Sunday, October 05, 2014

"A million years of sensitive men dying for their dreams"




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=85947

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

The President's News Conference in London

April 2, 2009

The President. Good afternoon, or good evening; we're running a little bit late.










From 1/11/1930 ( Rod Taylor ) To 4/2/2009 is 28936 days

28936 = 14468 + 14468

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 1/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Grace" ) is 15857 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/2009 is 15857 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 1/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Grace" ) is 15857 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/2009 is 15857 days



From 6/13/1971 ( premiere US film "Drive, He Said" ) To 4/2/2009 is 13808 days

13808 = 6904 + 6904

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/1984 ( "UA from class from 0600-0800" ) is 6904 days



From 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) To 4/2/2009 is 3895 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/2/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship intercepted the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it away from the planet Earth ) is 3895 days



From 8/26/1976 ( the first known human case of Ebola ) To 4/2/2009 is 11907 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/9/1998 ( premiere US film "Oklahoma Faded Love" ) is 11907 days



[ See also: To Be Continued? ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=85947

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

The President. Good afternoon, or good evening; we're running a little bit late. Earlier today, we finished a very productive summit that will be, I believe, a turning point in our pursuit of global economic recovery. By any measure, the London summit was historic. It was historic because of the size and the scope of the challenges that we face and because of the timeliness and magnitude of our response.

The challenge is clear. The global economy is contracting. Trade is shrinking. Unemployment is rising. The international finance system is nearly frozen. Even these facts can't fully capture the crisis that we're confronting, because behind them is the pain and uncertainty that so many people are facing. We see it back in the United States. We see it here in London. We see it around the world: families losing their homes, workers losing their jobs and their savings, students who are deferring their dreams. So many have lost so much. Just to underscore this point, back in the United States, jobless claims released today were the highest in 26 years. We owe it to all of our citizens to act and to act with a sense of urgency.

In an age where our economies are linked more closely than ever before, the whole world has been touched by this devastating downturn. And today the world's leaders have responded with an unprecedented set of comprehensive and coordinated actions.

Now, just keep in mind some historical context.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819113/releaseinfo

IMDb


Oklahoma Faded Love (1998)

Release Info

USA 9 June 1998 (Los Angeles, California)










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/71211/Clancy_-_Rainbow_Six.html


Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six


CHAPTER 26

CONCLUSIONS


Sullivan and Chatham were in the office before seven in the morning, beating the traffic and finding decent parking places for once. The first order of business was to use a computerized crisscross directory to track down the names and addresses from the phone numbers. That was quick. Next up was to meet with the three men who were reported to have known Mary Bannister and Anne Pretloe and interview them. It was possible that one of them was a serial killer or kidnapper. If the first, he would probably be a very clever and circumspect criminal. A serial killer was a hunter of human beings. The smart ones acted strangely like soldiers, first scouting out their victims, discerning their habits and weaknesses, and then moving in to use them as entertaining toys until the fun faded










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/grace-251980/recap/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 7 Episode 13

Grace

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 16, 2004 on Syfy

Episode Recap

Sam accompanies the Prometheus on a flight as it passes near a gas cloud she wants to study. When an unidentified alien ship attacks and they need to activate the hyperdrive, Sam suffers a major concussion - when she wakes up, the ship is abandoned and floating in the gas cloud. As she tries to fight against unconsciousness and coma, she is haunted by visions of Teal'c (who advises caution), Daniel (who wants her to keep exploring and investigating things), and a young girl who appears to be a younger version of herself. Realizing they're fragments of her subconscious mind, Sam tries to heed their somewhat contradictory advice while trying to get the Prometheus out of the cloud, which is slowly dissolving the hull. Sam also comes to realize that she is dealing with her own loneliness not only aboard the ship but in her life, as visions of her father Jacob and Jack come to her and "discuss" matters with her. Eventually Sam figures out a way to protect the ship by generating a hyperdrive bubble around the ship, but realizes the attacking alien ship is stranded in the cloud as well.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709100/plotsummary

IMDb


Stargate SG-1 (TV Series)

Grace (2004)

