Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Zombies




A few hours ago, earlier today 20 December 2011, I had a dream that as best I recall is the first time I can consciously recall having a dream that had cannibalistic zombies in the dream. I don't think I have ever had an actual dream that actually featured literal flesh-eating zombies in the dream. I mean, it's just a matter of time, right? As much as I write about zombies you would think I would have more dreams about them. But nope, that dream earlier today is the only actual dream I can now recall as I sit here at my desk writing about it.

The dream was situated in some kind of medium-duty industrial area not unlike the freight warehouses I saw down in Kent Washington State when I recently returned my cable television box to the Comcast company.

The dream didn't last too long and I think it had some details leading up it that I now do not recall. I woke up from the dream but then I went back to sleep for a while and had several other dreams and I think the next dream was a dream where I was swimming across a kind of semi-stagnant river or pond and I noticed with alarm that an object in the water closing on me and that was closer to me than I was to the dock on the other side was an alligator. I woke right up from that dream at that point. I went back to sleep for a while and had other very vivid dreams that did not have any real distressing elements to them that I can now recall.

So anyway, the zombies and the warehouses. The part I can now recall is that several of us were using those warehouses for refuge from cannibalistic zombies that were running amok outside. I knew in the dream that we had an encouraging level of food in our refuge but I was feeling discouraged about that detail because I was under no illusion about how long that food supply would last.

So to make a long story short, I discovered somewhere in our refuge a real NASA spacesuit and I was talking to some other people about how I could wear that spacesuit outside to kill the zombies and that spacesuit would offer me protection against the zombies because the material of the spacesuit was so dense that they couldn't bite through it.

The next I can now recall is that I was outside of our warehouse refuge and I was wearing that NASA spacesuit and I felt secure in that spacesuit and I was going out with a crowbar and I was going to smash the heads of those zombies with that crowbar.

The first zombie I saw was outside our building and he was carrying an Uzi submachine gun but the zombie didn't even seem aware of the gun and I guess the gun was just something the zombie had been carrying when it was still human and the gun was still strapped to the utility belts he had been wearing. So I hit the zombie in the head with the crowbar but I seemed to be really weak in the dream and the zombie staggered backwards but I didn't seem to do any real damage to it. I don't know what happened to it after that.

Then at some other point I had discovered three children in another building outside our building and I took them back to our refuge. Then a woman came up to me when I was outside our building and she seemed all right but it is those scenes with the survivors outside our building when I started thinking in the dream that some of those survivors might have actually been carrying that zombie plague and while they seemed all right they might have been slowly turning into cannibalistic zombies. In the dream, I became aware that two of those three girls I rescued and brought into our shelter might have been turning into zombies and that woman that walked up to me might have been too.

There was another scene where one of the survivors that apparently had been in the warehouse with me at the start of the dream had been crouched down with his back to me while I think he was talking to someone else and I rushed up and I pounded the back of his head with that crowbar I had and again I didn't seem to cause much damage. I apologized after he turned around and looked at me and I recognized him, he was an actor I have seem before and I sit here now trying to remember his name to record his name instead of his roles, but I cannot recall his name. Steve Buschemi? I think that might be it. So anyway, he did seem to be hurt though and I apologized for hitting him and there might have been some other scenes in the dream after that, or I have the sequence of scenes wrong but that is all I can now recall and I have been sitting here wondering if there is any specific reason, in the scheme of the natural order of the universe, why I would today have for the first I can recall an actual dream about literal cannibalistic zombies.