Thursday, October 09, 2014

"Finally I understand The feelings of the few"




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=ncis&episode=s12e03

Springfield! Springfield!


NCIS

So It Goes


So, I can date him? Absolutely not, you don't know a thing about this guy.
Aside from this totally comprehensive background check.
But that's something you two can get into a lot of trouble for.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?episode=s01e12

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Krusty Gets Busted


And big red hair|that came out to-- - Yeah, yeah, like that!|- Well, it is a simple,|charcoal rendering










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-110.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X10 - HAND OF GOD


Colonial one

Roslin: I've been taking chamalla for a medical condition.

Elosha: So what have you seen?

Roslin: It started out as dreams of the Cylon that we had executed but I had the dreams before we captured him. The images were...

Elosha: Prescient?

Roslin: Uncanny. And now I'm seeing things while I'm awake.

Elosha: What kind of things?










From 6/13/2005 to 1/16/2013 is 2774 days













DSC05510.JPG










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Cassagnes


André Cassagnes

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

André Cassagnes (September 23, 1926 – January 16, 2013) was a French inventor, electrical technician, toymaker, and kite designer. Cassagnes is best known as the inventor of the Etch A Sketch



http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-andre-cassagnes-20130203-story.html

Los Angeles Times


Andre Cassagnes dies at 86; Etch A Sketch inventor

By Valerie J. Nelson

February 2, 2013, 8:50 PM

Los Angeles Times

Invented in Paris in the late 1950s, the mechanical drawing toy that would eventually be marketed as "the world's first laptop" became wildly popular soon after an Ohio company introduced it under a new name: Etch A Sketch.

French electrician Andre Cassagnes stumbled upon the concept for what he called the "Telecran" — or telescreen — while peeling a decal from a switch plate and noticing how his pencil marks had transferred from one surface to another.

After an Ohio Art Co. executive discovered it at the 1959 Nuremberg Toy Fair, he bought the rights for $25,000 and launched it in time to become the best-selling toy of the 1960 holiday season.

Cassagnes, who was also a noted kite designer, died Jan. 16 in a Paris suburb, the Toy Industry Assn. announced. A cause was not given. He was 86.

Named one of the top 100 toys of the 20th century by the New York-based toy association, Etch A Sketch appears on the list with such other classics as the Duncan yo-yo, the Barbie doll, Silly Putty and Mr. Potato Head.

The drawing device is fondly recalled by baby boomers and their offspring, who were captivated by the ability to doodle on the flat silver screen as if by magic.

Yet the science behind his invention is relatively simple, based on the fact that an electrostatic charge could hold aluminum powder to glass.

Cassagnes — pronounced "kah-sahn-YEH" — developed the toy with that in mind and designed it to look like a television set. Instead of the now-familiar knobs, he used a joystick to erase the aluminum powder from the glass screen, enabling the user to draw.

Since he couldn't afford to pay for a patent, he borrowed money from an investor who sent his treasurer, Arthur Granjean, to complete the paperwork. But Granjean's name ended up on the patent, helping to obscure Cassagnes' role. When the New York-based National Toy Hall of Fame inducted Etch A Sketch in 1998, it wrongly listed Granjean as the toy's creator.

An official history on Ohio Art's website gives Cassagnes credit for the invention.

"Etch A Sketch has brought much success to the Ohio Art Company, and we will be eternally grateful to Andre," company President Larry Killgallon said in a statement released after Cassagnes' death. "His invention brought joy to many over such a long period of time."

As of 2010 a total of 150 million units of various models of Etch A Sketch had been sold, the Toledo Blade reported that year.

Working with Ohio Art's chief engineer, Cassagnes helped refine the Etch A Sketch before the first one rolled off the production line on July 12, 1960.

A small bar with a point that touches the back of the screen is attached to two metal bars, one horizontal and one vertical, that are moved by nylon strings attached to knobs on the front of the toy. A small ball erases the silver dust, which is actually aluminum powder, creating a black line that can be sent zipping around the screen.

The drawing apparatus reflected a fascination with geometric patterns, which was apparent in the complex kites Cassagnes later created that made him "the most famous kitemaker in France," according to a 1992 article in Kite Lines magazine.

"Mentally, he was into designs involving the X and Y axis," Ohio Art Chairman Bill Killgallon told the Toledo Blade in 2010. "That's one of the reasons he was able to invent the Etch A Sketch."

Born near Paris on Sept. 23, 1926, he grew up in the southern suburbs of the French capital and lived much of his life there.

At 18, he took a job at his family's bakery, but a flour allergy forced him to find other work.

He became an assistant electrician at a small French company that made artificial seat and picture frame coverings in a production process that included aluminum powder. Cassagnes worked at the factory, which was eventually sold to a major French chemical group, until he retired in 1987.

