Saturday, May 26, 2007

"Hamburger Hill"

I wonder if Phoebe bought the contents of that storage locker I lost control of. I think that comforter was in there. I also wonder if a certain friend knew about that, assuming the comforter does resemble Phoebe's wedding dress, when she and her husband walked through my bedroom in that second apartment I had at Limestone back in 2000 and 2001. I had that comforter on my bed back then. I remember Lynn walked to my bedroom window and was looking out. I had a pretty good idea why that was.

And what is it about those shoes Phoebe is wearing as she stands in front of that "King Lear" promo? I distinctly "remember" that Anonda Mack had on a pair just like it when we went out on that date in Greenville. Anonda sold purses and other handbags at some retail store near Greenville. Her aunt set us up on a blind date. I can't "remember" the name of that bank her aunt worked at but it was in Lancaster, SC. I went out with Anonda one night as I was driving back to Ashdown for Caitlin's birthday. I "remember" something about looking forward to going out that night because the autumn weather was in the air and I love that time of year.


The premiere of this movie is within 4 days of forming a 0.359 connection with my birthday and the actual 1969 battle. That movie premiere date was precisely 1 year, 4 months, 14 days, after 4/14/1986 and was a few months after I finished my escape from Africa. I recognize the date 4/14/1986 as when the Libyan prison I was being held captive was bombed to give me a chance to escape. That is also the reason Microsoft-Corbis was revealing my whereabouts - to try to get a terrorist to detonate a truck bomb or something at the Microsoft Issaquah office. It would have been good for Microsoft-Corbis business, as well as their terrorist accomplice, Dave Reichert, and others in King County, Washington.

As I was just watching this movie, I have symbolic memories from this movie. The part that is just about to come on where the guy gets his head blown off. I can distinctly remember on the Wainwright that I put one of my dog tags on my boot. I associate that detail with this movie. Why would I have such a specific artificial and symbolic memory in that context? Why, in my artificial and symbolic memory, would I "remember" a certain action based on watching a movie in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory? In my artificial and symbolic memory, I put that dog tag on my boot because I "remember" watching this movie in my artificial and symbolic memory. That has got to mean something; probably that I fought in this Vietnam battle. And even worse, it was only a few weeks before Apollo 11 went to the Earth's moon. I have other memories returning to consciousness about Vietnam but I am not really sure what it all means.

From 3/3/1959 to 8/28/1987 is: 10405 days
10405 * 0.359 = 3735
From 3/3/1959 to 5/20/1969 is: 3731 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hamburger_Hill

The Battle of Hamburger Hill was one of the most controversial battles of the Vietnam War.
Date May 10, 1969 - May 20, 1969


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_hill

Hamburger Hill is a 1987 American movie starring Dylan McDermott, Steven Weber, Courtney B. Vance, Don Cheadle and Michael Boatman; directed by John Irvin and written by James Carabatsos.

Set in May 1969 during the Vietnam War, the movie is based on the actual assault of the U.S. Army's 3d Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, part of the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles", on a well-fortified position, including trenchworks and bunkers, of the North Vietnamese Army on Dong Ap Bia Mountain near the Laotian border. American military records of the battle refer to the mountain as "Hill 937", its map designation derived from its being 937 meters high.

The film realistically depicts the realities of war, combat, courage, camaraderie and dedication to the mission among troops. It also brings up painful questions about war, such as the stigmatizing of replacement troops ("newbies" or, more crudely, "FNGs", for "Fuckin' New Guys") and of the seeming caprice of high command in the Vietnam War, specifically the lack of strategic value of the hill and subsequent unnecessary casualties. Other issues include the effect of anti-war sentiment on morale, and racial tensions among troops (especially the overcoming of racial tension by gradual friendship and earned respect).

The film was distributed by Paramount Pictures, which had only theatrical rights to the film, whereas the video rights were owned by Vestron Video, and in later years by Live Entertainment, Artisan Entertainment, and Lions Gate Entertainment (which also recently acquired the UK video rights with distribution by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment).