Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Selective illiteracy in the United States.




1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

01:31:11


Captain James T. Kirk: Antonia. What are you talking about? The future? This is the past. This is nine years ago. The day I told her I was going back to Starfleet.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD2.html


Star Trek Generations [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Antonia.
What are you talking about?|The future?
This is the past. Nine years ago.
The day I told her|I was going back to Starfleet.
Ktarian eggs, her favourite. I was|preparing them to soften the blow.
I know how real this must seem|to you. But it's not.
This isn't really your house. We're|caught up in some temporal nexus.
Dill. Dill weed.|In the cabinet, second shelf to the left.
Behind the oregano.
- How long have you been here?|- I don't know.
I was aboard the Enterprise-B in|the deflector control room ... Stir these.
The bulkhead disappeared and then I|found myself out there chopping wood -
- right before you walked up|Thanks.
Look, history records -
- that you died saving the Enterprise-B|from an energy ribbon 80 years ago.
This is the 24th century?.
- And I'm dead?|- No, this is some kind of ...
... temporal nexus.|Something is missing.
I need your help.|Leave the nexus with me.
We have to go back to Veridian 3|and stop a man called Soran -
- from destroying a star.|Millions of lives are at stake.
History considers me dead.|Who am I to argue with history?.
- You have a duty as a Starfleet officer!|- Don't lecture me.
I saved the galaxy|when your grandfather was in diapers.
Besides,|I think the galaxy owes me one.
All right ...
I was like you once. Completely|blinded by duty and obligation.
And what did it get me?|An empty house.
Not this time.
This time I'm going to march|into that bedroom -
- and tell Antonia I want to marry her.|This time it's going to be different.










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:

00:53:11


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Ruby. This is not a good time.

Ruby: It's never the time for us, is it, Dix? Always some excuse - some case you're working on.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I have to talk to Nicky. I'll see you later.

Ruby: Okay, but watch your caboose. And dump the broad.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD1.html


Star Trek Generations


But ... I never had a home like this.
Nor a wife and children.|But these are all mine.
What are you doing here? I thought|you were aboard the Enterprise.
I am. I'm also here. Think of me|as an echo of the person you know.
- A part of herself she left behind.|- When the Enterprise-B saved you ...
- Help me build my castle.|- I will in a few minutes.
Papa, thank you for the dolly.|She's very beautiful.
These are my children ...|These are my children!
Of course. Time has no meaning here.|You can go back and see them born, -
- or go forward|and see your grandchildren.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD1.html


Star Trek Generations [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Data. That was not funny.
All hands, make sail. T'gansuls|and courses, stand by the braces.
Will.
Just imagine what it was like.|No engines, no computers.
Just the wind and the sea|and the stars to guide you.
- Bad food, brutal discipline, no women.|- Bridge to Captain Picard.
- A personal message from Earth.|- Put it through down here.
The best thing was that no one could|reach you. This was freedom, Will.
Computer, arch.
Look alive there.