Monday, November 19, 2018

Temple of The Stargate, The Lonely



Guess I might as well start breaking up what has turned into a massive post into its smaller constituents.

Not that it really matters.

Not even sure why I care if anybody's paying attention.

Most people can't GET IT, even if they are paying attention.

Some people are smart enough to get it, but most of them won't pay attention unless it has something to do with them personally.

And then, why? Why does it have anything to do with anybody?



I made a small but significant update to this post almost 30 minutes later. I try to avoid making changes to my original posts and especially after so much time but that seems to be happening more often lately.

"Cinderella", is in the original post here because it points to a future post I have been working on for almost a full day now. "The Twilight Zone" is part of the addition I made to the original content of this post.








Stargate: The Movie (1994)

Doctor Daniel Jackson: The point is not who built them; the point is when they were built.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734656/quotes

IMDb

The Twilight Zone (TV Series)

The Lonely (1959)

Quotes

Captain Allenby: Brought you some paperback books.

James A. Corry: Thanks.

Captain Allenby: And, Corry, I brought you something else, too. It'll mean my job, if they ever suspect. It'd be my neck, if they found out for sure.

James A. Corry: Look, Allenby. I don't want any gifts. I don't want tidbits. Makes me feel like an animal in a cage with an old lady out there who wants to throw peanuts at me. A pardon, Allenby. That's the only gift I want. I'm not a murderer. I killed in self-defense. There are still a lot of people who believe me, and it happens to be the truth. I killed in self-defense!

Captain Allenby: I know. I know all about it. And I doubt if this'll be any consolation to you, but this isn't an easy assignment to handle; stopping here four times a year and having to look at a man's agony.

James A. Corry: You're right, Allenby. It's very little consolation.

Captain Allenby: Well, I can't bring you freedom. All I can do is try to bring you things to help keep your sanity. Something to, uh, well anything, so you can just fight loneliness.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042332/releaseinfo

IMDb

Cinderella (1950)

Release Info

USA 15 February 1950 (Boston, Massachusetts)
USA 22 February 1950 (Chicago, Illinois)
USA 22 February 1950 (New York City, New York)
USA 4 March 1950








https://www.nasa.gov/press/2013/august/next-generation-of-explorers-takes-the-stage

NASA official website

August 20, 2013

Headquarters, Washington

RELEASE 13-258

Next Generation of Explorers Takes the Stage

NASA, International Community United in Support of Bold Space Exploration Program

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on Tuesday formally welcomed the eight newest candidates to the astronaut corps and unveiled a space exploration roadmap that makes clear the global community is working together on a unified deep space exploration strategic plan, with robotic and human missions to destinations that include near-Earth asteroids, the moon and Mars.

At NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, the members of the 2013 astronaut class spoke with reporters about their new roles and their desire to help the agency push the boundaries of exploration and travel to new destinations in the solar system. These next-generation American astronauts will be among those who will have the opportunity to fly on new commercial space transportation systems that are now under development. They also will be among those to plan and perhaps carry out the first-ever human missions to an asteroid and Mars.

"This class joins a distinguished and elite group of Americans who have carried out historic missions to the moon, deployed space telescopes and built an orbiting laboratory the size of a football field, where U.S. astronauts have continuously lived, worked and conducted research for more than a dozen years now," said Bolden. "They are being asked to carry on this extraordinary legacy and ensure the United States remains the world's leader in exploration and scientific discovery -- carrying with them America's hopes, dreams and curiosity deep into space, first to an asteroid and one day on to Mars."

The 2013 astronaut candidate class comes from a pool of 6,000 applicants, the second largest in NASA history. Half of the selectees are women, making this the highest percentage of female astronaut candidates ever selected for a single class. The group will participate in extensive technical training at space centers and remote locations around the world to prepare for missions beyond low-Earth orbit.

Bolden also spoke about the updated Global Exploration Roadmap (GER), released publicly Tuesday. The roadmap reflects the work of 12 space agencies of the International Space Exploration Coordination Group. It highlights the international space community's shared interest in pursuing deep space exploration and reflects the degree of international cooperation on a unified deep space exploration strategic roadmap.

The shared global vision, as laid out in the GER, includes:

-- an examination of the critical part the International Space Station plays in deep space exploration;

-- robotic and human missions to destinations that include near-Earth asteroids, the moon and Mars;

-- validation of the vital role of NASA's asteroid mission in advancing the capabilities needed to explore Mars and the economic and societal value such exploration can bring; and

-- a conceptual scenario that demonstrates how missions in the lunar vicinity, including NASA's asteroid initiative, pave the way for international missions to Mars in the 2030s, while enabling important discoveries along the way.

For more information about the astronaut candidates, their photos and details on the astronaut selection process, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/2013astroclass

To view the Global Exploration Roadmap, visit:

http://go.nasa.gov/1d0cShx

For information about the International Space Exploration Coordination Group, visit:

http://www.globalspaceexploration.org

For information about NASA and human exploration, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration

-end-









https://www.nasa.gov/content/2013-astronaut-class-portrait

NASA official website

2013 Astronaut Class Portrait









https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/jsc2013e078097.jpg

https://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-candidate-survival-training-0

NASA official website

Aug. 30, 2013

Astronaut Candidate Survival Training

https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/2013astroclassgallery.html

2013 Astronaut Candidate Class Gallery









https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/jsc2013e078098.jpg








From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 8/30/2013 is 7919 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/9/1987 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 2nd Class selectee I arrived at my second US Navy fleet assignment the USS Wainwright CG 28 Charleston South Carolina ) is 7919 days



From 12/20/1994 ( on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 8/30/2013 is 6828 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/13/1984 ( premiere US TV series "Brothers" & premiere US film "The Last Starfighter" ) is 6828 days



From 9/1/1947 ( premiere US film "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 17468 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/30/2013 is 17468 days



To be continued, maybe.


https://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-candidate-land-survival-training

NASA official website

Aug. 30, 2013

Astronaut Candidate Land Survival Training

JSC2013-E-078098 (26-28 Aug. 2013) --- As the first phase of their extensive training program along the way to become full-fledged astronauts, eight new candidates spent three days in the wild participating in their land survival training, near Rangeley, Maine. They took a brief breather along the way to pose for a group portrait with instructors, trainers and other participants (seen on the back row) in the training. On the front row, from left to right, are Tyler N. (Nick) Hague, Jessica U. Meir, Josh A. Cassada, Nicole A. Mann, Andrew R. Morgan, Christina M. Hammock, Anne C. McClain and Victor J. Glover. Photo credit: NASA








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039808/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947)

Release Info

USA 4 August 1947 (Chicago, Illinois) (premiere)
USA 14 August 1947 (New York City, New York)
USA 1 September 1947



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039808/fullcredits

IMDb

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947)

Full Cast & Crew

Danny Kaye ... Walter Mitty








The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Sean O'Connell: Do you mind? I'm working.

Todd, eHarmony customer support (cellular phone): This is one of the best profiles I've ever done. And our refund policy, well, we don't have one...

Walter Mitty (cellular phone): Todd, I got to go.

Walter Mitty: Sean.

Sean O'Connell: Yeah.

Walter Mitty: It's Walter. Mitty. Walter Mitty.

Sean O'Connell: Seriously?









20161116_130748_crop-img.jpg - Kerry Burgess, July 1984



from my journal as Kerry Burgess

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 04:32 am (Pacific Time USA)

I wonder if that's the same day I remember graduating from United States Navy basic training in Orlando.

Must have been.

The uncertainty in my mind is because of vague memories I still have about those last days before we left.

I can still visualize that last day, had my seabag and sunglasses on and the company commander sending us off and I can visualize myself walking for the last time out the door of that barracks we had been in for 8 weeks.

I went across base to begin Basic Electricity and Electronics School for the Electronics Technician occupation rating, a rating I chose because it was one of only two ratings in the Advanced Electronics Field, along with Fire Controlman, and the ET rating required several more weeks of electronics training than FC and I found that appealing to me. Several weeks later, being completely unprepared for unhindered access to cheap alcohol, having been sheltered from alcohol and then on my own with no old woman screeching at me, with no closed door in her house I could ever escape to away from her, I let myself get kicked out of school and sent out to the fleet to work in the deck department as a non-rated sailor. Working my butt off, as since 14 years old, from my own personal initiative and with no personal role models in my past experience, I had become accustomed to regular employment, I was allowed to select a rating to aspire for and I chose the gun/missile Fire Controlman (FC) (in the last days of the Fire Control Technician Missiles (FTM) rating) and worked my way back up and my next fleet assignment was with a bunch of push-button technicians whose career track had been the same as my original aspirations with the ET rating. They went to school for several courses of instruction and were advanced to Petty Officer Third Class (E-4 paygrade after entering recruit training as E-3 paygrade) without ever working a day in the fleet. I had spent over a year - a total of 419 days to be exact - on a shakedown period for the USS Taylor FFG-50 where I had many responsibilities including being responsible for the boatswain locker, helmsman, lookout, repair locker personnel, damage control, others.

All I know for certain is my official military records tell me I was transferred from basic training by the United States Navy on Monday, July 16, 1984.

The previous Friday was the 13th.

The details I vaguely recall are about how my company, C155, finished the course of instruction several days before the other company's finished. The reason, I vaguely recall, is that several companies began the course of instruction during the same week but on different days of the week. So we started on a day before the others started and we finished a few days before the last company finished. If we started on a Monday then others started on Friday. So we finished on a Monday and they finished on a Friday. But we all graduated on the same day, which I believe was a Friday and I have reason to believe was the 13th. I can't imagine we were goofing off for over a week waiting for the other company to finish the course. K076 was the female company I remember starting with us on the same day and I think they were in the same large classroom with us for classroom instruction. I remember a vast number of sailors being on the field for graduation ceremony and my company was a large group of sailors.

The answer might be out there somewhere on the internet but I can't find it.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Release Info

USA 13 July 1984



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/fullcredits

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Full Cast & Crew

Lance Guest ... Alex Rogan / Beta Alex








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Release Info

USA 5 October 2013 (New York Film Festival)
USA 25 December 2013








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/quotes

IMDb

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Quotes

Walter Mitty: When are you going to take it?

Sean O'Connell: Sometimes I don't. If I like a moment, for me, personally, I don't like to have the distraction of the camera. I just want to stay in it.

Walter Mitty: Stay in it?

Sean O'Connell: Yeah. Right there. Right here.









2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC04941.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017




2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC04942.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017








From 8/30/1961 ( premiere US TV movie "Monte Carlo" ) To 8/30/2013 ( NASA "Astronaut Candidate Land Survival Training" ) is 18993 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/2/2017 is 18993 days



From 2/27/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "TRAN 90FEB27" - while inport at anchor Monaco my permanent transfer from US Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 to Naval Station Charleston South Carolina for active duty separation processing and Honorable Discharge ) To 11/2/2017 is 10110 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/8/1993 ( premiere US film "In the Line of Fire" ) is 10110 days



From 10/17/1966 ( premiere US "Spinout" ) To 11/2/2017 is 18644 days

18644 = 9322 + 9322

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix as the unpublished Formula One driver and the financial partner of McLaren Honda and the legitimate agent of Interpol ) is 9322 days



From 1/21/1955 ( premiere US film "Six Bridges to Cross" ) To 1/21/2007 ( premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"Rapture" ) is 18993 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/2/2017 is 18993 days



From 12/20/1994 ( on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 11/2/2017 is 8353 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/15/1988 ( premiere US film "Dead Man Walking" ) is 8353 days



From 12/20/1994 ( on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 11/2/2017 is 8353 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/15/1988 ( premiere US TV series "America's Most Wanted" ) is 8353 days



From 2/8/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Virginian"::"The Gauntlet" ) To 11/2/2017 is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) is 9265 days



From 11/13/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"The Lonely" ) To 11/2/2017 is 21174 days

21174 = 10587 + 10587

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 10587 days





2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC04928.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg






2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC04951.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg






DSC00449.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg






DSC00453.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg






DSC00457.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg






DSC00486.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 02 November 2017.jpg








BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X12 - RAPTURE (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 21-JAN-2007


Anders: If Kara dies out there... I swear to Gods, I will kill you myself.

Apollo: If she dies out there, I'll let you.

Anders: So what are we gonna do now, follow me around with a gun? Because that is the only way that I am not going after Kara.

Apollo: Private Sykes.

Sykes: Sir?

Apollo: Get Lieutenant Dualla on the line.

Sykes: Yes sir.

Algae Planet: Observation Post 3/Bunker

Dualla: I'm here.

Apollo: Do you have eyeballs on Starbuck's position?

Dualla: Negative, we have no visual on her Raptor, but I can see smoke from the crash site. She went down behind a hill, it's a couple klicks away.

Apollo: Can you get to the Raptor?

Dualla: I don't know. It's pretty far away. There's minimal cover.

Apollo: Is it doable?

Dualla: I don't know.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/quotes

IMDb

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Quotes

Sean O'Connell: Number 25 is my best ever, the quintessence of life, I think. I trust you'll get it where it needs to go, you always do.









battlestar-galactica_season3-ep11_00h08m35s.jpg




battlestar-galactica_season3-ep11_00h08m47s.jpg




battlestar-galactica_season3-ep11_00h09m12s.jpg




battlestar-galactica_season3-ep11_00h09m16s.jpg








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061015/releaseinfo

IMDb

Spinout (1966)

Release Info

USA 17 October 1966 (Memphis, Tennessee)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061015/fullcredits

IMDb

Spinout (1966)

Full Cast & Crew

Elvis Presley ... Mike McCoy









1204982- .jpg




marlboro-cigarettes-advertising-billboard-las-vegas-nevada-united-CE9TH3.jpg




1289877738559.jpg








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445571/releaseinfo

IMDb

Monte Carlo (1961 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 30 August 1961








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107206/releaseinfo

IMDb

In the Line of Fire (1993)

Release Info

USA 8 July 1993 (Westwood, California) (premiere)








BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X12 - RAPTURE (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 21-JAN-2007


ACT FOUR

Galactica: CIC

Gaeta: Admiral, the Cylon fleet just jumped away.

Tigh: They don't wanna be here when that nova shock front gets here. Neither do we.

Adama: Launch a rescue mission, now.

Gaeta: We don't have much time before the nova fries everything in the system.

Tigh: It's gonna be a photo finish.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048628/releaseinfo

IMDb

Six Bridges to Cross (1955)

Release Info

USA 19 January 1955 (Boston, Massachusetts) (premiere)
USA 21 January 1955 (New York City, New York)

Also Known As (AKA)

USA (working title) Five Bridges to Cross
USA (working title) Five Rivers to Cross








BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X12 - RAPTURE (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 21-JAN-2007


Temple of Five

Chief: I mean, I don't even know how I found this place. I just got this urge to start walking, and then suddenly, here it is.

Galactica: Adama's Office

Chief: The scriptures say this Temple is the final resting place of the Eye of Jupiter.

Adama: What exactly are we talking about?

Roslin: It's a marker that was left behind by the Thirteenth Tribe. It's supposed to point the way to Earth.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 02:47 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 19 November 2018