Monday, March 14, 2016

"13-something"




http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.06_%22200%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.06 "200"


MITCHELL
So what brings you this way, sir?

O'NEILL
What, a guy can't just stop by from Malibu to say hi?

CARTER
Malibu?

O'NEILL
Sure. I was there on…business.

CARTER
Exactly, sir. You're an Air Force general with enormous responsibilities.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


http://www.nasa.gov/lb/centers/kennedy/about/information/shuttle_faq.html#1

Q. How much does the Space Shuttle cost?
A. The Space Shuttle Endeavour, the orbiter built to replace the Space Shuttle Challenger, cost approximately $1.7 billion.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/03/stargate_13.html ]


http://stargate.mgm.com/view/episode/2683/index.html

STARGATE

THE OFFICIAL MGM SITE


Stargate SG-1 / Season 10 / 200

200

Original Air Date: 08/18/2006










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


Ah, damn.....just looking back through my journal and it looks like July 20th is the day I got out of the Pioneer Square gulag and moved back here.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 72


“No, it ain’t right, you sodbuster,” Larry said, furiously mimicking Ralph’s flat Oklahoma accent. “It wasn’t God’s will that Stu fell down here, it wasn’t even the dark man’s doing. It was just loose dirt, that’s all, just loose dirt! I’m not leaving you, Stu. I’m done leaving people behind.”

“Yes. We are going to leave him,” Glen said quietly.

Larry stared around unbelievingly, as if he had been betrayed. “I thought you were his friend!”

“I am. But that doesn’t matter.”

Larry uttered a hysterical laugh and walked a little way down the gully. “You’re crazy! You know that?”

“No I’m not. We made an agreement. We stood around Mother Abagail’s deathbed and entered into it. It almost certainly meant our deaths, and we knew it. We understood the agreement. Now we’re going to live up to it.”

“Well, I want to, for Chrissake. I mean, it doesn’t have to be Green River; we can get a station wagon, put him in the back, and go on—”

“We’re supposed to walk,” Ralph said. He pointed at Stu. “He can’t walk.”

“Right. Fine. He’s got a broken leg. What do you propose we do? Shoot him like a horse?”

“Larry—” Stu began.

Before he could go on, Glen grabbed Larry’s shirt and yanked him toward him. “Who are you trying to save?” His voice was cold and stern. “Stu, or yourself?”

Larry looked at him, mouth working.

“It’s very simple,” Glen said. “We can’t stay… and he can’t go.”

“I refuse to accept that,” Larry whispered. His face was dead pale.

“It’s a test,” Ralph said suddenly. “That’s what it is.”

“A sanity test, maybe,” Larry said.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 72


“What are you talking about?” Larry cried. “Just what the hell are you suggesting?”

“Don’t you know?” Ralph said with such utter contempt that for a moment Larry was silenced. Then it all rushed before him again with the nightmare speed of strangers’ faces as you ride the whip at the carnival: pills, uppers, downers, cruisers. Rita. Turning her over in her sleeping bag and seeing that she was dead and stiff, green puke coming out of her mouth like a rancid party favor.

“No! ” he yelled, and tried to snatch the bottle from Stu’s hand.

Ralph grabbed him by the shoulders. Larry struggled.

“Let him go,” Stu said. “I want to talk to him.” Ralph still held on, looking at Stu uncertainly. “No, go on, let him go.”

Ralph let go, but looked ready to spring again.

Stu said, “Come here, Larry. Hunker down.”

Larry came over and hunkered by Stu. He looked miserably into Stu’s face. “It’s not right, man. When somebody falls down and breaks his leg, you don’t… you can’t just walk off and let that person die. Don’t you know that? Hey, man…” He touched Stu’s face. “Please. Think.”

Stu took Larry’s hand and held it. “Do you think I’m crazy?”

“No! No, but—”

“And do you think that people who are in their right minds have the right to decide for themselves what they want to do?”

“Oh, man,” Larry said, and started to cry.

“Larry, you’re not in this. I want you to go on. If you get out of Vegas, come back this way. Maybe God’ll send a raven to feed me, you don’t know. I read once in the funny-pages that a man can go seventy days without food, if he’s got water.”










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 72


“Hurt bad?” Stu had asked him yesterday, about an hour after they had moved out.

“Aspirin takes care of it. It’s arthritis, you know, but it’s not as bad as it’s apt to be in another five or seven years, and frankly, East Texas, I’m not looking that far ahead.”

“You really think he’s going to take us?”

And Glen Bateman had said a peculiar thing: “I will fear no evil.” And that had been the end of the discussion.

Now they heard him digging at the frozen soil and cursing it.

“Quite a fella, ain’t he?” Ralph said.

Larry nodded. “Yes. I think he is.”

“I always thought those college teachers was sissies, but that man sure ain’t. Know what he said when I asked him why he didn’t just throw that crap to one side of the road? Said we didn’t need to start up that kind of shit again. Said we’d started up too many of the old brands of shit already.”










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 72


“Can I see that cheat sheet?” Stu asked.

“Sure,” Larry said, and handed it over.

At the top of the sheet Larry had printed: Boulder to Vegas: 771 miles.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


I can still picture myself sitting there in that trailer in De Queen seeing the color images from Mars on TV. I am wondering if in reality, that was a memory of me standing on Mars looking out at the landscape through my helmet visor.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.06_%22200%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.06 "200"


O'NEILL
Ostensibly, I just stopped by to see how you were doing with Marty.

[The team look at him with skeptical expressions.]

O'NEILL
Well, truth be known, that, uh, lately I've been a little…what? How do I say it?

CARTER
It's okay to say that you missed us, sir.

O'NEILL
No, not that.

DANIEL
Like you have unfinished business?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


And to top it all off, I got these morons hassling me in this lousy homeless shelters about interacting more with the other stinking morons. All I can guess is some people just need to feel accepted or recognized by me. It is freaking idiocy. When did this become an un-free country? Where does it say that I have to interact with people I don't want to interact with? It is freaking lunacy. I sure as hell do not want to be in a stinking homeless shelter so why the hell do they think I want to interact with them? Maybe if they put that effort into getting their pathetic lives straightened out they wouldn't be losers in a homeless shelter. Worthless morons. It's not bad enough I got all those stinking morons in D.C. hassling me, but I have to put up with this bullshit every goddamned where I go.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]



































2016_Nk20_DSCN1312.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:41 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 14 March 2016