Inspired by the sight of a kite flying at the Normandy seaside, Cassagnes bought his first kite — a long Mylar serpent — at age 50. After reading a few how-to books, he began designing elaborate kites, according to Kite Lines, that "almost never followed any existing plans."










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1366201/Pauline-Esther-Friedman-Phillips

Encyclopædia Britannica


Pauline Esther Friedman Phillips

Alternate title: Abigail Van Buren

(born July 4, 1918, Sioux City, Iowa—died Jan. 16, 2013, Minneapolis, Minn.), American advice columnist who fielded tens of thousands of questions and dispensed thoughtful and sometimes acerbic answers to newspaper readers who queried “Dear Abby” for advice on everything from manners and familial relationships to social issues that included the women’s movement, abortion, and AIDS, among others; she officially penned the column from 1956 to 2002 (from 2000 with her daughter, Jeanne Phillips). The format of her column, the world’s most widely syndicated (appearing in 1,400 newspapers), was based on that of the column written by her identical twin sister, Esther (“Eppie”) Pauline Friedman Lederer, who in late 1955 had taken over the Ask Ann Landers column for the Chicago Sun-Times and was initially collaborating with Phillips on her answers. After Phillips launched Dear Abby a scant three months later, the sisters, who had always engaged in an intense rivalry (both married on the same day), stopped speaking to one another; they eventually reconciled, however. Phillips studied journalism and psychology while attending Morningside College, Sioux City. After her marriage to millionaire businessman Morton Phillips, she presented her credentials to the editor of the San Francisco Chronicle and secured the post of advice columnist after convincing him that she could do a better job than the person then in the post. Over the years she cultivated friendships with celebrities, had a daily Dear Abby spot on CBS radio, and published numerous anthologies that collected her rejoinders.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-110.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X10 - HAND OF GOD

Original Airdate: March 11, 2005 (USA)


Galactica - War Room

Apollo: And that will allow the attack force to wipe out these installations here. Now, if we do it right, there will not be any Cylon survivors. And the asteroid will be ours.

Adama: What do you think, Starbuck?

Starbuck: It's a textbook-perfect plan. Which is why it won't work.

Tigh: Of course, we bow to your vast experience in strategic planning. Refresh my memory, what year was it that you graduated from war college?

Starbuck: What's the matter, Colonel, married life not all you expected?

Adama: That's enough, both of you. We're not gonna win this one by the book. I let Starbuck in here because she's not weighed down by conventional thinking. All due respect, gentlemen, we're not as crazy as she is.










http://www.tv.com/shows/ncis/so-it-goes-3047959/

tv.com


NCIS Season 12 Episode 3

So It Goes

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 2014 on CBS

AIRED: 10/7/14










That's also what they took away from me (although different brand) that I had stashed in my backpack when they inventoried my entire wordly possessions checking into the Seattle Veterans Affairs hospital the attending nurse fearful I would use it to slash my wrists.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/29/09 8:54 PM
I ordered the DVD of "The Happening" quite a few weeks ago but I am just now watching it.

I find myself wondering if this movie is why I was seeing that Jeep Wrangler parked over in front of building on the next block towards downtown. The model was the same or very similar to the Jeep Wrangler I used to drive but that Jeep Wrangler in the movie and also the one parked nearby was orange colored while mine was black in color. I wonder about it more because that was the Jeep Wrangler going to the town of Princeton, New Jersey, and the colors of Princeton University are orange and black.

The actress portraying Mark Walhberg's wife is certainly similar in appearance to Debra Winger. I am wonder if I have some bearing on the character of "Joey." Perhaps my wife did not understand that Debra Winger was my employee back in the early 1980's with the "An Officer And A Gentleman" film.

I also noticed there was a guy on the train that resembled closely in his first scene Bruce Willis and that would make sense because the same director is on this film as well as "Unbreakable."

I am at the part now where they are at some point where they seem to be surrounded by the conflict that is central to the story and I notice there is a woman who at moments resembles a woman that lives in this building. I saw her again today outside as I was walking in and she said something to me recently when I was sitting downstairs waiting for my laundry. Ah yes, that was when the heavy snowstorm came in as I recall now. I remembered that she said something about staying at home and eating tuna instead of going to the grocery store and I could not remember at first why she told me that detail. I had mentioned something about how I had found treacherous the walk to the grocery store because of the ice and that was when she mentioned tuna. I thing that was just a few days after I saw "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and I thought to myself about that scene where "Klaatu" steals a tuna sandwich from the machine. The notion of stealing from a vending machine was also in a fairly recent episode of "NCIS."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 January 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:10 PM Thursday, July 28, 2011


Spooky.





