Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Taking names..."

I find it curious that this incident occured the same day as the HMS Sheffield was hit with me onboard. I noted earlier about a woman I was working with at Microsoft who told me she was from Turkey. I also have some artificial memories about Turkey that I don't fully understand yet. As for that woman at Microsoft from Turkey, we called her A.J. but her name was listed in the Microsoft employee email address book as Ecea. I can't remember her last name. She had a distinct resemblance to "Anankin Skywalker's" mother in the recent "Star Wars" movies. Ecea, or A.J., was also pregnant when I started working with her.


Statement by Deputy Press Secretary Speakes on the Assassination of Turkish Honorary Consul General Orhan Gunduz

May 5th, 1982

President Reagan profoundly deplores the cowardly assassination of Turkish Honorary Consul General Orhan Gunduz in Massachusetts last night. He has directed Federal law enforcement agencies to take every appropriate measure in cooperation with local authorities in Massachusetts to apprehend those responsible for this vicious act.

The President is determined that the U.S. Government will provide no quarter for individuals or organizations engaged in terrorist activity. The Government and people of Turkey are our friends, and we join with them in mourning the loss of Consul General Gunduz and in condemning those responsible for his death.


Terrorism in the United States
...
1982 May 4: Turkish Honorary Consul Orhan Gunduz was assassinated in his car in Somerville, Massachusetts by the Justice Commandos Against Armenian Genocide.
























http://www.landfallnavigation.com/





















http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/landfallnav_1949_26439114
http://www.spadout.com/wiki/images/MH_Ev3.jpg



In the artificial and symbolic memories I write of below, the tent had water on the floor and Kevin said it was because the horse had licked the side of the tent, causing it to leak. What I think that means is that some of us spent at least one night on the ocean in a life raft, which is similar in appearance to a tent. There was probably somebody that woke up and didn't know where he was and I remember that I or someone else explained we were floating in a liferaft because the HMS Sheffield had been hit by anti-ship missiles from an enemy jet. There was also the other morning around that time when we camped out further away from the house. One of my step-brothers was complaining about how cold it was as I was leading the group. I can still almost visualize several of us walking in single file through those fields with me in the lead. The notion of my half-brother, Kevin, I believe, reflects in these particular "memories" that I was with the Royal Navy and I assume this is mostly about the war in the Falklands in 1982.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
July 21, 2006
...
I have been wondering for a few hours today, maybe yesterday too, about a couple memories I have as Kerry Burgess in the Navy. Actually, there are several memories counted the ones that started this train of thought. I think it started early this morning or last night when I started thinking again about those training exercises in Charleston while on the Taylor. I wrote about them a couple years ago. One was that boiler room fire exercise and the other was the simulated missile strike on our ship where we then had to patch the hole to stop the flooding. I can still hear, or so it seems, the loud clanging noise from when the exercise started by someone outside the ship compartment mock-up hitting on the side with a sledgehammer. Then I remembered another time on the Taylor when we were out to sea. It was the first time the Taylor fired a missile. I was in the forward repair locker at the time which was directly under the missile launcher. I told someone later that when the missile fired, it felt as though someone had hit me on the top of my helmet with a sledgehammer. I wonder if I am remembering too very different incidents. The first, in the flooding compartment exercise, combined with the smoke-filled boiler room fire, is actually my deflected memories of being on the Sheffield when it was hit. That loud clanging sound wasn't a sledgehammer outside the compartment, rather it was the Exocet hitting the side of the ship. The boiler room fire exercise was actually the fire on the Exocet. My memory of an earlier experience with my half-brother and step-brothers and the tent outside in the rain represents our evacuation of the Sheffield and waiting to be rescued. As for the first missile firing from the Taylor and the sledgehammer to my helmet, I am wondering again about some thoughts of having the canopy blown off my aircraft from a close missile explosion. Maybe the explains something on the top of my head. At first I told myself that I should have some memories to explain what is that feature on my head, which I did not. But then I did remember something, something about a tender spot on my head from long, long ago. That may be why something caught my attention a couple years ago. I made note of it at the time, something about that WW1 German pilot, Richthofen, the Red Baron, and how he sustained a head injury in combat.



I found this comment on the internet and found it curious, considering that it could be a very accurate description of my career in the U.S. Navy:

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
July 15, 2006
...
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/stealthfighter/
STEALTH FIGHTER
Rated R
Copyright 1999 Stealth Fighter Productions.

This movie has issues. In fact, it might boast more errors and problems than any other military show I have ever seen, including JAG! I've been looking for a Navy lawyer who used to be with the Seals and is an ace pilot for years. No luck so far.




Early in 1999, the original recruiter who offered me a job at Microsoft, I forget his name now, said something like this to me one day walking down the hallway. He said something about me being "everywhere." I quipped in return off the top of my head "everywhere you want to be."

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
http://nikon.bungie.org/bborgarch.html

June 27, 1999

Another Blam sighting! Omer Shenker writes:

I don't remember if this has been mentioned, but Acrappa pointed me to a Blam Sighting in the Myth: TFL manual. If you look at the screenshot on page 30, you'll notice a 4-person coop on Crow's Bridge named "blam ding".

Blam... It's Everywhere! ;-)



Thomas Dawkins, my last manager when I was a Technical Account Manager with Microsoft Premier Support for Enterprise, said this same thing back in 1999. He explained to another person that Suzanne Morgan and her husband were "DINKs."

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
http://nikon.bungie.org/bborgarch.html

Mar 2, 1999

Miguel Chavez writes:

This is, I'm sure, way off topic, but DINK is known here in the states to stand for "Double Income, No Kids."

You would use this acronym when referring to a pair of employed 20 or 30-somethings that are living together or married, but sans kids. This couple, the thinking goes, would be raking in money since their living expenses would be quite low.

There are other, equally bizarre, acronyms for other sorts of stereotypical U. S. American social categories. All are offshoots of the typical Classified Ad-speak that we've all come to know and love. SWF, DWF, GMM, etc. (you figger it out :)

Just more info for the story page! :-) (Maybe BLAM stands for something as well?)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
Something about "blam" seems really familiar. I want to say that Jim Shea used to say that sometimes.



Is this why the first manager to interview me at Microsoft was named Vern? And did they ship him off to Singapore because he was also evidence?

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:
...
http://www.chips.navy.mil/archives/02_summer/authors/index2_files/simulation.htm

Task Force EXCEL is the catalyst for the Revolution in Training, the Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Vern Clark’s number one initiative for the year