Sunday, May 20, 2007

Swing and a miss

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/12/2006 10:54 AM

I have written a few times about that trip I made to Charlotte in September 2001. I remember I was there during the premier of Star Trek: Enterprise. I was there to work in the Microsoft facility with two of my contacts from Cognos. One was woman named, Geneveve, not sure of spelling. She said something unusual about how I was the one person she wanted to be around at that time. I can’t remember exactly what she said, but I wondered for several reasons why she would say something like that. I wasn’t complaining but she didn’t even know me, that was the first time we had met or that I had even heard her name. The other person was a guy I already knew from email and phone conversations. I can’t remember his name, but as I was watching Leno last night, I was reminded that he closely resembles the actor James Woods.

I was looking at a recent photo of me and I started wondering if wearing an oxygen mask as a fighter pilot eventually left an impression on my face.

We wore plain clothes. That’s what that means. We wore plain clothes because we were covert operatives. We often wore plain clothes in combat environments. Sometimes we were confused as mercenaries. In Somalia, the locals probably confused us with the “technicals.”

Do I have a connection in my military service with Kenya?

...

9/12/2006 11:40 AM
http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/Public%20Affairs%20Info/Archive%20News%20Pages/2002/020628-recruit.html

Wingfield said that those who meet the criteria, and are selected, will be offered a unique opportunity.

"It will open a different type of job they can do for their country," Wingfield said. "It won't really be so different for those who transfer to a different branch of service. Instead it will broaden their horizons, because this is for all the services. Delta Forces is built up with the best of all services," the Gary, Ind., native said.

Wingfield concluded by saying the transfer would be a good experience for any service member for many reasons.

"It will allow them to get outside the everyday routine of their primary job," Wingfield said. "This is also a good career enhancer, because being in Delta Forces is greater than saying 'I was in the Army, and I did this job,' and I'm sure it's the same way for the Marines, the Navy and the Air Force."

9/12/2006 12:12 PM

What was the name of that Norris kid who lived down from us on Hicks Road? His sister was named Rose Norris. I think she was younger than I was. Her brother may have been in my same grade.

9/12/2006 12:30 PM

That’s why I felt compelled to record in my journal last year that I was an FCCM conducting counter-terrorism operations. It was supposed to be an alarm for the people monitoring my computer. Except at the time, I had no idea that I was an officer. I was still deep into the mindset of the Kerry Burgess identity. Writing that I was a commissioned officer would have been giving away too much. My controller needed to signal that something needed to change because I was close to having to live out on the street. I am thinking now that I was part of the counter-terrorism group of Delta Force, maybe hostage rescue too. What did George W. Bush say when I made that journal entry; something about “unacceptable”?

...

I was right about that stuff I was writing about the B-roll footage, or whatever they call it. One memorable time was when I was sitting in my Jeep on that ridge in the mountains and a helicopter flew over. I wrote about that in my journal a while back thinking they had been there to film B-roll footage of me before they dragged my corpse out of the river after I jumped off High Steel Bridge in despair at all these people stalking and harassing me. But they started doing it well before that because they were anticipating some kind of trial and they needed to get casual shots of me to use in news stories. By having footage of me in their archives, they wouldn’t have to buy if from companies such as Corbis.

9/13/2006 12:22 PM

When I read about Lindsay Lohan’s dad, I wonder if that is supposed to represent me. But what it represents is that I was a POW when she was born 7/2/86. They throw in the part about securities because I was working on national security at the time and was shot down and taken captive. I think the scrip writers cleverly throw in the comments of the bad guys that took me captive. For instance, taking me captive, they could have charged me with “securities fraud” because I was fighting against them and for the security of the U.S. And I read that her dad’s name is Michael. I have been thinking that my memory of my step-brother Michael dying in 1986 represents the pilot of the A-6 (TRAM) I was flying in as B/N. Yesterday I started thinking that he stayed in the aircraft too long because he was trying to keep it level until I ejected safely especially because we were too low to the ground. I am wondering if his name, the pilot of the A-6, was named Michael Draper.

...

9/13/2006 9:15 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Totalitarian&x=25&y=16

Totalitarian

of or pertaining to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.

exercising control over the freedom, will, or thought of others

Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: “A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).

9/13/2006 9:20 PM

There must be a reason I brought this up a while back. It was last Feb. 19th when I noted it in my journal. And now I see that it started in March 1986, which makes me wonder about what I have been writing about me being shot down in Africa in Feb. 1986.

http://cicentre.com/Documents/DOC_Operation_Famish.htm

From March 1986 through October 21, 1986, the Reagan Administration implemented a series of national security policy decisions designed to reduce the threat of espionage in the United States from the Soviet Union.


...

