Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Wish You Were Here"

She just looks so familiar in these photos. If not for the great feeling associated with that familiar unfamiliarity, I would feel frustrated about not knowing why I feel it. I can't begin to articulate my feeling about this. There is just something there I need to find. Something missing. It is my conscious memory of her. The feelings are there but the conscious awareness of where those feelings come from is missing. I assume she has her hair pulled back in that photos because her hair was a lot shorter when we got married. That's why I "remember" that Rachel had very short hair in my artificial and symbolic memory. I noted earlier that the blouse she is wearing resembles the comforter I slept under of many years when I was working at Microsoft to investigate the terrorists in control of that company and King County, Washington, among others.


























70455003


From 2/9/2007 to 3/3/2007 is: 22 days
From 3/3/2007 to 3/25/2007 is: 22 days

From 2/9/2007 to 3/25/2007 is: 44 days
44 * 0.5933 = 26
From 2/9/2007 to 3/7/2007 is: 26 days

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106767.html

Exit the King: Kevin Kline's Lear Closes March 25

The Public Theater's production of William Shakespeare's King Lear, starring Kevin Kline, closes March 25.

James Lapine directed the production, which began previews Feb. 9 and opened March 7.


I "remember" that Rachel had hair just as Phoebe does in this movie, "Date With An Angel." I still "remember" so much about Rachel, in my artificial and symbolic memory. I had talked to her a few times before we started seeing each other. She followed me into my office one day after we were talking in the cafe of the First Federal building and we were talking in there. I think that was the day we started seeing each other, which was actually later that night. I said something to Jim Shea later that I was thinking Rachel had a thing for me. He said something about how he was quite certain she was indeed very interested in me. I went looking for her and arranged for us to get together later that night and she came over to my apartment at Wexford. This all probably relates to Phoebe somehow but I am not sure how it all relates directly to us. For example, Rachel was living with another guy when we started dating. It could that detail represents me as both guys, but I am not certain. Or it just represents that mediocrity notion I have written of. My belief is that Phoebe has been so perfect for me in reality that I had to create imperfect relationships in my artificial memory so I could fully appreciate just how great she is.

http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/date_angel/

Hell, my "memories" may actually be jumbled with the movies she made. I might be confusing scenes from her movies with our real life together back then. It makes sense, but I don't know. It feels like I "remember" what I was taught to "remember." I might not even "remember" actual scenes from movies, I just "remember" something about her being the love interest of someone in a movie she was in. That's a very aggravating feeling.

I don't remember actually watching this movie, "Gremlins," but yet I feel as though I have. Was she an airline stewardess in that movie? That would be pretty funny.

http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/gremlins/gremlins41.jpg.html

Or is that a uniform for a movie theatre?

http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/gremlins/gremlins50.jpg.html

god it hurts to look at those images of her. I miss her beyond tolerance. Phoebe looks a lot like Rachel in this photo. And I look at this photo, and while I can't remember when it was taken, I feel quite certain I was in love with her on this day, as I was in love with her many days before that photo was taken and I was in love with her many days after that photo was taken. I can't consciously remember anything about those times, but I feel it and all I know for certain is that we are not together and I miss her intensely.

http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/misc/misc529.jpg.html

And god, look at her out in the snow like that!! How many incredible memories of her like that are layered into my mind from over the years we have been in love?

http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/misc/misc527.jpg.html

It's probably not that easy being in love with an actress because you see her.....something....something. If it wasn't easy then, it is brutal now that my long-term memories are scrambled. I see that photo of her on the phone in "Date With An Angel" and I imagine that is how she looked when someone called her on 5/13/1987 to tell her I had been found alive. I have been thinking that the release of "Date With An Angel" was timed for a point 359 days after the funeral service my family had for me in 1986.

I notice again as I look through those photos that she just gets prettier as time goes by. She is prettier in the current photos than back when we would have started dating in the 80's, and she was quite pretty back then, so that's saying a lot. Why the goddamned hell can't I see her TODAY!!!!!


I wonder why I have such bad "memories" associated with this next song. I can "remember" that I hated hearing this song when it played. I still don't like to listen to it. It doesn't make me feel as bad as it did a long time ago, but I still don't like to listen to it, even though I am a fan of all of Tom Petty's work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jane%27s_Last_Dance

"Mary Jane's Last Dance" is a song by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It was recorded while Petty was recording his Wildflowers album, and was produced by Rick Rubin. This song was first released as part of the Greatest Hits album in 1993.


I noted earlier that Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" premiered 41 weeks, 4 days, before 7/2/1976. I recognize the date 7/2/1976 as when I intercepted the comet in the outer solar system above the ecliptic.

From 9/15/1975 to 7/2/1976 is: 41 weeks and 4 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_You_Were_Here_%28album%29

Wish You Were Here is a concept album by Pink Floyd. Recorded at Abbey Road Studios between January and July, 1975 and released on September 15, 1975 (see 1975 in music), the album would later be regarded as one of Pink Floyd's greatest albums. Its lyrics, composed by Roger Waters and concerning the music industry, question the market-oriented record companies' lack of understanding and interest for musicians. The album also pays tribute to Syd Barrett, Pink Floyd's former guitarist and chief songwriter, especially "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", and the title track itself.



I don't know if I wrote those lyrics in my real life, but I imagine it was created in anticipation of my mission to intercept the comet. I think a lot about that part about "pile on many more layers" in the context of all the craziness I had probably seen to that point in my life. All that time in combat in the Vietnam War, all those trips into space. I wonder if this music is how I coped with the stress. I wonder if I even knew what stress was back then.

I read that article again and I immediately "remember" a girlfriend I had in my artificial and symbolic memory. Her name was Abby and I would see her when we were in port at the U.s. Navy Roosevelt Roads base in Puerto Rico. The P.R. makes me think of my wife, Phoebe Ray.

That has got be what that means. Why else would I have such artificial and symbolic memories? I find myself wanting to say that I am Pink Floyd, but I feel bad for taking all the credit for the work. I don't know if I created it all or I just own all the rights to the work in my real life or what it all means. I don't know.

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/shineonyoucrazydiamondi-vlyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (I-V) Lyrics


Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!


http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/shineonyoucrazydiamondvi-ixlyrics.html

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (VI-IX) Lyrics


Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser,
come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine