Friday, May 18, 2007

The line for claims of incompetence closed long ago and you were not in it.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 2, 2006
When I wrote yesterday about Snake Plissken being a glider pilot, I forgot to note another thought on that topic. I have wondered if I ran out of fuel on the return from Osirak and had to land the F-16 unpowered in the desert.

...

This seems familar, or interesting for some unexplainable reason:

http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/&3_shttlovrvw.htm
http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/images/gen_graphics/CloseOutPhoto2.jpg
...
It makes absolutely no sense to route wiring that originates near the rear part of the wing at the elevon actuators up and around the leading edge. All of the other wiring from that area is routed directly to the main cable tray that runs the length of the fuselage, see any of the diagrams to the right.

Closeout photos, see below, show how cables originating from sensors near the leading edge of the wing are routed to the side of the fuselage where they are bundled into a harness which then travels towards the rear of the wing where it enters the main cable tray.

When I look at the image on the right-hand side, I am reminded very clearly of a photo I took on the USS Taylor. I am absolutely convinced that the photo from the Taylor was shown to me specifically to deflect my memory about being in areas such as this on the space shuttle. The photo from the Taylor was taken while standing outside the berthing compartment that Ship's Control division was assigned to and I think it was on the main deck, the same deck as the mess deck. The photo was taken standing outside the hatch to that berthing compartment and that ladder that runs up to the deck above was to my left. The photo was looking down the passageway towards the mess deck. There was a lot of cabling to the right, which was the port side hull of the frigate. I am absolutely convinced I have been in the space shuttle and looking at this location. I just can't remember it.

http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/images/gen_graphics/CloseOutPhoto1.jpg

...

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/season4/tng-401.txt

STAR TREK: "Worlds" Part Two - REV. 7/6/90 - ACT TWO

ACT ONE

FADE IN:

8 EXT. SPACE - THE ENTERPRISE (OPTICAL)

Alone... The Borg ship is gone.

RIKER (V.O.)
First Officer's Log, Stardate
43999.1. The Borg ship has
resumed its course toward Earth.
We are unable to pursue pending
repairs to the Enterprise.

...

I wonder what this means to me? I would have been a freshman cadet, or properly for me, a freshman midshipman, in 1978 and 1979. 1978 is the first year of Ironman Hawaii. 1979 is the year Tom Watson is listed as the winner of Ironman Hawaii.

HANSON
Lieutenant... a few years ago,
I watched a freshman cadet pass
four upper classman on the last
hill of the forty kilometer run
on Danula Two... damndest thing
I ever saw... only freshman to
ever win the Academy marathon.
I made it my business to get to
know that young fellow... got to
know him very very well


Danula II


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
...
The first IRONMAN TRIATHLON was held in 1978 Honolulu, Hawaii until 1980.

Route summary
Start: Oneula Beach, Hawaii
End: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Total distance: 21.9 mi
Estimated time: 32 Minutes

Route summary
Start: Oneula Beach, HI
End: Waikiki, HI
Total distance: 24.7 mi
Estimated time: 36 Minutes

Route summary
Start: Kuhio Beach County Park
End: Oneula Beach Park
Total distance: 25.7 mi



Oh, yeah. I forgot about this horseshit too. What a freaking moronic idea.

http://foi.missouri.edu/totalinfoaware/pquits.html

Poindexter Will Be Quitting Over Terrorism Betting Plan

By Eric Schmitt
The New York Times
August 1, 2003

WASHINGTON, July 31 — The official who oversaw a plan for the Pentagon to run a terrorist futures-trading market is resigning under pressure, a senior Defense Department official said today.

John M. Poindexter, a retired rear admiral who was President Ronald Reagan's national security adviser, is stepping down "within a few weeks," the defense official said, after the disclosure of a proposal that outraged lawmakers and embarrassed senior Pentagon officials. The plan was to create an online trading parlor that would have rewarded investors who forecast terrorist attacks, assassinations and coups.

...
"The problem is more than the fact that Admiral Poindexter was put in charge of these projects," Senator Patrick J. Leahy, Democrat of Vermont, said in a statement. "The problem is that these projects were just fine with the administration until the public found out about them."

...

According to an image on this page, the shuttle tread width is almost 23 feet. That would be the distance from one side of the tire to the opposite side of the other tire.

http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/&0_shttlovrvw.htm


I wanted to write about something else a few days ago that I forget to mention that seems relevant. I was writing about the time, which seems associated with STS-1, when the toilet backed up in that house on De Quincy. It had overflowed onto the floor and all the tiles on the bathroom floor started coming unglued and after a short period, were completely attached. I remember, for some reason, that mom laughed about how I fixed it. I started nailing down the tiles until I ran out of nails. She thought that was funny and I wondered why. I thought it was a good idea. She said she was going to get the landlord to fix them. I started thinking yesterday that I am remembering something about the heat shield tiles on the shuttle but I'm not sure what this memory actually represents. If I'm not mistaken, the shuttle tiles are glued, just as those bathroom floor tiles were supposed to be. Maybe I remembering some kind of suggestion I made to bolt down the missing tiles as we prepared to return to Earth in 1981.

And I must not have been badly hurt after that supposed fall from the landing shuttle because I apparently was flying over Baghdad only a couple months later.

...

August 4, 2006


If I did fall out of Columbia on 4/14/81 and deployed a parachute, that would explain the scars on the top and back of my legs. The parchute harness would probably create those kinds of injuries. And I've been thinking it wasn't a static line, rather a tether. I have been thinking that I, similar to that Rambo movie, had to cut the line and I was being thrown against the wing after being thrown out. I wonder if that was the inpsiration for "Die Hard" where he almost gets dragged out the window of the building while that fire hose was tied around his waist.

...

Damn if this guy doesn't look just like a guy I worked with in Ship's Control division on the Taylor. Can't remember his name, we called him "Pops" because he was older than most of us. His last name may have been Olsen. When we had all been there longer enough to pursue other occupations, a process that for non-rated E-3's was called "striking," I chose Fire Controlman and he chose Intercommunications Technician, or IC. I spoke to him briefly after I was assigned to Wainwright and he was still on the Taylor, which was across the pier from us in Charleston, as an IC3.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/1984/Air_Force/DF-SC-84-03860.JPG

Air Force Colonel Gordon Fullerton, space SHUTTLE pilot on Columbia's third flight, watches as his pen floats in the zero-gravity environment of a low-earth orbit. Lacking a bumper, the "Air Force, A Great Way of Life" bumper sticker was put in the aft station of the orbiter's flight deck.

Camera Operator: NASA
Date Shot: 22 Mar 1982


I've been thinking I was on this flight too, that photo of Fullerton reinforces that belief, but I still don't remember actually being there. This flight would have been about a month before USNA82 graduation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-3
Mission: STS-3
Shuttle: Columbia
Launch: March 22, 1982
Landing: March 30, 1982

...

The worst part of having zero privacy for that last 8 years is that I know they had hidden cameras somewhere in the places I lived. They must have. If it was only listening devices, then how would they know it was me they were listening to? Were they listening for specific information or were they just listening to every sound I made?

...

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/002915.php

Tuesday :: Oct 19, 2004
Turdblossom Hits The Tarmac

by Steve Soto

Boy, Turdblossom sure knows how to have a good time with his Charlie McCarthy in the heat of a campaign.

Karl Rove laid himself on the line Monday for his boss, the president of the United States.

That is, he laid himself under the wheels of Air Force One. Reason: Unclear, but it seems to have been an inside joke between Rove and President Bush.

Returning to the aircraft after Bush's foreign policy speech, the two men traded words. As Bush climbed the stairs, his top political adviser set his briefcase down in front of the tires and stretched out on the ground with his back to the wheels.

Rove stood back up moments later; a smiling Bush waved from the plane and they both got aboard.

"It was a humorous moment on the campaign trail," was all Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel would say about Rove's antic.

Really? What could Rove and Bush have traded words about returning from an oversold ?major foreign policy? speech wherein Bush did nothing except mouth the same tired recycled lies about Kerry? Isn?t Rove happy that Bush is sticking to the same failing script day in, day out?



http://www.bluebus.org/archives/20041019_karl_rove_lays_.php
October 19, 2004
Karl Rove lays down under wheel of Air Force One

http://www.bluebus.org/roveplane.jpg


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44763-2004Oct19.html
By Dan Froomkin
Special to washingtonpost.com
Tuesday, October 19, 2004; 10:43 AM
...
Here's how David E. Sanger of the New York Times and Tamara Lipper of Newsweek described it in their pool report: Bush "helicoptered back to Air Force One, and began walking up the steps he paused and turned around a couple of times to talk to Karl Rove and other aides who were standing at the bottom of the stairs. Their conversation, apparently jocular, could not be heard. Whereupon Mr. Rove, court jester, walked over to the big wheels under the wing of AF1, put down his briefcase, and lay down directly in front of the wheels. (He must have heard about the latest polls.)

"In the end, Karl decided that it wasn't worth it, and that his legacy for this campaign should not be a stain on the runway. So he got up, returned the President's customary wave to the pool, and boarded the plane."


http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/19/politics/main650084.shtml

Top Bush Aide Does A Wheelie
McGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE, N.J., Oct. 19, 2004

(AP) Karl Rove laid himself on the line for his boss, the president of the United States.

That is, he laid himself under the wheels of Air Force One on Monday. Reason: Unclear, but it seems to have been an inside joke between Rove and President George W. Bush.

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2004/10/19/image650085x.jpg

Rove lays down in front of the landing gear of Air Force One. (AP)


I remember that day I saw that photo of Rove sitting in front of Air Force One. I wrote something in my journal similar to:

I don't get it. He's Tire'd?
Maybe: Rove, You're Tired!