Saturday, October 11, 2014

Crunch time




http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


FADE IN:

[BLACK SCREEN W/SCROLLING WHITE TEXT]

[INTRODUCTION]

In recent days, a seemingly random group of individuals has emerged with what can only be described as "special" abilities.

Although unaware of it now, these individuals will not only save the world, but change it forever. This transformation from ordinary to extraordinary will not occur overnight. Every story has a beginning.

Volume One of their epic tale begins here ...

FADE OUT

END OF INTRODUCTION

FADE IN:

[EXT. SPACE (STOCK)]

(The screen is black. Slowly, the turning earth appears as it rises up from the bottom of the screen. It turns from day into darkness.)

(Then, the flash of an eclipse as light from the sun behind outlines the planet. And then, we’re there --

[TITLE CARD: HEROES]

MOHINDER SURESH: (v.o.) Where does it come from?

(The image of the earth’s eclipse zooms out and we find we’re just a gleam in a larger picture ...

[CU: PETER’S LEFT EYE]

(In the center of Peter’s left eye, we zoom out completely on –

[PETER PETRELLI]

MOHINDER SURESH: (v.o.) -- this quest? This need to solve life's mysteries, when the simplest of questions can never be answered.

(We pull out and find Peter standing on the roof of a building. He looks around.)

MOHINDER SURESH: (v.o.) Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all.

[EPISODE TITLE]

CHAPTER ONE

"GENESIS"

(TOP VIEW DOWN: Peter is standing on the edge of the building. He spreads his arms out.)

MOHINDER SURESH: (v.o.) Not delving, not yearning. That's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here.

(Peter leans forward and falls.)

[POV: FLYING]

(We’re falling, then we swoop and fly up in the air, never touching the ground. We fly between the buildings, over the streets below. The sunlight gets in our eyes.)

FLASH TO:

[INT. DEVEAUX PENTHOUSE – CHARLES’S BEDROOM -- DAY]

LEGEND:

NEW YORK CITY

(Peter wakes up. He’s dressed in scrubs and sitting in a chair next to Charles Deveaux’s bed.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: How's he doing?

(Simone walks in and closes the doors behind her. She puts her keys on the table. Peter puts the newspaper section he’s reading on the bedcovers in front of him.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: I'm sorry. Did I scare you?

(Simone takes her coat off and heads over to the bed where her father is. In the background, we hear the steady beeping of a heart monitor.)

PETER PETRELLI: No. No, I just, uh, I keep having these amazing dreams every time I close my eyes, and ... never mind, um ... he likes me to read him the stock page.

(Peter stands up.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Has he been conscious at all?

PETER PETRELLI: No. Been a week now. I think he's close. A couple more days, maybe.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: You know, I don't know what he'd do without you. You got a real gift.

PETER PETRELLI: Just doing my job.

(Peter walks over to stand next to Simone as he checks her father’s pulse.)










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


SANDRA BENNET: (normal voice) All right. Enough about Mr. Muggles. What did everybody else do today?

LYLE BENNET: Doug and I saw this Mexican guy. A homeless dude. On the way to school. We thought he was dead, but he wasn't.










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


SIMONE DEVEAUX: I need you to come with me someplace.

PETER PETRELLI: Where?

SIMONE DEVEAUX: You'll see.

(Simone continues to look through the drawers. Peter follows her around, trying to get her to listen to him.)

PETER PETRELLI: Look, there's something that I need to tell you.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: That is gonna have to wait.

PETER PETRELLI: No, look, I need to tell you about this. I need to stop living for other people. My whole life, I've had no idea what I'm supposed to do, what I'm supposed to be. If I even have a destiny of my own.

(She finds the stuff.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: I promise you we will talk about this later, okay? But right now, I really need you to come with me.

(She gives the stuff to him.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: You're a nurse. You can give out a shot. You can help him.

PETER PETRELLI: Help who?










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


NIRAD: Driving a taxi in New York City is a very dangerous job. The wrong fare, the wrong time. We may never know what really happened.

MOHINDER SURESH: No, I spoke to him two days ago. He was convinced someone was following him, trying to steal his research. He died because of his theories.

(They stop in the middle of the street.)

NIRAD: That's crazy.