Plot Summary


Aboard a repaired Prometheus for it's return voyage home, Sam is knocked unconscious when they come under attack from an unknown alien vessel. She awakens to find that she is alone on the ship. She sends out a distress signal but settles in for the long haul, developing a routine and working as much as she can. She is having hallucinations with other members of SG-1 dropping in from time. She also sees and hears a young child on the ship. She faces a deadline when the ship's hull begins to deteriorate. As things deteriorate, reality proves to be somewhat different than what Sam has been producing from her subconscious.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/71211/Clancy_-_Rainbow_Six.html


Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six


CHAPTER 26

CONCLUSIONS


The smart ones acted strangely like soldiers, first scouting out their victims, discerning their habits and weaknesses, and then moving in to use them as entertaining toys until the fun faded, and it was time to kill them. The homicide aspects of a serial killer's activities were not, strictly speaking, in the purview of the FBI, but the kidnapping was, if the killer had moved his victims across state lines, and since there was a state line only a few hundred yards from Manhattan, that was enough to allow the agents to look into it. They'd have to ask their questions carefully, and remember that a serial killer almost always had an elegant disguise, the better to win the trust of his victims. He'd be kind, maybe handsome, friendly, and totally non-threatening-until it was too late, and at that point his victim was doomed. He was, both agents knew, the most dangerous of criminals. Subject F4 was progressing rapidly. Neither the Interferon nor the Interleukin-3a had touched her Shiva strands, which were replicating with gusto, and in her case attacking her liver with ferocious speed. The same was true of her pancreas, which was disintegrating, causing a serious internal bleed. Strange, Dr. Killgore thought. The Shiva had taken its time to assert itself, but then once it had started affecting the test subject's body, it had gone to town, eating away like a glutton at a feast. Mary Bannister, he decided, had about five days left.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:51 PM Wednesday, September 21, 2011


I had hoped I could watch for the first time the DVD for the 1960 film "The Time Machine" and not stop to make any shatteringly relevant comments but nope, no such luck.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2011 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:14 PM
I had another dream about being in that house I owned in Greer, SC, and that dream seemed to be early into my sleep period. An odd observation about that dream is that I seemed to dream about that dream a one or two hours later or maybe slightly more later than that. It seems to have been several hours before I got up. In that later dream I seemed to be thinking over that first dream and then I was dreaming or thinking or both about this time right now as I write about both dreams. In that first dream I walked through that short hallway and into the master bedroom on the main level of the house that I was using as an office while my bedroom was in one of the bedrooms upstairs. So anyway I had just walked into that room and I was turned towards the door in that room that connects to the deck on that back of the house and then suddenly there was a very bright light. In the dream I knew that a nuclear bomb had just exploded and then I was face down on the floor with my face covered by my hands or pressed into my arms and I guess I was wearing only a pair of shorts and I was aware that the hair on my body was standing up as though I was receiving an electrical shock. I have thought several before this dream that for certain people in the proximity of a nuclear blast the only reaction their senses will register after the blast and depending on their distance from the blast will be a sense of electric shock. So I was there on the floor and I was thinking the flash should only last a second or two but after what seemed to be quite a few seconds I peeked out very slightly from the my body covering my eyes and I could still see there was a blinding white light flooding the area. I was also thinking during that time in the dream or I was thinking this later in that later dream that I could also hear a sound and I guess it was the sound of the bomb traveling through air. But I am not certain what that means other than the obvious of what I was thinking during the dream. So I was still there and I was wondering if I was going to die because the fire slowly roasted me alive and I was wondering if another bomb was going to drop directly on my location and incinerate me first.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]





1960 film "The Time Machine" DVD video:

00:41:33


Filby: That's the last alert! Hurry! Hurry!

H. George Wells: Listen - listen, this is important.

Filby: Look. An atomic satellite zeroing in. That's important. Come on! Come on!

H. George Wells: But I've got to talk to you!

Filby: Come on!

H. George Wells: Filby? Filby!

Filby: Hurry! Hide till the all clear.

