Friday, May 18, 2007

"an official fixture"

I took note of this detail because 11/2/1965 is the birthday associated with my official federal undercover identity. The date 11/2/1975 is also when I launched on my mission to intercept the comet in the outer solar system.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 28, 2006

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/060728-N-9362D-140.jpg
Image: 060728-N-9362D-140.jpg
Description: Last launch of the F-14 Tomcat.

Atlantic Ocean (July 28, 2006) – Aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), an F-14D Tomcat assigned to the "Tomcatters" of Fighter Squadron Three One (VF-31), aircraft number 112, accelerates down the ship’s number three catapult during the final launch of an F-14 Tomcat fighter aircraft. The last launch marks the end of an era for Naval Aviation. The F-14 will officially retire in September 2006, after 32 years of service to the fleet.


Here's a "Rex" again. I wrote a while back about that memory I have of when we lived in the Marine base housing in McAlester, OK. Our babysitter's father was kidding me that Kerry was a girl's name and mom suggested that his name, Rex, was a dog's name.

http://bond.senate.gov/services/dogs.cfm

Ronald Reagan (1981-1989): Reagan's first dog as President was Lucky, a giant sheepdog. Lucky quickly grew too big for Nancy Reagan to control. Often it was Lucky that would take the First Lady on a walk and not the other way around, so the Reagans had to send him to the family ranch in Santa Barbara, California where Lucky would have plenty of room to roam. Reagan soon replaced Lucky with a smaller dog, Rex, a King Charles spaniel.


http://bond.senate.gov/services/dogs.cfm

George Bush (1989-1993): ... Millie gave birth to six puppies in 1989


George W. Bush (2001- ): The new President has two dogs to romp around the White House grounds. Spot is an 11-year old springer spaniel, and one of Millie's pups.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data%27s_Day_%28TNG_episode%29

Airdate January 07, 1991

...marks the first appearance of Spot, Data's pet cat.


http://www.presidentialpetmuseum.com/presidents/40RR.htm
...
In foreign policy, Reagan sought to achieve "peace through strength." ... Reagan declared war against international terrorism


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4179618/

Transcript for Feb. 8th
Guest: President George W. Bush
NBC News
Updated: 9:16 a.m. PT Feb 13, 2004
...
I don't think America can stand by and hope for the best from a madman, and I believe it is essential — I believe it is essential — that when we see a threat, we deal with those threats before they become imminent. It's too late if they become imminent. It's too late in this new kind of war, and so that's why I made the decision I made.


George W. should have spent more time in the library in the 80s than in the bars.


http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c3488-10a.jpg

Mrs. Reagan with her dog "Victory" at Rancho Del Cielo. 8/13/81.


July 29, 2006

Imprisonment continues.


So you wouldn't find it offensive if I broke your nose one day and then your legs the next day. The law isn't so clear on that either. Sleazeballs like you interefere with people's ability to do their work and you create an environment that disrupts their major life activities. So if you won't change, and you continue to disrupt other peoples major life activities, I should be able to respond appropriately if you do something like that to me. An appropriate response, minimally, is to break your nose and start from there until your "free-thinking" no longer is a disruption to my life.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14082498/page/3/
...
But is the law really so clear? Should a creative environment like American Apparel be held to the same standards as a buttoned-down law firm? This is a different time, where the line between offensive and free-thinking is growing narrower every day.


http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=24913

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/060728-N-7241L-004.jpg

ABOARD USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (NNS) -- A long, storied chapter in naval aviation history came to a close July 28 with the final aircraft carrier flight operations for F-14 Tomcats, fighter jets that have spent more than 32 years in the fleet but are now retiring and making room for F/A-18E/F Super Hornets.

The final aircraft carrier operational launch for Tomcats happened aboard the Norfolk-based Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) when aircraft No. 112 from the “Tomcatters” of Fighter Squadron (VF) 31, piloted by Lt. Blake Coleman and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Cmdr. Dave Lauderbaugh, made its way down catapult No. 3 at 4:42 p.m.

“Bittersweet is a perfect term for this,” said Tomcatters' Commanding Officer, Cmdr. Jim Howe. “As a career F-14 pilot, I would be much happier flying the Tomcat until the end of my days in the Navy. But instead we have to enjoy this as long as we can.”



When Tavener showed me that video back in July 2002, I told Vince later that I wanted to kick his ass but it would as easy as beating up a little girl and I didn't find any thing comforting about that. I had a similar dream the other night. I was sitting with a group of people, but not sure where it was. It seemed to be something Microsoft related, as though I was still working there, but I didn't recognize the location. Bill Gates walked up, I think I had been expecting to talk to him. He looked at me with a glare that I thought was humorous. I got up and went to talk to him. We were standing someplace that did look familar. It looked like that area where the company store is located. I saw on the news the other day that he was giving some kind of speech over there. When he and I were talking, we were standing on that side street that runs next to the company store. Then, we were talking in a place that was a little ways down the street in what I guess was a park. It sort of reminded me of the downtown CDA park but as I remember it in the dream, I was still near the company store. I can't remember what we spoke of, but at some point, I was throwing him around like a rag doll. I hate the thought of beating up someone that is so wimpy. I killed him at one point and then threw his corpse behind some wall. A maintenance worker find his body seconds after that though although he couldn't see me as I was on higher ground, some kind of embankment. The dream ended and I regretted killing Bill Gates because I knew the cops would know I did it. They would question everyone in the park and I am not a very good liar. I did not regret killing Bill Gates, I just regretted getting caught killing Bill Gates.


Was I part of this squadron? This aircraft even has "A J" painted on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-14

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/F-14-vf-84.jpg

An F-14A of VF-84 Jolly Rogers, in the old color scheme from the beginning of its service.