Friday, December 23, 2011

Stupid drivers.




I just got back a long walk to the grocery store and I was thinking as I was walking there that I would later make this note about the drivers I saw but that is not the real reason for this note, which doesn't really matter anyway about anything. I can stand there on the sidewalk waiting as a car in front of me is about to pull onto the main road and I am standing to the driver's right and the driver is looking to the left side of the car and watching for the incoming traffic to open up so the driver can turn, usually, to the right. I don't know how many times I have seen a driver not even look in front of the car for pedestrians before pulling out across the marked or unmarked crosswalk. Seeing that again today and knowing that driver would have hit me if I had been walking through that unmarked crosswalk I remember a time a few months ago when a driver did the same thing and actually hit me with the car. I was in a clearly marked crosswalk and I clearly had the signal to cross the marked crosswalk and the driver wasn't even looking before pulling out through the crosswalk and then stopping just after hitting my hand.

So anyway, the reason I wanted to make this note now this afternoon is that as I was walking back to my apartment on this day that was actually kind of warm for the end of December I began to become aware that a mental block has cleared in my mind about automating my reporting. The solution became very clear to me as I was walking back and I thought through most of the task as I walked back. I don't know if I am going to do it though. I mean, what the hell is the damned point anyway. I don't know what the hell I am doing here. Not one goddamned thing has changed in the past since I went to the police almost seven years ago.