Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Blog of Inevitability.




http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.11_%22The_Quest_Part_2%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.11 "The Quest Part 2"


VALA
I thought the Sangreal was a tiny red jewel.

DANIEL
No, that's the— that's the final stage. The key to making the whole thing work.

MITCHELL
So, how long before you can put the whole thing together?

[Daniel suddenly leans forward against the platform and raises a hand to his face.]

VALA
Daniel?

DANIEL
(unzipping and removing his vest)
No. I'm all right, I'm all right. It's just, this machine takes a lot out of you. The uh, level of concentration required is pretty intense.

[He holds his hand to his eye.]

VALA
Can I get you anything?

DANIEL
Water.

VALA
Sure.

[She turns and steps over to the table where the canteen is. As she reaches for it, it flies through the air to Daniel, whose hand is outstretched. He pulls it from the air. Mitchell stands up straight in shock.]

DANIEL
(ironically)
Okay, that happened.

[He unscrews the cap from the canteen.]

DANIEL
It's interesting. Jack got healing powers; I guess I got telekinesis.

[He takes a drink. He is still leaning against the platform with his other hand.]

VALA
Jack also almost died! Now you said that this device might be different.

DANIEL
I'll be fine.

MITCHELL
That's crap! She's right, you don't get fancy mind powers unless there has been major redecorating going on inside your skull!

DANIEL
Look, obviously, creating the weapon requires a higher level of brain function. Now, Merlin would have foreseen that.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.11_%22The_Quest_Part_2%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.11 "The Quest Part 2"


INT—MERLIN'S CHAMBER

[Daniel is working the machine again. A second disk-shaped piece lowers from the holographic field and materializes on top of the first stage. The machine deactivates.]

MITCHELL
(looking at the platform)
Stage two.

DANIEL
Indeed.

[He steps back haltingly from the device.]

DANIEL
I must rest. I'm not as young as I used to be.

[He walks to the divan as if he is an old man, with Merlin's halting walk. He sits sideways on the couch. Vala walks over and crouches in front of him, putting a hand on his knee.]

VALA
Daniel? Are you all right?

DANIEL
I know you.

VALA
Well of course you do, silly. It's me! Vala!

[She smiles. He smiles back and puts his hand along the side of her face.]

DANIEL
I had the strangest dream. Everything was covered in ice.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 7, 2006


I was remembering something about a speech I read from Reagan that makes me wonder if he was frustrated that no one would try to rescue me in 1986. I have many thoughts about the debate of sending in troops to rescue one person. But this apparently is not the place to discuss such strategy. Anyway, I am reminded of this scene from that episode where Picard is captured by the Borg. And now that I think about it, if I really am Reagan's grandson, this episode would explain a lot and I think reflects the thinking about me and my situation back only a few years earlier.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 10, 2006


There is that memory I wrote about a while back where I was called away to fix an ATM machine on Christmas Eve. It was at Tracie's parents house near Clemson which was at one end of the region I covered and I was called to a machine that was completely on the other side of my region. That town was named Spartanburg, SC.


http://movies.go.com/parentpreviews/review?rid=537


Employed as a FedEx systems engineer, Chuck Noland provides combat training to FedEx employees around the world in the hopes they will sort boxes faster. Wearing a pager 24/7, Chuck can be called away to anywhere in the world leaving his girlfriend Kelly (Helen Hunt) with no service guarantee. When Chuck's pager summons him just prior to Christmas, Kelly makes him promise absolutely and positively to be home for New Year's Eve.




And what about the stuff he found in the boxes? There was the Wilson volleyball. Probably a reference to "Top Gun" and to Ronald Wilson Reagan. Then there are the ice skates, which maybe those signify the date I was in a similar experience. Maybe this movie "Cast Away" or maybe it was originally designed for "Castaway" has some bearing on that Stargazer incident, where I imagine I was lost for several days back in 1994. Maybe I had been spending time with Michelle Kwan around that time, especially considering the shuttle flights in 1995 and 1996. I wonder if she thought I was her uncle or her father.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 13, 2006

Before time ran out for the computer room here at this day care center, I started wondering about Ronald Reagan's older brother, John Neil Reagan.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


I've got the feeling several of my kids are in this photo:

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c25210-30.jpg

President Reagan attending a White House ceremony for the Young Astronauts Program. 10/17/84


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/the-quest-1-625495/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 10 Episode 10

The Quest (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2006 on Syfy

AIRED: 9/22/06





http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/the-quest-2-625497/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 10 Episode 11

The Quest (2)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 13, 2007 on Syfy

AIRED: 4/13/07










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 24, 2006


This is hard to read. I have wrote about that sensation in the past. I try to read the words and sentences only to find that my eyes have scanned three paragraphs but my brain comprehended not a single word. I have to concentrate very hard and read it several times before I understand anything. And as always, I just give up and move on to something else.