H. George Wells: But, but, Filby, I've got to talk to you!

H. George Wells: [ narrating ] The labor of centuries gone in an instant. But then mother earth, aroused by man's violence, responded with volcanic violence of her own. Only my speed through time saved me from being roasted alive










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


This is peculiar. He's usually
prompt, precise and punctual.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


He's making fools of us by not
showing up. It's ungentlemanly.
- To say nothing of a waste of time.
- Yes. A waste of time.










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


V


'She was exactly like a child. She wanted to be with me always. She tried to follow me everywhere, and on my next journey out and about it went to my heart to tire her down, and leave her at last, exhausted and calling after me rather plaintively. But the problems of the world had to be mastered. I had not, I said to myself, come into the future to carry on a miniature flirtation. Yet her distress when I left her was very great, her expostulations at the parting were sometimes frantic, and I think, altogether, I had as much trouble as comfort from her devotion. Nevertheless she was, somehow, a very great comfort. I thought it was mere childish affection that made her cling to me. Until it was too late, I did not clearly know what I had inflicted upon her when I left her. Nor until it was too late did I clearly understand what she was to me. For, by merely seeming fond of me, and showing in her weak, futile way that she cared for me, the little doll of a creature presently gave my return to the neighbourhood of the White Sphinx almost the feeling of coming home; and I would watch for her tiny figure of white and gold so soon as I came over the hill.

'It was from her, too, that I learned that fear had not yet left the world. She was fearless enough in the daylight, and she had the oddest confidence in me; for once, in a foolish moment, I made threatening grimaces at her, and she simply laughed at them. But she dreaded the dark, dreaded shadows, dreaded black things. Darkness to her was the one thing dreadful. It was a singularly passionate emotion, and it set me thinking and observing. I discovered then, among other things, that these little people gathered into the great houses after dark, and slept in droves. To enter upon them without a light was to put them into a tumult of apprehension. I never found one out of doors, or one sleeping alone within doors, after dark. Yet I was still such a blockhead that I missed the lesson of that fear, and in spite of Weena's distress I insisted upon sleeping away from these slumbering multitudes.

'It troubled her greatly, but in the end her odd affection for me triumphed, and for five of the nights of our acquaintance, including the last night of all, she slept with her head pillowed on my arm. But my story slips away from me as I speak of her. It must have been the night before her rescue that I was awakened about dawn. I had been restless, dreaming most disagreeably that I was drowned, and that sea anemones were feeling over my face with their soft palps. I woke with a start, and with an odd fancy that some greyish animal had just rushed out of the chamber. I tried to get to sleep again, but I felt restless and uncomfortable. It was that dim grey hour when things are just creeping out of darkness, when everything is colourless and clear cut, and yet unreal. I got up, and went down into the great hall, and so out upon the flagstones in front of the palace. I thought I would make a virtue of necessity, and see the sunrise.

'The moon was setting, and the dying moonlight and the first pallor of dawn were mingled in a ghastly half-light. The bushes were inky black, the ground a sombre grey, the sky colourless and cheerless. And up the hill I thought I could see ghosts. There several times, as I scanned the slope, I saw white figures. Twice I fancied I saw a solitary white, ape-like creature running rather quickly up the hill, and once near the ruins I saw a leash of them carrying some dark body. They moved hastily. I did not see what became of them. It seemed that they vanished among the bushes. The dawn was still indistinct, you must understand. I was feeling that chill, uncertain, early-morning feeling you may have known. I doubted my eyes.

'As the eastern sky grew brighter, and the light of the day came on and its vivid colouring returned upon the world once more, I scanned the view keenly. But I saw no vestige of my white figures. They were mere creatures of the half light. "They must have been ghosts," I said; "I wonder whence they dated." For a queer notion of Grant Allen's came into my head, and amused me. If each generation die and leave ghosts, he argued, the world at last will get overcrowded with them. On that theory they would have grown innumerable some Eight Hundred Thousand Years hence, and it was no great wonder to see four at once. But the jest was unsatisfying, and I was thinking of these figures all the morning, until Weena's rescue drove them out of my head. I associated them in some indefinite way with the white animal I had startled in my first passionate search for the Time Machine. But Weena was a pleasant substitute. Yet all the same, they were soon destined to take far deadlier possession of my mind.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:40 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 05 October 2014