Monday, March 14, 2016

Stargate SG-1




http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/counterstrike-625493/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 10 Episode 7

Counterstrike

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 25, 2006 on Syfy

AIRED: 8/25/06










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 25, 2006


How about that. It was March 3rd when I saw the Momsen weighing anchor in Elliott Bay that time I was walking to that little park I used to sit in when I was in the Pioneer Square gulag. I've been thinking I probably served with the CO or XO at some point.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.07_%22Counterstrike%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.07 "Counterstrike"


INT—ADRIA'S CHAMBER, ORI WARSHIP

ADRIA
I don't know why you're complaining. You should be delighted. As the mother of the Orici you will be revered by all the followers of Origin.

VALA
Well, while I appreciate the celebrity status, I have to admit it would get very tiresome very quickly, especially if I had to perform for the— for the masses. I'm not very good with crowds.

ADRIA
There'll be no demands made on you. All you have to do is accept Origin into your heart.

VALA
That could be a problem.

ADRIA
Perhaps at first, but eventually you will embrace the truth.

VALA
I don't think so.

ADRIA

You're my mother. If I am unable convince you, how can I be expected to sway the countless worlds in this galaxy? Until I have brought you into the fold, my mission here is a failure.

VALA
I can be very stubborn.

DANIEL
(agreeing)
Um hmm.

ADRIA
Then I'll be… patient and very… determined.

DANIEL
What about all the other people that refuse to bow down to the will of the Ori. Are you gonna show them the same courtesy?

ADRIA
There is a limit to my patience.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.07_%22Counterstrike%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.07 "Counterstrike"


INT—ADRIA'S CHAMBER, ORI WARSHIP

[Adria stoically watches the staff blasts hit the other side of the door.]

DANIEL
It won't be that easy.

ADRIA
Why wouldn't it be? I'm about to destroy the only real threat against us.

DANIEL
You're forgetting about someone. What about the Ancients?

ADRIA
(smiling)
You know as well as I do they'll never get involved. We have free reign in this galaxy.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.07_%22Counterstrike%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.07 "Counterstrike"


[Adria releases her mental hold. Daniel gasps and falls back off of his knees. He takes several breaths, touching his throat.]

ADRIA
(to Daniel)
You have a strong mind.

[Vala kneels beside Daniel. Adria walks by Daniel and looks down at the Jaffa on the floor. Vala helps Daniel stand up behind Adria.]

ADRIA
Wake up, Jaffa!

[The young Jaffa wakes up, surprised. Adria smiles at him.]

ADRIA
Welcome back.

[He gets to his feet, but is still having trouble breathing. She lifts him off the floor with her mind.]

ADRIA
Now, tell me. What happened to the believers who came to spread Origin to this world?

[The Jaffa struggles but doesn't answer.]

ADRIA
Yours is a backward people. Too primitive to have created such an effective weapon. So tell me, how did it come into your hands?

[The Jaffa still won't answer.]

ADRIA
(insistent)
Where is it?

VALA
(stepping forward)
Stop it.

[Adria pushes Vala back into Daniel's arms telekinetically.]

ADRIA
Don't interfere, Mother!

[Vala is in some pain.]

ADRIA
Where, Jaffa?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 25, 2006


Santini. There is that Robert Duvall movie about Santini, who I think was an A-6 pilot. The name Santini also showed up somewhere today or yesterday but I can't remember where. My head hurts.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/62586c.htm

Remarks on Arrival in Las Vegas, Nevada

June 25, 1986

Well, thank you all very much for a very warm greeting. And I happen to have a hunch that a great many of you are out here becuase you are supporters of a fellow named Jim Santini.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Santini
Release date October 26, 1979

The Great Santini is a 1979 film which tells the story of a highly successful Marine officer whose success as a military aviator contrasts with his shortcomings as a husband and father. It also explores the high price of heroism and self sacrifice on the man's soul and interpersonal relationships. It stars Robert Duvall







http://uscode.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=deception&url=/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001832----000-.html

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 90 > § 1832
§ 1832. Theft of trade secrets

(a) Whoever, with intent to convert a trade secret, that is related to or included in a product that is produced for or placed in interstate or foreign commerce, to the economic benefit of anyone other than the owner thereof, and intending or knowing that the offense will, injure any owner of that trade secret, knowingly—
(1) steals, or without authorization appropriates, takes, carries away, or conceals, or by fraud, artifice, or deception obtains such information





http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/62586d.htm

Remarks at a Senate Campaign Fundraising Dinner for Jim Santini in Las Vegas, Nevada

June 25, 1986

Thank you very much. And, Jim, thank you. And won't you all please be seated. You know, I'm -- I know I'm a little late -- about 24 hours late. [Laughter] A funny thing happened to me on the way to Nevada. [Laughter] We had to tend to the Nation's business, and that meant helping the freedom fighters and trying to restore the bipartisan coalition on foreign policy. And let me tell you right now that it's situations like this one that we just saw in Washington that make it so obvious why we need Jim Santini in the Senate.






The more I think about it, the more odd it seems the placement of this paragraph. It just seems odd to be there.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/62586d.htm
...
Earlier this month I visited some young marines going through boot camp in -- well, I was first of all, before I say that I want to tell you that one of the most heartening trends, I think, are the young people. And God love them, they're with us. I've seen them all over the country, and just a few days ago I was at a high school in New Jersey. And the energy and optimism of this generation is infectious. And then, I tell you, earlier this month I visited some young marines going through boot camp in Parris Island, South Carolina. And they are really great. Their commanding officer, a general, will be retiring at the end of the month. And he told me that in all his years in the military, he has never seen young people of greater quality than those that are in the uniform today. And I found myself remembering -- and if you'll permit me to use a bit of profanity, but I'm quoting accurately -- back in World War II someone asked General George Marshall if we had a secret weapon, and he said, ``Yes, the best damn kids in the world.'' Well, I can tell you, after what I've seen of today's youth and those in uniform today, the Commander in Chief can say the same thing that George Marshall said, and I do say it about those young people of ours. There's never been a higher quality in our military than we're seeing today.




This part reminds me of that photo of Becky Reed taking a nap with the caption that she is doing what she does best and then my thinking that Becky is symbolic somehow of the Bekaa Valley. This may also be some kind of commentary on how I was helping myself escape from captivity and that they gave me some military support to help me help myself.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/62586d.htm
...
And with the reforms early on in the administration, we've ushered in 3\1/2\ years of growth and stability of which we can all be proud. Yes, the American people are better off, but they're better off -- and I would say -- because of what we've done. But let me tell you, you're better off because of yourselves. Because, really, all we did was get government out of the way and turn you loose to do the things you can do so well. But when I use that word ``we'' that includes Jim Santini; because, even as a Democrat, he was on our side with things such as that.











Don't let those people die in Iraq because of what I said about staying there, George. I am not the President. I am not running for President and never will be. I obviously am not your adviser, unless you are a supporter of slave labor.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 August 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:02 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 14 March 2016