Monday, March 07, 2016

RAP's




I don't know this guy. I was thinking today after for the first time in a long time looking again at this image this is a person I don't know.

We share the same memory.

But the memory right now in my mind is just an excerpt of his mind.

Several years after battling the thoughts in my mind that began during treatment at the Seattle Veteran's Affairs hospital where they had me in the mental health unit I began to suspect that my memory was wrong.

Fast forward to the present day and in recent years and recent months I began thinking that my thinking became wrong *then*.

That I thought correctly before then.

I look at this image and this is someone completely alien right now to my mind.

I vividly recall that day and that night that photograph was captured. I strongly recall the effort I had to take to make my legs carry me to that point on the map, to stand there where they captured my image. I remember the spectators at the finish line. I remember very clearly struggling aerobically to continue at a respectable pace along the strain of that course as I traveled the final meters of those streets.

I remember how much I loved this area in Spokane and Coeur D'Alene. I lived here briefly in the summer of 2004 and I moved back to the Seattle suburbs later that year and I stayed there until late 2013 and I stayed there for so long only because I knew each day, each day of all those years, that something was going to happen. There is no point in thinking about the future because the future was the next day.

I look at that photograph and I vividly recall details before and after that point of that image.

I recall now, over 11 years 8 months later, specific thoughts in my mind before that moment in the photograph and hours earlier.

And I look at that guy in that photo and I know there is more.

There is more there.

That familiar person is more alien to me than ever.











































ironman%2Bcoeur%2Bdalene%2Bidaho%2B2004.jpg










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Holmes_(mass_murderer)


James Holmes (mass murderer)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Eagan Holmes (born December 13, 1987)


Education and career

In 2006, Holmes worked as an intern at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies where he was assigned to write computer code for an experiment. Holmes, who was described by his supervisor as stubborn, uncommunicative and socially inept, presented his project to the other interns at the end of the internship, but never actually completed it. Holmes wrote of his experiences at the Salk Institute in a college application essay: "I had little experience in computer programming and the work was challenging to say the least. Nonetheless, I taught myself how to program in Flash and then construct a cross-temporal calibration model.... Completing the project and presenting my model at the end of the internship was exhilarating."

Graduating from Westview High School in the Torrey Highlands community of San Diego in 2006, Holmes attended the University of California, Riverside (UCR) and, in 2010, received his undergraduate degree in neuroscience with the highest honors. He was a member of several honor societies, including Phi Beta Kappa and Golden Key. According to UCR recommendation letters submitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (UIUC), Holmes graduated in the top 1% of his class with a 3.949 GPA. The UCR letters also described Holmes as "a very effective group leader" and a person who "takes an active role in his education, and brings a great amount of intellectual and emotional maturity into the classroom".

In 2008, Holmes worked as a counselor at a residential summer camp in Glendale, California, that catered to children aged 7–14. There, he was responsible for ten children and had no disciplinary problems.

In the fall of 2010, Holmes was employed at a pill- and capsule-coating factory in San Diego County. One of his coworkers said that Holmes was unsocial, and once acted strangely in a laboratory work station by staring at a wall and not verbally responding, only smirking when his coworker asked if he was okay.

In June 2011, Holmes enrolled as a Ph.D. student in neuroscience



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:46 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 07 March 2016