At the risk of giving away too many personally identifying details, I cannot help but make this following observation. During the 10 AM hour this morning here in Pacific time in Washington State, I was at the grocery store. I had the thought to pick up a bag of Lifesavers candy. I rarely if ever purchase candy but I was thinking about it as I walked to the grocery store and I had thought before, as I was then, about that scene from the 2002 film "Windtalkers." I had no specific reason for purchasing that item in relation to that film "Windtalkers" but I did think about it a great deal among the thousands of details that circulate around in my conscious mind during the day. I would not even note that detail about that Lifesavers candy here in my web log except for one other detail. Somehow, the total bill for the groceries I took to the self-checkout line totaled *precisely* $33.59. That was after tax. I thought about that, especially in the context of observations I have made lately in my web log in the internet, as I left the store and walked back to my apartment and I wondered, as I always wonder about the suspicious behavior of people in that grocery store, if someone in the back office had automatically adjusted the prices on my items so that such a total would be reached. Perhaps. But that becomes less likely the more I think about it. I wasn't consciously calculating a running total of the items I was selecting as I already had decided in my mind before I went in there as to what I would buy. Looking at the receipt, the prices are consistent with what I remember from the shelves where I got the items. I wondered why did that happen today. That happened today and that first time in years and decades since I bought Lifesavers candy.

Of course, according to my time traveler communication theory then that had to happen. I write about it here now in my journal and then it has to happen. Okay, so since everything I record in my journal has to happen then just ten minutes after I post this note, I will get an email telling me where that house is that still belongs to me, which is in this local area, and that I can go there at that very moment if I want to. Since I am now writing this in my journal then that has to happen because that is what I strongly want to happen. A universe time paradox of galactic scale will happen if I do not get that email ten minutes later.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/windtalkers-script-transcript-wind-talkers.html


Windtalkers


We've got some new radiomen
from headquarters.
Private Whitehorse...
and Yahzee...
and a couple of sergeants...
Enders and Henderson...
who, if I'm understanding
these orders correctly...
will be covering our Navajos' asses.
God damn you, Joe Enders.
...but I'm telling you...
we're going to be stepping into
our share of the shit, nonetheless.
Any questions?
Sounds like you're dying.
These might help get rid of the taste.
Charlie and I both lost it
on the boat ride from San Diego.
Not many bodies of water in Arizona.
Life Savers really helped.
You want a Life Saver?
What are you doing here?
Just trying to help.
Not what I meant.
You mean, what am I doing in this uniform?
It's my war, too, Sergeant.
I'm fighting for my country,
for my land, for my people.
It's not your people I'm worried about.
Listen, Enders, I'm a codetalker.
It takes me two and a half minutes
to do what used to take an hour.
Somebody wearing a lot more stripes
than you thinks that's worth something.
Remind me to time you when you've got
bullets flying over your head.
What the hell is wrong with you?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 July 2011 excerpt ends]










2002 film "Windtalkers" DVD video:

00:58:06


US Marine Corps Private Ben Yahzee: That ceremony you saw last night is called a protection ceremony. Navajo believe until a body is given a proper burial the spirits stay near it. Chee-dis. That's what we call evil spirits. Demons. I haven't thought much about it since I was a kid till I saw those dead bodies.

US Marine Corps Sergeant Joe Enders: You telling me you saw ghosts, Private?

US Marine Corps Private Ben Yahzee: No, Sergeant, I'm telling you I won't freeze up again.

US Marine Corps Sergeant Joe Enders: Because your buddy smeared ash on your forehead?

US Marine Corps Private Ben Yahzee: That's right, because my buddy smeared ash on my forehead. You ever see ghosts?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Happening (2008)


Elliot Moore: You're not interested in what happened to the bees?

[Jake shakes his head]

Elliot Moore: You should be more interested in science, Jake. You know why? Because your face is perfect. The problem is, your face is perfect at 15. Now if you were interested in science, you would know facts like the human nose and ears grow a fraction of an inch each year. So a perfect balance of features now might not look so perfect five years from now, and might look down right whack ten years from now.

[students laugh]

Elliot Moore: Come on, buddy. Take an interest in science. What could be the reason bees have vanished?

Jake: [after a long pause] An act of nature, and we'll never fully understand it.

Elliot Moore: Nice answer, Jake. He's right. Science will come up with some reason to put in the books, but in the end it'll be just a theory. I mean, we will fail to acknowledge that there are forces at work beyond our understanding. To be a scientist, you must have a respectful awe for the laws of nature.

[Jake raises his hand]

Elliot Moore: Jake?

Jake: How much does the human nose grow each year?

Elliot Moore: It's miniscule, buddy. Okay? Don't worry about it. You're going to be a heartthrob your whole life. I was just messing with you.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=ncis&episode=s12e03

Springfield! Springfield!


NCIS

So It Goes


Well, look what the cat dragged in.
Nice of you to join us.
Oh, put a sock in it.
I was shopping for your going away present.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:25 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 09 October 2014