Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Ad Astra Per Aspera



from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: July 31, 2006

Then there was this time that I thought about a few hours ago and keep coming back to several times this morning. This was several years earlier than that Ashdown football practice day. We were still living in De Queen at Randy Romine's house. I think mom was looking for a place of her own, planning to leave Randy as she did several times. We were looking at some house I guess she was planning to rent. As we went through the house, I reached up and pulled on the cord to the stair-ladder that went into the attic. I look at something similar to that in this building and I start thinking about the landing gear cover on the space shuttle. I am wondering if that is the memory of me doing something to get the buckled cover off so that the gear can come down. That stair-ladder makes me think of a retracting landing gear. And, to add more weight to this theory, that next day in my memory, mom had to take me to the hospital because I pulled some muscles in my back when I reached up and pulled the ladder down. I am wondering if reality had me actually on the other side of that retractable structure and pushing it open, instead of in my memory where I pulled it down. And the part about me not being able to move from the couch represents that I fell through and hit the ground hard. I keep thinking about that video clip on the news the other day with the motorcyclist hitting the ground hard after his stunt went bad.

There is also that memory I have written about before where I climbed up on Randy Romine's 100 foot HAM radio antenna. One time I went up there with my first model rocket, the one that was fashioned as R2D2 from Star Wars. Then it dawned on me a few hours later: Of course! R2D2 is shaped a lot like the external fuel tank and the solid-rocket boosters for the space shuttle.

So then I started thinking that my real memories are locked into my symbolic memories of the same time. In other words, what happened to Kerry Burgess in 1981, for instance, has clues to what really happened to me in 1981. That isn't consistent though. But as I wrote earlier, I can usually find some kind of connection point to tie certain details together, the pattern doesn't always have to be consistent. For example, one thing can happen to Kerry Burgess in 1981 that represents something that really happened to me in 1981, but that date pattern doesn't always have to be consistent. Something could happen to Kerry Burgess in 1995, for instance, that happened to me in reality in 1983. But that 1995 and 1983 detail will have something else that connects them.









DSCN5351.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN5353.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN5356.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN5357.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN4067.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN4068.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC05182.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC05183.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC05184.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC05230.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC05231.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSCN5419.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC00259.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC00258.jpg - Kerry Burgess




DSC00305.jpg - Kerry Burgess




2017June30_Chloe55-200_DSC01072.jpg - Kerry Burgess




2017June30_Chloe55-200_DSC01077.jpg - Kerry Burgess








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/neptune_31.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 8:06 PM

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Neptune


http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar

Solar System Live

Solar System: Sat 1991 Mar 16

Distance (AU)

Neptune 30.544

Pluto 29.107


excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 8:06 PM Sunday, March 31, 2013








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Astra_(film)

Ad Astra (film)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ad Astra is an upcoming American epic science fiction thriller film

Release date May 24, 2019

Plot

Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra-terrestrial intelligence, Roy McBride, an Army Corps engineer travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed.








From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 5/22/2019 is 10294 days

10294 = 5147 + 5147

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/6/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5147 days


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/releaseinfo

IMDb

Ad Astra (2019)

Release Info

France 22 May 2019









http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/treknology/warp/warp-sti.jpg








http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(from internet transcript)


[Enterprise bridge]

KIRK: Warp drive, Mister Scott. Ahead, warp one, Mister Sulu.

SULU: Accelerating to warp one, sir. Warp point seven, ...point eight, ...warp one, sir.

KIRK: Mister Decker... Wormhole! ...Get us back on impulse power! Full reverse!

SULU: Negative helm control, Captain! Going reverse on impulse power!

UHURA: Subspace frequencies are jammed, sir. Wormhole effect!

DECKER: Negative control from inertial lag will continue twenty-two point five seconds before forward velocity slows to sub-light speed.

ILIA: Unidentified small object has been pulled into the wormhole with us, Captain! Directly ahead!

KIRK: Forcefields up, full! Put object on viewer. ...Manual override on helm.

SULU: No manual response!

ILIA: Navigational deflectors coming up.

DECKER: Wormhole distortion has over-loaded main power systems!

ILIA: Navigational deflectors inoperative, Captain. Directional control also inoperative.

KIRK: (slowly, distorted) Time to impact?

ILIA: (slowly, distorted) Twenty seconds.

