Friday, March 11, 2016

That was me.




http://www.azlyrics.com/s/sundays.html

AZ

THE SUNDAYS

album: "Reading, Writing, And Arithmetic" (1990)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sundays/hereswherethestoryends.html

AZ

THE SUNDAYS

"Here's Where The Story Ends"

People I know, places I go
Make me feel tongue tied
I can see how, people look down
They're on the inside

Here's where the story ends

People I see, weary of me
Showing my good side
I can see how, people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends

It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes my eyes feel sore
Oh I never should have said, the books that you read
Were all I loved you for










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 22


Starkey was looking at the monitors again. “My daughter gave me a book of poems some years ago. By a man named Yeets. She said every military man should read Yeets. I think it was her idea of a joke. You ever heard of Yeets, Len?”

“I think so,” Creighton said










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:21 AM Sunday, March 11, 2012


And let there glide by many a pearly car





http://www.online-literature.com/keats/484/


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » John Keats » On Leaving Some Friends at an Early Hour


On Leaving Some Friends at an Early Hour


Give me a golden pen, and let me lean
On heaped-up flowers, in regions clear, and far;
Bring me a tablet whiter than a star,
Or hand of hymning angel, when 'tis seen
The silver strings of heavenly harp atween:
And let there glide by many a pearly car
Pink robes, and wavy hair, and diamond jar,
And half-discovered wings, and glances keen.
The while let music wander round my ears,
And as it reaches each delicious ending,
Let me write down a line of glorious tone,
And full of many wonders of the spheres:
For what a height my spirit is contending!
'Tis not content so soon to be alone.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 March 2012 excerpt ends]































Callaghen (1972)

http://www.louislamour.com/images/covers/_large/1972callaghen.jpg



http://www.louislamour.com/novels/callaghen.htm

LOUIS L'AMOUR


Callaghen


River of gold, river of blood...

Callaghen's business is soldiering. For twenty years he's fought all over the world--from China to California--now he's a private in the U.S. cavalry, poorly paid, his enlistment about to run out. He's ready to move on. Until he saves the lives of his patrol in a brutal encounter in the harsh Mohave Desert and comes across a startling discovery: a treasure map belonging to a dead lieutenant who may not have been all he seemed. The map points the way to an underground river of gold...or does it? To find out, Callaghen will have to fight the toughest war of his life: against a fierce Indian warrior, a vindictive commanding officer, and a ruthless gang of outlaws who'll turn what may be a river of gold into a river of blood.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:14 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 11 March 2016