Friday, October 10, 2014

Presumably many other local TV news just broadcast the same package I just watched.




http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7F09.html

Itchy and Scratchy and Marge


Marge wonders why Bart and Lisa are so late from school (because they're watching I&S with Milhouse and Janie, respectively). At the Simpsons residence, Marge watches I&S and takes careful notes.

Marge: What kind of warped human being would find that funny?

Homer: [laughs]

Marge: Mm...

Marge decides to write a letter.

Dear purveyors of senseless violence: I know this may sound silly at first, but I believe that the cartoons you show to our children are influencing their behavior in a negative way. programming. Yours truly, Marge Simpson.


Mr. Meyers sends back his reply...

Meyers: Take a letter, Miss White. Dear valued viewer, thank you for taking an interest in the Itchy and Scratchy program. Enclosed is a personally autographed photo of America's favorite cat and mouse team to add to your collection. In regards to your specific comments about the show, our research shows that one person cannot make a difference, no matter how big a screwball she is, so let me close by saying...

Marge: [reading the letter] And the horse I rode in on? I'll show them what one screwball can do!










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7F09.html

Itchy and Scratchy and Marge


Hello, I'm Kent Brockman, and welcome to another edition of `Smartline'. Are cartoons too violent for children? Most people would say, ``No, of course not, what kind of stupid question is that?''


His guests are Marge, Roger Meyers (CEO of I&S, Intl), and Krusty (``Hi, kids!''), and...

Joining us live, via satellite from Vienna, home of Sigmund Freud, the world's greatest psychiatrist, to give us an insight into the human mind, Dr. Marvin Monroe.


After a brief clip of I&S, the debate begins...

Meyers: I did a little research and I discovered a startling thing... There was violence in the past, long before cartoons were invented.

Kent: I see. Fascinating.

Meyers: Yeah, and know something, Karl? The Crusades, for instance. Tremendous violence, many people killed, the darned thing went on for thirty years.

Kent: And this was before cartoons were invented?

Meyers: That's right, Kent.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:34 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 10 October 2014