Monday, November 26, 2018

Moebius




stargate-sg1_season8-ep19_00h25m51s.jpg








From 6/7/1979 ( Anne McClain ) To 10/21/2018 is 14381 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/18/2005 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Moebius" ) is 14381 days








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/10/stargate_21.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 2:20 AM

Homeless Veteran Of Microsoft

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2018

Stargate

September 19th. That was the day I watched the first episode of "The First" on hulu.com.

Just after midnight today I started watching the second episode and more as long as I could stay awake. Most of this post I created while episode 3 was streaming on my other desktop. Several days ago I discovered the 7/27/1997 association.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_one_hundred-dollar_bill



From 7/27/1997 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate SG-1"::series premiere episode "Children of the Gods" ) To 10/21/2018 is 7756 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/27/1987 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "Date Enrolled" Terrier Mk152 Computer Complex, Naval Guided Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) is 7756 days



From 7/29/1951 ( premiere US film "Let's Go Navy!" ) To 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) is 19346 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/21/2018 is 19346 days


exceprt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 2:20 AM SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2018








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7571918/

IMDb

The First (2018– )

What's Needed

TV-MA 45min Drama, Sci-Fi Episode aired 14 September 2018

Season 1 Episode 2



TV Show Episode Scripts > The First (2018) > Season 1 > What's Needed

The First (2018) s01e02 Episode Script

What's Needed

(from internet transcript)

Did he ever tell you how much he hated me? No, sir.
What did he say about us? He never spoke to me about his family.
You see? Your son loved what he did that I know.
Here.
I'm gonna show you.
Video.
P Foxtrot Four.
Back to start.
You, too.
- Sync video.
- [BEEPS] - Sync video.
- [BEEPS] Play.
The aurora.
At that altitude, you can touch it.
Every color colors you've never seen before and lights moving all around you.
The universe.
And it's right there.
And I always think of Sagan's words "Everyone you ever heard of, every human being that ever was, lived out their lives on a mote of dust, suspended in a sun beam.
" And your boy rode that beam.
And the two of you gave him a life that let him live that dream.








Other posts by me on this topic includes: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/03/moebius.html


From 12/7/1984 ( premiere US film "2010" ) To 3/18/2005 is 7406 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/1986 ( from my official United States Navy documents: departing as FC3 Kerry Wayne Burgess US Navy I was permanently transferred from USS Taylor FFG 50 Charleston South Carolina for US Navy Advanced Electronics Field course of curriculum for the Fire Controlman occupational rating ) is 7406 days


http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/the-siege-1-364395/

tv.com

Stargate Atlantis Season 1 Episode 19

The Siege (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2005 on Syfy

AIRED: 3/18/05

http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/moebius-1-364717/

tv.com

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 Episode 19

Moebius (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 18, 2005 on Syfy

AIRED: 3/18/05

http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/colonial-day-381067/

tv.com

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Episode 11

Colonial Day

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2005 on Syfy

AIRED: 3/18/05








http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-20/local/me-30716_1_tough-love

Los Angeles Times

Tough Love From NASA's Top Official

Innovation: Administrator Daniel Goldin tells scientists their work isn't good enough--and many of them agree with him.

February 20, 1997 K.C. COLE TIMES SCIENCE WRITER

Visiting two high kingdoms of Southern California research this week, NASA chief Daniel Goldin brought his tough love show to town. And his subjects ate it up.

Brandishing a style unlike any of his predecessors, the cowboy-booted space honcho came down hard on engineers at USC and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, saying that the work they are doing "isn't good enough."

Goldin took the occasion of National Engineering Week to lambaste his own kind for hanging on to a "narrow nerd mentality" in danger of producing "robots and zombies."

"I want to get astronauts to Mars," he said. "I don't want to wait 30 years. We're not moving fast enough."

While engineers at NASA's JPL in Pasadena and USC's Integrated Media Systems center (funded by the National Science Foundation) tried to show off their latest virtual spacecraft and face-recognition computers, the NASA chief constantly interrupted the well-planned presentations to challenge, scold and preach about the limits about linear thinking.