9/14/2006 11:22 PM

It’s true. It’s all true. I have these moments sometimes when I know absolutely that it is all true. I am on active duty with the U.S. Navy. That period in 1986 and 1987 was when I was a POW and then escaped. It was The Great Escape. It’s all true. I just can’t actually remember any of it.

...

9/15/2006 8:10 AM

I can remember noticing people acted strangely around me out in public as far back as 1999. I told Wally Simpson one day at work about some strange behavior I had noticed over the previous weekend up at Snoqualmie Pass. Jeff Johnson said something about it being that I was a good looking guy. He made that comment at least twice to me. At Snoqualmie Pass I noticed at least two, but I am pretty sure there were three, distinct groups of people that seemed to know who I was. There was actually a day in December 1998 when an admin. Asst. said something about she “had heard about me.” Something about that made me wonder. I suspect part of the treatment program conditioned me to watch for such recognition so that I could later report it to my controllers.

There was also that company meeting where Ballmer said a couple things suspicious. I think it was that last one I went to at Safeco Field in 2003. It was that day it was really cold in the stadium. He started off saying something about how we were not prisoners of war. I have written about that recently at least one time. He also made another comment that caught my attention. It was as though there was this secret discussion about me going on among all these people in some forum I could not find. He made a comment as though he was describing his opinion about something I had said and that was being discussed in that forum. He was commenting about something I had written, I am certain, in my personal journal. While I knew that Microsoft could monitor my email, I found it highly objectionable that they would let all these people monitor my communications like that. I can’t quite articulate what I want to say here. I need to think more about it. Imagine that people are talking about you somewhere and you don’t know what they are saying.

9/15/2006 8:21 AM

I wonder if my plight in 1986 is present in the 1986 movie “Platoon” reflected in Willem Defoe’s character being killed in sight of the helicopters. According to wiki, the movie was released 12/19/86. I have been thinking that I was declared dead on 11/25/86. After just reading this wiki article, I was reminded that 12/19/84 is the date I remember as reporting to the USS Taylor, and that I had missed the commissioning ceremony, as well as earning plankowner status, by 18 days. Interesting parallel in that Defoe’s character was late for the helicopters. There is another interesting detail I’ll write about later.

...

9/15/2006 4:43 PM
This has to be me in this photo. Or at least, this was some kind of additional responsibility for me. That would explain a lot. When I arrived in Orlando as FC3 Kerry Burgess, I was put in charge of a group of sailors as they were all just out of boot camp and I was the only Petty Officer. They were all in that program to earn the rank of 3rd Class Petty Officer but I had already earned it while in the fleet through a process called “striking.” PO3 is the first rank of Petty Officer just as Ensign is the first rank of a U.S. Navy commissioned officer. Graduates from that training program that started in Orlando earned the rank of PO3 just as Navy graduates of USNA earned the rank of Ensign.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/1986/Navy/DN-ST-86-02880.JPEG

A senior midshipman explains life at the US Naval Academy to plebes.
Date Shot: 1 Jul 1981




















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1986/Navy/DN-ST-86-02880.JPEG






JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/15/2006 6:31 PM
What a great photo. Produces that homesick feeling I cannot explain.


http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=39193

Newly pinned Chief Petty Officer David D. Knight, assigned to Helicopter Anti-submarine Squadron Light Five One HSL-51, receives his anchors from his mother-in-law and wife during a pinning ceremony.


...

9/16/2006 3:06 PM
It is very interesting to consider this movie now with all new perceptions considered. I saw it just after I quit Microsoft and I was still living in Redmond. I wondered about it several times, as to the relevance of Russell Crowe’s character to my own life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_and_Commander:_The_Far_Side_of_the_World
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Release date November 14, 2003


...

9/16/2006 4:02 PM
Aha…this movie is listed as releasing on 3/3/03, but it seems to follow that “Friday rule” I have been writing about for movies. Amazon.com lists its release date as 3/7/03, which was a Friday. My birthday of 3/3/03, was earlier in the week on Monday

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_of_the_sun

Lt. A.K. Waters (played by
Bruce Willis) leads a team of Navy SEALs in Nigeria when its democratic government collapses and a military dictator takes over. Their mission: rescue Dr. Lena Kendricks (Monica Bellucci), a U.S. citizen running a mission and hospital in Nigeria. Disobeying orders, they rescue a group of missionaries and villagers and find they are being pursued by the rebel forces.



http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Sun-Special-Antoine-Fuqua/dp/B000095WW8/sr=8-2/qid=1158447793/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-1670655-0445760?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Tears of the Sun
US Theatrical Release Date: March 7, 2003


9/16/2006 4:09 PM
I haven’t been able to go home yet because criminals such as Dave Reichert and Microsoft are still at large.