Thursday, May 31, 2007

This is your trial before the trial.

Thomas Ray, astronaut space shuttle pilot F-16 Falcon/F-14 Tomcat/F-18 Hornet Top Gun U.S. Navy SEAL Captain guided-missile destroyer, looks forward to being deposed by your scheister defense lawyer.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep Journal 2/22/06

Felt like there was a lot of dreams but I can only remember one segment. I wonder if they are getting better at erasing whatever it is I sense to distinquish it as a foreign dream. Maybe it has something to do with the tone of voice they use when they are manipulating my dreams. Perhaps there was an urgency in the past that doesn't exist now and that translates in my perception as something else. The dream I remember from this morning, I think it was just before I woke up, was that I was stationed aboard a U.S. Navy ship. There was a lot more to this dream I wish I could remember, but I think the basic dream was that I was the XO, it may have been a Perry class frigate, but I don't remember which one it was. I remember at one point I was saying that I wanted to be the CO of the Stark, but since that ship has been decom'd I think, I don't know what that means. The only real part I remember about this dream is that I was explaining to the CO how I was going to handle liberty call for our next port. We were leaving on a trip down to Puerto Rico and would stay in port for one night and I was working out the plan for liberty. I remember something about the CO seemed really young, maybe a teenager. I wonder if that is how all COs are if you know one on a peer- or almost-peer basis. That isn't it quite exactly, something about them seeming more human or not so terrible, as I heard them referred to once.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep Journal 2/24/06

I remember only one scene from my dreams last night. It was of looking down into a paper bag that had a cat in it. I am confused about whether the dream was from the perspective of my eyes or whether I was the cat. Maybe both. I remember the cat was really pissed off. I remember seeing what would seem to be my arm reaching into the bag to pet the cat. I don't know if it occurred during the dream or after I woke up, but I remember thinking how that seemed like a bad idea. I remember a voice saying something about how it just wanted to pet the cat, but I am uncertain whether the voice was saying "I" or "We" to indicate whether it was me talking to the cat or whether the spectators were talking to me, respectively. I awoke with a relevant lyric fragment playing in my head, but I don't remember it now.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep Journal 2/27/06

There was a bunch of stuff in my dreams last night, but I only remember one part. I was also very tired when I woke up, but couldn't go back to sleep. The part of the dream I do remember is where I was walking down some stairs. It seemed to be outside, as in stairs leading down the outside of a building, a factory maybe. I am thinking it was at the end of something, a conclusion of something. I turned around after going down a couple of the stairs and was organizing some stuff, books maybe. I couldn't get them all together or something and I think I was going to have to make a second trip to bring them all down. Within the boxes and books, I pulled out a hat and put it on. It was a U.S. Navy Officer's cover.

Today I am also thinking back to that dream I had in my last days at Microsoft. I told a friend about it. I dreamed that someone had set off two bombs and I was watching the towering clouds from the explosions rising high into the atmosphere. I was baffled at how people were going around their normal business like nothing had happened. There was one person I recognized, a guy that was on the same team as I. I didn't understand why no one was concerned.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Rise Above

Fri, 3/3/06 3:22 PM

This was a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed though when I first saw them that they were preparing to leave. I think this is the one at the link below. I love these ships. Who needs a parade when you can watch a U.S. Navy warship getting underway? If I could choose any ship I wanted for a personal yacht, it would be a Burke-class destroyer.

http://www.momsen.navy.mil/




http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_doors/break_on_through_to_the_other_side.html

THE DOORS lyrics


"Break On Through (To The Other Side)"

You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run
Tried to hide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side, yeah

We chased our pleasures here
Dug our treasures there
But can you still recall
The time we cried
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side

Yeah!
C'mon, yeah

Everybody loves my baby
Everybody loves my baby
She get(s high)
She get(s high)
She get(s high)
She get(s high)

I found an island in your arms
Country in your eyes
Arms that chain
Eyes that lie
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through, oww!
Oh, yeah!

Made the scene
Week to week
Day to day
Hour to hour
The gate is straight
Deep and wide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through
Break on through
Break on through
Break on through