"We're on the line," he told his hosts at USC. Vice President Al Gore demanded last week that airplane crashes had to be reduced by 80%, he reminded them. "We have an aircraft go down, or a spacecraft fail . . . and we don't know why it goes down."

At the same time, he worried, no one is working on the kind of next-generation computer software needed to run a complex enterprise like the planned international space station. "I get the chills just thinking about what could go wrong," he said. "Here we are at JPL," which he described as the "kingdom" and "the forefront" of high-tech know-how. "And they're not doing it here. If we can't do better than this, we're not going to lead the 21st century."

If Goldin's fellow engineers were somewhat shellshocked by his frontal, frenetic approach, they have also gotten accustomed to their leader's blunt, confrontational style. Indeed, his unsatisfactory assessment of the state of their work only seemed to inspire them.

"The time we spent with [Goldin] was one of the most invigorating intellectual adventures of my entire scientific career," said USC's Armand Tanguay, deputy director of the media systems center.

What's needed most, Goldin said, are tools that can run complex space programs, and fly (and design) spacecraft and aircraft by computer. "Our toolbox is empty," he said.








https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/gonzaga-prep-inducts-local-astronaut-to-hall-of-fame/293-512779844

KREM 2 News CBS Spokane

Gonzaga Prep inducts local astronaut to Hall of Fame

Anne McClain left a taped message for the people of Spokane from her training in Russia.

Author: Ryan Simms

Published: 5:06 AM PST January 30, 2018

Updated: 10:26 AM PST January 30, 2018

SPOKANE, Wash.—A local woman was added to the Gonzaga Prep Hall of Fame after she reached her dreams of becoming an astronaut for NASA.

The school where Anne McClain said her dreams of becoming an astronaut began honored her Monday night.

McClain was one of five people inducted into the Hall of Fame.

McClain left a taped message for the people of Spokane.

“I look forward to returning home after lower earth orbit on the international space station. Although I can't come home in person for a little while, know that when you look up I'll be flying over you, over the course of six months, over 2,000 times. So, look up in the night sky, thank you again,” said McClain.

McClain will be blasting off to the International Space Station November 15.









twitter_anne-mcclain_11-10-2018_1.jpg








Stargate SG-1 - Moebius (part 1) - television series Season 8 Episode 19 - Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 18, 2005 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)


DESERT. The team are making their way back to the time ship. They round a sand dune and then duck down at the sound of voices. Looking cautiously over the top of the dune, they see that part of the time ship is now visible, covered in sand. Many Jaffa are surrounding it.

CARTER: Oh my God!

O'NEILL: Alright, we've got a little problem here.

JACKSON: Must have been a sandstorm during the night.

TEAL'C: The Jaffa will soon call for reinforcements if they have not already done so. We must move quickly.

(As Jack reaches for his sidearm, Sam grabs his arm.)

CARTER: Sir, we can't.

O'NEILL: We've taken on more Jaffa than that.

CARTER: You know what I mean. This is exactly the sort of high-impact event we're supposed to avoid.

TEAL'C: They have the ship. Will that not alter the future more than anything that we could do?

CARTER: Not necessarily. They don't know what it is, and even if they did, they can't use it. None of them have the gene -- even Ra won't be able to make it work.

JACKSON: So what are we supposed to do?

CARTER: Nothing.

O'NEILL: Nothing?!

CARTER: Well, close to it.

O'NEILL: No, here's a better idea: we take back our ship!

CARTER: Sir, if we kill those Jaffa or, worse, get captured, we could alter the future immeasurably. If you're thinking we can go forward and then back again ...

O'NEILL: Just a couple of days! Then we park that thing where nobody can find it.

CARTER: We alter this timeline, and the future is already different. We could set into motion a spiral of changes that we could never fix. We've already done too much. I'm sorry, sir -- I should never have allowed us to do this.

(The team carefully gets up, moves away and starts to walk across the desert.)

O'NEILL: So, what? We live out the rest of our lives here?

CARTER: Well, we know there's gonna be a rebellion eventually. The human slaves rise up and Ra abandons Earth. Daniel learned that on Abydos nine years ago. When it happens, there is a chance that we could get the Jumper back without creating too big a ripple in the events of this timeline.

O'NEILL: When does that happen?

JACKSON: I don't know the exact date -- it could be years.

O'NEILL: What?! Years?!

CARTER: Sir, we don't have a choice.

O'NEILL: Carter, what about the Z.P.M.? I mean, if we wait, we lose any chance of getting it back to our time.

CARTER: Preserving the timeline is more important.

O'NEILL: For all you know, things could get better!

CARTER: Or they could be worse! We can't take that chance.

JACKSON: Well, I know a way we can get the Z.P.M. back to our time even if we don't. About a month before we left, there was an archaeological dig that uncovered a first dynasty tomb near Giza. All we have to do is bury the Z.P.M. in that tomb, let them find it, and maybe our future selves won't have to take on this mission!

CARTER: Wow! That's bizarre, but it just might work.

O'NEILL: Carter, a lot of good people died when Anubis attacked Earth. I don't think their families would mind if we futzed with the timeline a little.

CARTER: Sir, I know this is hard for you; your instincts are to change things -- make things better -- but for once that's exactly what we can't do. We have to let things play out exactly the way they're meant to.








1978 film "Capricorn One" DVD video:

01:58:08

The President of the United States: Ladies and Gentleman. Mrs. Brubaker. Mrs. Willis. Mrs. Walker. My fellow Americans. I come here today to talk of unfinished hopes and of unfilled dreams.








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, May 5, 2006 9:26 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: The Simpsons: September 24, 1995

[I can't remember when I started that contract job at Microsoft. I'm thinking it was exactly two months after the release of Windows 95. I took a job providing telephone support for users of Windows 95. Anyway, I've been thinking about this episode for the past few weeks.]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_Man_%28The_Simpsons_episode%29
[...]
• Chief Wiggum (releases dogs to search for Milhouse): "Okay, we can all stop worrying now, these dogs never fail."
Milhouse's Dad: "But...will they just find Milhouse, or will they find him and kill him?"
Chief Wiggum: "Well, they'll... when they find him, they'll... um, um..." [mumbles incoherently]
Milhouse's Dad: "Uh, excuse me, you didn't answer me, you just trailed off."
Chief Wiggum: "Yeah...yeah, I did kind of trail off, there, didn't I?"
• Bart: "Yo, Dr. S, have you seen Milhouse today?"
Dr. S: "No."
Bart: "Okay, thanks."
Dr. S: "Wait! Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of Spirograph and the rise in gang activity? Think about it."
Bart: "I will."
Dr. S: "No, you won't."








From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2006 excerpt ends]








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:35 PM

To: Nancy Pelosi

Subject: Fw: Sleep journal 5/13/06

I wasn't writing very much as this point about my new thoughts, although I did start writing a lot in my journal about it around this time. I think back and I was primarily puzzling over my memories of the places I "remembered" that I used to live. I think it was actually Wexford Drive that got me thinking that my memories were completely false. I started searching on the internet for something about Wexford and I found something right away and even before I began reading about John Barry, I knew that the detail about Wexford was going to have some profound meaning to me. I also think there is some part of my true identity that is very bored and has been locked into a room with only a small window to try to yell through. The people who locked me in there are at least now standing outside the door and listening to me as best they can but I don't understand why they won't let me out. Or I do understand. But I don't understand why they aren't working harder to complete whatever is their assignment that will allow me to finish my assignment. Or something like that. I have to wait. But why should I have to wait? Why is it that I have to sacrifice so much in terms of losing all these years away from the people I care about? Why is this all so backwards? I am the crime victim. I am the target of the identity thieves. Why can I not even go home? Why am I again a Prisoner of War as a member of the United States Navy and on an official United States federal undercover assignment? Why is this all so backwards?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 August 2007 excerpt ends]








From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 4:45 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 26 November 2018