Friday, December 30, 2011

Why does this matter? I don't know. I just wanted to post it.




Very recently this evening I have started thinking again that the incident described below is relevant to me personally. I have been thinking that incident is either the precise incident I was in or I was a very similar incident. I started thinking that was something that happened because I was trained in 1990 and later as a United States Navy Flight Officer and I was trained specifically on the US Navy F-14 Tomcat fighter jet aircraft, despite being a warrant officer of the United States Marine Corps and training for a role delegated typically only to serving line officers of the United States Navy, and I was also highly qualified on other platforms of the United States military.

I think what I endure now in this state is to - what - tease me. Tease me with the effects of surviving in 1989.

But how that can be. I ask myself that often lately. Why is it that way. "Tease me"? What the hell does that mean? If I survived and then gained those powers then I was already capable of those powers. Can those powers only be available during situations involving death? I specifically do not believe that is true. I have specific thoughts about why I do not believe that is true. I think specifically, recently seemingly, of how I would transfer a person using my ultraspace technology. I think of how that experience would be experienced by the person I am transferring. I am a bus driver, in essence, I think now as I write this sentence.

Well, anyway, the point of this note was to record thoughts I have had and that I want to have that I was qualified as United States Navy flight officer in the 1990's and considering how the film "The Last Boy Scout" from December 1991 is a message from pansy's who can only win against me very temporarily by attacking me when I am not looking and of how that film from 1991 features a human being chopped up by the rotor blades of a helicopter then I think a lot of that incident described below from the USS Forrestal CV 59. I consistently think in my case, because of the parachute scenes in the 1996 film "Independence Day" and the parachute scene in the 1996 film "Broken Arrow" that I landed on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier after our ejection during the failed launch and that I was close to being dragged by my parachute over the aft edge of the flight deck of the aircraft carrier.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:04 AM Saturday, June 30, 2007


http://www.ejectionsite.com/estories.htm

Broken Launch Bar Linkage

The USS Forrestal (CV-59) was on its last operational cruise in the Med in 1990. We were conducting night flight ops off the coast of Turkey in support of Operation Provide Comfort. I had just shutdown my aircraft and was walking across the flight deck when the sound of snapping metal amidst a Tomcat launch off the port waist cat caught my attention. I turned to see the F-14 sliding sideways towards the edge of the flight deck. Apparently a component of the launch bar had snapped midway through the catapult stroke sequence, giving the Tomcat only a gentle push (approx. 20-30 knots) instead of the huge kick in the butt required to get the aircraft up to flying speed. The pilot had immediately realized something was wrong, and in a split second reacted to attempt to hit the brakes and stop prior to falling off the edge into the ocean 80 feet below. As they approached the edge, a tire blew sending the F-14 sliding sideways, and the pilot judged they wouldn't stop in time and initiated ejection. As the pilot and RIO rode the seat rails up into the night, one of the F-14s main landing gear jumped the deck edge rail but miraculously stuck just over the edge, and the aircraft remained perched precariously partially over the deck edge. The RIO was soon sighted landing further aft on the flight deck, and although he received some bumps, bruises and scrapes from his ejection and rough landing on the flight deck, he was was happy to walk away from it with a good story to tell that night over midrats. Meanwhile, a full scale search was underway for the pilot. The airborne SAR helicopter had witnessed the ejection and was on the scene so rapidly that the image of the RIO floating down in his parachute canopy nearly filled their windscreen as they whipped across the fantail. They quickly set up for an approach to the datum, and commenced a hover search. Flight operations were suspended and all airborne aircraft were given instructions to hold overhead (or expeditiously recovered if low on fuel). Fifteen minutes later there was still no sign of the pilot. As the search proceeded with additional helicopters and ships in the area, the flight deck began to quiet down. An alert deck hand thought he heard a faint cry for help, but didn't see anything over the deck edge. The sound of yelling for help persisted, and suddenly the deck hand looked up, and with the aid of his flashlight, was able to make out the shape of the pilot hanging from his parachute 100 feet above him in the radio antennaes and masts at the top of the carrier's superstructure. Although the recovery of the pilot took an additional half hour, he was recovered uninjured.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 June 2007 excerpt ends ]