Friday, November 09, 2018

First Snow



Today's the first time I've seen snow falling so far this new season approaching winter. There could have been instances before today and in recent weeks that I didn't see. Doubt there was anything as heavy as today. The earliest snowfall I've witnessed around here was an October 28th in a previous season.

4 more FEET of accumulation on average to go before next Spring-time here in Spokane.

Next Spring. Ugh. I have been absolutely convinced I have to stay here. Now April will be here again before I know it and the usual will happen.

For years I have been driven by some sort of subconscious compulsion that I have to - HAVE TO - stay here.

I've published a lot of details explaining circumstances beyond my control that I followed and that led me here where I have been, now beginning next December my 6th winter here consecutively. I've never lived here in the winter time before I moved here in September 2013. I lived for about six months at the nearby Crossland and that was back in the summer of 2004. That was when my 878 photo was taken. That all seems almost mystical to me now, as though I am living in a different universe, that photo of me, which I vividly recall in my mind, was of a person completely different from the person I am now, a person who was me but not me and that I now possess vivid and vague memories of that person, who was me.

One of the excuses that formed in my mind for not moving away from this same place I've been since September 2013 is because this was new construction when I moved in. I can't afford a new house. I can't afford an old house. The rationalization formed in my mind and I thought about it several times that the advantage of living in new construction is that the ghosts of deceased prior residents will never come here and invade my sleeping dreams. That notion was recently systematized in my mind when I recently read the first two books of Justin Cronin's "The Passage" trilogy novels. Those "taken up" always return.

There was a reference to Churchill that came up during my work on the code pattern for this date. Only after making this post and then reading back through the text did I remember that. I couldn't think of any relevance for it at the time. A short while after making this post I went back and found it and then updated this post with it.








http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


Later, Eli Wallace has joined the others on the Bridge. Young activates his radio.

YOUNG: Lieutenant Scott, report to the Bridge.

SCOTT (over radio): Yes, sir.

WALLACE: How could they have known when or where we were gonna come out of F.T.L. - or, for that matter, drop them right beside us? This is impossible.

YOUNG: And there they are.

BRODY: If it's them.

YOUNG: That's a fair question. Do you think that we could electronically compare the voice we are getting from the shuttle to an old Kino recording of Caine?

WALLACE: OK, trust me: these aliens built a planet from scratch and can just throw a shuttle between galaxies. I'm pretty sure they could impersonate Caine if they wanted to!

VOLKER: Boone used to do a pretty good Caine.

BRODY: I thought it was the other way around.

YOUNG: So, what? We take them for their word? They are who they say they are and ignore the possibility that this could be a ruse to get by our defences?

WALLACE: Like a Trojan horse?

RUSH: The truth is, with aliens that can do this, defences are meaningless.

YOUNG: Wouldn't mind having a working shuttle again.

RUSH: Well, there is that. I suggest we invite them on board, take every precaution.

(Nodding, Young re-activates the comms.)

YOUNG: Sorry for the delay, Doctor Caine. I've asked Lieutenant Scott to come and help talk you through the docking procedure.

CAINE: I don't even drive a car.

BRODY: Just what a Trojan would say!

WALLACE: The guys in the horse were Greek!

BRODY: Well, then, why's it Trojan horse, then? Beause they're from Troy!

WALLACE: Because ...

YOUNG: You guys done?









DSC00692.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00694.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00696.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00705.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00709.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00710.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00714.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00715.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00718.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018




DSC00719.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 09 November 2018








From 11/23/2010 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Universe"::"Visitation" ) To 11/9/2018 is 2908 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 10/19/1973 ( premiere US film "The Way We Were" ) is 2908 days



From 3/9/1960 ( premiere US TV series "Pony Express" ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 19365 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/9/2018 is 19365 days



From 2/14/1924 ( Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company formally changes name to International Business Machines Corporation ) To 11/9/2018 is 34602 days

34602 = 17301 + 17301

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005 and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 17301 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 11/9/2018 is 10100 days

10100 = 5050 + 5050

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/31/1979 ( premiere US film "Time After Time" ) is 5050 days



From 11/27/1960 ( premiere US TV series "Winston Churchill: The Valiant Years"::series premiere episode "The Gathering Storm" ) To 11/9/2018 is 21166 days

21166 = 10583 + 10583

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/24/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 10583 days



From 10/24/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 11/9/2018 is 8782 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/18/1989 ( premiere US TV series episode "Tour of Duty"::"Thanks for the Memories" ) is 8782 days





https://youtu.be/3bIL6QME6UU

YouTube

Kerry Burgess

09 November 2018

00015 11 09 2018








http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


In Camille's room, she has Caine under hypnosis. His eyes are closed. Young is standing nearby.

WRAY: What do you see?

CAINE: Snow is falling.

(Inside his head, he is standing about a dozen paces away from the rear of the shuttle. The snow has been falling for some time and he has left deep footprints behind him. Wrapped in a blanket, he gazes up at the sky, realising that it doesn't look like it's going to stop snowing any time soon. He lowers his head unhappily and turns back towards the ship.)

CAINE (on Destiny): The shuttle is our only shelter now.

(A couple of blankets have been hung over the doorway and Caine pushes through to where the rest of the crew are wrapped in more blankets and huddled around a tiny fire in a metal bowl. All of them are shuddering.)

CAINE (on Destiny): It's so cold. We lost power days ago.

(He looks around at his friends, who stare back at him as they tremble with the cold. All of them have sores on their faces. Peter's gaze is more than a little accusing.)

CAINE (on Destiny): Something vital has broken and none of us know how to fix it. It's airtight, so we have to leave the door ajar or we'll suffocate. We still have some food, and Peter has made some candles to keep us warm. They provide enough light to read and share our evening meal.








http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


Dr. CAINE: Listen, I heard that you've learned what Destiny's original mission was.

Dr. RUSH: Yes, we have.

CAINE: In search of a message from the moment of creation?

RUSH: Oh, I don't know about "message". "Fingerprints" might be a better word - a sign that some intelligence may have had a hand in all of this.

CAINE: The hand of God?

(Nicholas laughs.)

RUSH: I don't know about that either, I'm afraid. I'm a scientist. I'd go so far as to call it evidence of an intelligence having existed prior to its own potential to exist.

CAINE: Ah, you just can't bring yourself to call it a miracle, can you?

RUSH: No, actually.

CAINE: Well, I'd like to hear more.

RUSH: Oh, why bother? Call it God's will and you needn't give it another thought.








http://www.tv.com/shows/pony-express/the-story-of-julesburg-660421/

tv.com

Pony Express Season 1 Episode 0

Aired Mar 09, 1960

AIRED: 3/9/60








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070903/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Way We Were (1973)

Release Info

USA 16 October 1973 (New York City, New York) (premiere)
USA 17 October 1973 (New York City, New York)
USA 19 October 1973








http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-universe/visitation-1361152/

tv.com


Stargate Universe Season 2 Episode 9

Visitation

Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

Episode Summary

The Destiny crew members who chose to remain on the alien planet somehow cross the galactic void to meet with Young and the others. Meanwhile, Chloe prepares for her final transformation.

AIRED: 11/23/10








http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10

The new arrivals have been taken to a small holding cell. A Kino is floating above their heads and Young, Eli and Camille Wray are watching the live footage from Eli's room. The comms are open so that the two groups can talk to each other.

YOUNG: So that's the last thing you remember: going to sleep in the shuttle.

CAINE: And that it was cold. It was winter. We were using it as a shelter. I remember closing my eyes, and then we were delivered here by a greater power.

YOUNG: The aliens who created the planet, you mean.

CAINE: Or by providence.

WRAY: Are you suggesting that God did this?

CAINE: Is that you, Camille?

WRAY: Yes.

CAINE: It's nice to hear your voice. Uh, well, of course there's no way of knowing His will, but I do know that I prayed every night before I went to sleep that He would keep us safe.

WALLACE: So ... magic, then.

CAINE: You have to admit that our arrival here is nothing less than miraculous, Eli.

(Eli, who has been looking increasingly uncomfortable as the conversation has progressed, now shuts off the comms and talks over his shoulder to Young.)

WALLACE: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.

YOUNG: "Turn the mic back on." Winston Churchill.

WALLACE (frowning): Really?

(Young gestures towards the screen, where Peter is shouting at the Kino. Eli turns the sound back on.)

PETER: ... are you gonna keep us here?

VAL: We haven't done anything.

YOUNG: Try to be patient. You'll be released once you've all undergone a physical examination one at a time.

CAINE: But we're perfectly fine.

YOUNG: Well, forgive me if I don't take your word for that. The more answers we have, the less precautions we'll have to take.

(He switches the comms off, and looks at Eli.)

YOUNG: Let's keep an eye on 'em.

(Eli nods, and Young leaves the room.)








http://www.tv.com/shows/tour-of-duty/thanks-for-the-memories-47050/

tv.com

Tour of Duty Season 3 Episode 8

Thanks for the Memories

Aired Nov 18, 1989 on CBS

AIRED: 11/18/89








http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


(He jolts and opens his eyes, the hypnosis broken.)

CAINE: Next thing I remember is waking up on the shuttle and seeing Destiny out the window.

(He looks down and flexes his hands as if they're cold. Young walks closer to him.)

YOUNG: Is that all?

CAINE: I wish I had more answers for you.

YOUNG: Me too.

(He turns to walk away and Camille gets up to go and talk with him.)

CAINE: But you won't have to drop me off at the next planet, Colonel.

(They turn back to him.)

CAINE: I expect I'll be dead before you come back out of F.T.L.

WRAY: You don't know that.

CAINE: Yes, I do. Because now I remember something that no-one ever should.

(He sighs and looks up at the others

CAINE: I'm already dead.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 4:26 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 09 November 2018