blaming herself for leading the fleet on a failed mission. For one of the Cylons and one member of the crew it's all too much.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1065454/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Tricia Helfer

Date of Birth

11 April 1974, Donalda, Alberta, Canada

Birth Name

Tricia Janine Helfer










2003 television miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Helo: Hey. Aren't you Gaius Baltar?

Gaius Baltar: I haven't done anything.