Thursday, June 04, 2015

Well, you know what earlier today I woke up thinking about.





























10k_DSC00055.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/10/2006 12:44 PM


I think I wrote awhile back about a memory I have of that poem. I was memorizing it one time to the annoyance of my friends. That was in the 9th grade and I got the idea I think from a Literature class. We weren’t memorizing that one but some others that were shorter. I took it on myself to memorize The Raven on my own time. After a while that was all I said to anyone as I was constantly reciting the new parts I had learned. I could tell that people were getting annoyed because they were tired of hearing it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 September 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.online-literature.com/poe/335/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network > Edgar Allan Poe > The Raven


The Raven


"Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting--
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul has spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken!--quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:49 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 04 June 2015