Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Gun (1986)




Watching now the DVD for the 1986 film "Top Gun" having decided to not watch the ending for the DVD for the 1995 film "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory" I have paused the "Top Gun" DVD for that first bar scene.

The reason I paused the DVD is because of the profile of the woman talking to "Ice Man." Her appearance is just about identical, to me, to Diana Spencer, from how I recall photos of her in that time.

I always notice the beginning of that scene because the woman with the cigar is sitting there and her profile makes me think of the actress who portrays the lead female character in the 1982 film "An Officer and A Gentleman."

I remember seeing that film "Top Gun" in the theatre when it premiered in 1986 because I went there with Diane and I have been thinking lately about all I wrote about how I remember that her birthdate is 2 September 1965. I have been thinking also about how I got a lot of telephone numbers from women in that particular bar and I have been trying to remember the specifics about why I began an exclusive relationship with her. Lately I have been thinking - a lot - about how my grandmother does not necessarily distrust my particular girlfriends but how she distrusts my ability to select a trustworthy girlfriend. At some point, at the very beginning I suppose, I understood her point. Should not a woman she could trust be a woman of true virtue?

This morning, I think was this morning, I awoke thinking of how in my younger years I did not really give much thought to the sequence number on the ticket stub a woman gave to me but for a while I have been thinking that my grandmother is the decider and I think she just wants to believe that there are other women out there who could feel the same kind of commitment she has for her husband and so I guess I understand that.

I put a considerable amount of time into this note and I wanted to work on it more but I also want to continue watching the DVD.










From 6/21/1982 ( Prince William the Duke of Cambridge ) To 5/12/1986 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Top Gun" ) is 1421 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/23/1969 ( premiere US TV series "Marcus Welby, M.D." ) is 1421 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Top Gun (1986)

USA 12 May 1986 (New York City, New York) (premiere)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Top_Gun.html


Top Gun


You!
You are still dangerous.
But you can be my wingman anytime.
Bullshit. You can be mine.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0641898/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"Marcus Welby, M.D."

Hello, Goodbye, Hello (1969)

Country Date

USA 23 September 1969



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0641898

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Marcus Welby, M.D. (TV series 1969–1976)

Hello, Goodbye, Hello (#1.1)


Robert Young ... Dr. Marcus Welby
James Brolin ... Dr. Steven Kiley


Release Date: 23 September 1969 (USA)










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Top_Gun/cap/en/25fps/a/00_12

Top Gun [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


:12:53
[ Cougar, you should be in sickbay ](DVD)

- What's on your mind?

- My wife and kid, sir.

:12:58
I almost orphaned him today.
I've never even seen him.

:13:03
- I was so scared.
- We've seen this before.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Top_Gun.html


Top Gun


I'd be happy to find a girl|who'd talk dirty to me.
You wanted to know who the best is?|That's him. Iceman.
He flies ice-cold. No mistakes.
Wears you down. You get bored,|do something stupid, and he's got you.