What happens, in my mind, is that you find another home. As I told Lynn one time, home is where you make it. My frustration, for lack of an appropriately descriptive word, is that the terrorists follow me into every place I live. How do you live after nearly a decade of that?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14499307/site/newsweek/

The need for a home is primal. Even if it’s just a single room, if you close the door and feel that it’s yours—if the lamplight spills across the floor exactly as you want it to and the objects around you have stories behind them, personal meaning, it’s home. Your sanctuary.

What happens to the soul when your home is suddenly gone?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.newsweek.com/patti-davis-never-forget-katrina-109003

NEWSWEEK


NEWS

PATTI DAVIS: NEVER FORGET KATRINA

BY PATTI DAVIS ON 8/23/06 AT 8:00 PM

The need for a home is primal. Even if it’s just a single room, if you close the door and feel that it’s yours—if the lamplight spills across the floor exactly as you want it to and the objects around you have stories behind them, personal meaning, it’s home. Your sanctuary.

What happens to the soul when your home is suddenly gone? Wiped off the earth? What does the heart reach for when it’s not just your home, but your whole neighborhood and even much of your city that’s gone, unrecognizable? Your whole way of life has been demolished? Add to that the agony of loved ones lost, missing or dead; pets left behind to fend for themselves in a city that’s become a toxic wasteland ... how does the heart survive?

So many people could answer those questions, you’d be there for years listening to their stories, heartache and understandable rage. Hurricane Katrina and the flood that followed destroyed homes, lives. But there was a more tragic wound waiting in the wings—abandonment. A government that is supposed to be of the people, by the people and for the people simply didn’t care about thousands and thousands of mostly poor, mostly black people.

In the aftermath of Katrina, I visited The Dream Center in Los Angeles, a Christian-based organization that takes in, houses and educates those in need. Following the storm, with the help of a benefactor who donated a private plane, they flew back and forth between New Orleans and L.A., airlifting entire families and providing them with clothes, shelter and hope.

I will remember their eyes forever. The shock, the stunned look of grief that was waiting to be unloosed, was evident. But so was the gratitude that someone had come for them, someone had cared. I wondered then and I wonder still if I could find that in my own heart after so much tragedy, so much betrayal.

Let us please not forget the government’s absurd declarations that they were moving as fast as they could—when journalists, private rescue organizations and even a few celebrities had absolutely no problem getting into New Orleans. If we do forget—and there are those who cruelly say, “Enough, let’s just move on”—then we have little hope of realizing our aspirations to be an eternally compassionate nation.

School children should be taught the hard truths of what went on a year ago in New Orleans. They should know that even a country that was founded on honor and respect can become arrogant and callous. No one should ever forget the horrible images of last summer—people literally left to die while their president did a “flyover” in Air Force One.

We grow as a nation when we remember who we are supposed to be as human beings. We’re meant to help each other, we’re meant to reach through chaos with the balm of compassion. And we’re meant to look with clear eyes at the times we have fallen short and abandoned those in need so we never repeat those tragic missteps. Most importantly, we’re meant to learn from those people who manage to find gratitude in their hearts even after being left to die.

We need to remember that even though a heartless administration is in power, the hearts of Americans are bigger and more persistent. We saw that in the aftermath of Katrina. The government just couldn’t seem to get to New Orleans, but ordinary citizens had no problem rushing in to help.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.11_%22The_Quest_Part_2%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


10.11 "The Quest Part 2"


MITCHELL
Jackson!
(touching his shoulder)
Daniel.

[Daniel flinches, takes a deep breath, and comes back to himself.]

DANIEL
What's going on?

[He looks behind him, but Vala pulls his face back toward her.]

VALA
(concerned)
We're losing you, that's what's going on. Every time you come back from that machine, it gets a little worse. And don't tell me you're fine.

[She is teary-eyed.]

DANIEL
(breathing heavily)
No. No, I just have too many thoughts in my head. I—I can't concentrate. I get confused.

VALA
You have to fight it.

DANIEL
(putting his fingers to his temples)
No, no, no! That's the thing; I have to let it happen. That's the only way I can build Merlin's weapon.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:33 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 29 March 2016