KIRK: (slowly, distorted) Mister Chekov, stand by on phasers.

DECKER: (slowly, distorted) No! ...Belay that phaser order! ...Arm photon torpedoes.

CHEKOV: (slowly, distorted) Photon torpedoes ...armed.

ILIA: (slowly, distorted) Object is an asteroid, reading mass point seven.

CHEKOV: (slowly, distorted) Targeting asteroid.

ILIA: (slowly, distorted) Impact in ten seconds. ...Impact in eight seconds

DECKER: (slowly, distorted) Fire torpedoes!

ILIA: (slowly, distorted) ...Six.

CHEKOV: (slowly, distorted) Torpedoes away.

ILIA: (slowly, distorted) ...Four.

SULU: Helm control restored, sir.

DECKER: Position report, Navigator?

ILIA: Computing new interception course.

UHURA (OC): Communications are normal, sir.

CHEKOV (OC): Negative damage report, Captain. No casualties reported, Doctor.

McCOY: Wrong, Mister Chekov, there are casualties. My wits! As in 'frightened-out-of', Captain, sir!

DECKER: We're at warp point eight. Engineer, ...report your status there.

[Enterprise engineering]

SCOTT: In just a second, Exec, we're picking up the pieces down here.

[Enterprise bridge]

KIRK: Mister Scott, we need warp drive as soon as possible.

[Enterprise engineering]

SCOTT: Captain, it was the engine imbalance that created the wormhole in the first place. ...It'll happen again if we don't correct it.








From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 5/24/2019 is 10296 days

10296 = 5148 + 5148

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/7/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5148 days



From 10/12/1915 ( Robert Innes announced the discovery of Proxima Centauri ) To 5/2/1969 ( the first voyage RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 ) is 19561 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/24/2019 is 19561 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/releaseinfo

IMDb

Ad Astra (2019)

Release Info

UK 24 May 2019
USA 24 May 2019








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079945/releaseinfo

IMDb

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Release Info

USA 6 December 1979 (Washington, D.C.) (premiere)
USA 7 December 1979 (Los Angeles, California)








http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(from internet transcript)


[Kirk's quarters]

KIRK: Make your point, Doctor.

McCOY: The point, Captain, is that it's you who's competing. ...You rammed getting this command down Starfleet's throat. You've used this emergency to get Enterprise back.

KIRK: And I intend to keep her, is it that what you're saying?

McCOY: Yes! It's an obsession, an obsession that can blind you to far more immediate, and critical responsibilities. Your reaction to Decker is an example.

UHURA (on intercom): Bridge to Captain.

KIRK: Viewer on.

UHURA (on intercom): Signal from a Federation-registered long-range shuttle, sir.

UHURA (on viewer): She wishes to come alongside, and lock on.

KIRK: For what purpose?

CHEKOV (on viewer):Our security scanning shows it has a Grade-One priority, Captain. Non-belligerency confirmed. I suspect it is a ...courier of some kind.

KIRK: Very well, Mister Chekov, see to it. Viewer off. Your ...opinion has been noted.

McCOY: Is there anything further?

KIRK: That depends on you.

[Shuttle dock entrance]

COMPUTER VOICE: Security scan. One border. Identity, Starfleet inactive.

SPOCK: Permission to come aboard, sir?

CHEKOV: Granted, sir! [ Kerry's note: AWKWARD ] Granted!

[Enterprise bridge]

CREW: Why... Why ...it's Mister...

KIRK: Spock! ...Spock.

SPOCK: Commander, if I may?

DECKER: If... Oh!

SPOCK: I have been monitoring your communications with Starfleet Command, Captain, I'm aware of your engine design difficulties. ...I offer my services as science officer. ...With all due respect, Commander.

KIRK: If our Exec has no objections?

DECKER: Of course not. I'm well aware of Mister Spock's qualifications.

KIRK: Mister Chekov, log Mister Spock's Starfleet commission reactivated, list him as science officer, ...both effective immediately.

CHAPEL: Mister Spock!!!

[ Spock says nothing ]

McCOY: Well, so help me, I'm actually pleased to see you.

UHURA: It's how we all feel, Mister Spock.

SPOCK: Captain, with your permission, I will now discuss these fuel equations with the Engineer.

KIRK: Mister Spock, welcome aboard.

[ Spock says nothing ]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 11:40 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 14 November 2018