MOHINDER SURESH: Is it?

NIRAD: The man left his family -- discredited his career to chase wild theories halfway around the world!

(Mohinder turns and starts hurrying again.)

NIRAD: Where are you going?

MOHINDER SURESH: To his apartment, to get his papers, his research. He was this close to finding the first of "them" -- his patient zero.

(Mohinder climbs up the building stairs.)

MOHINDER SURESH: He tracked him to Queens, New York.

NIRAD: Mohinder, listen to me. Your father was my colleague and my friend -- a respected professor, a brilliant geneticist. But he had clearly lost touch with reality.

MOHINDER SURESH: I followed in his footsteps. My thesis is based on his research!

NIRAD: Yes, you always wanted his approval!

MOHINDER SURESH: And now you're telling me that it was all for nothing.

NIRAD: I'm telling you to let go.

MOHINDER SURESH: I need to know why he died. I need to know that it wasn't all for nothing. (quietly) And then I need to finish what he started.










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


(Peter sits down at the conference table.)

NATHAN PETRELLI: Mom's rap sheet is now officially buried. Only took half my political capital to pull if off. Why can't she get herself a hobby like a normal person?

PETER PETRELLI: They were married for forty-one years. It's a plea for attention. She's lonely. Give her some time, will you?

NATHAN PETRELLI: I don't have time. I've got eight days to make up ten points. I need all the help I can get, which is what I want to talk to you about. I want to offer you a job.

PETER PETRELLI: A job.

NATHAN PETRELLI: Yeah. I trust you. You're good with people. I need a coordinator to help organize the volunteers, and you got nice guy instincts. (He sits down and leans close.) I could use that. I'm a shark, Pete. Everybody knows it. It's starting to show up in the polls. I bring you on. It kind of reflects well on me. You know what I mean?

PETER PETRELLI: Yeah, all right, so I make you look good. That's a new one.

NATHAN PETRELLI: It makes me look like I put family first. I mean, I know that sounds self-serving, but this is for you, too, right? You gotta think of your future.

(Nathan gets up and starts moving. Peter follows him.)

PETER PETRELLI: Why do you do that?

NATHAN PETRELLI: Do what?

PETER PETRELLI: Even try to make it look like this has something to do with me. You didn't hear anything that I said earlier today, did you?

NATHAN PETRELLI: That bit about how you can fly? Yeah, I did. I'm gonna pretend for both our sakes you didn't say anything like that. I'm trying to do the right thing here.

PETER PETRELLI: Look, I already have a job.

NATHAN PETRELLI: Yeah, watching old people die. Now there's a career. It's not cute anymore, man. The dreamy kid sitting in the back of the classroom staring out the window. It's time for you to grow up. (Nathan puts his hands on Pete’s shoulders.) Look, I cast a big shadow, Pete. I get it. Life isn't fair. But there's nothing I can do about that. I'm trying to do the right thing by you here. Okay?










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


MOHINDER SURESH: Where to, my friend?

(From just behind the new fare, we see he’s wearing horned-rimmed glasses.)

HORN-RIMMED GLASSES (HRG): JFK, please.

(Mohinder pulls out into traffic.)

HORN-RIMMED GLASSES (HRG): Going home to my family. These business trips are wearing me out.

(Through the rear-view mirror, we see the man in the back seat is wearing horn-rimmed glasses.)

HORN-RIMMED GLASSES (HRG): Suresh, huh?

MOHINDER SURESH: I'm sorry?

HORN-RIMMED GLASSES (HRG): Your name on your license there. That's Indian, yes?










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


(OPEN ON A PAINTING of an eclipse – just like the show’s title card. Isaac moves around and grabs a paint can. In the background, the television set it on.)

ANNOUNCER: (b.g.) In these uncertain times, the people of New York need a leader with real world experience to selfless dedication. Nathan Petrelli. He served his country in Bosnia in the army. As district attorney, he'll put criminals behind bars and establish new laws.

(Isaac opens the paint can. He moves frantically. Using his hands, he scoops out black paint and rubs it over an existing painting.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: (o.s.) Hey.

(Isaac stops and looks up to see Simone walking into the room.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Oh, god, what? The silent treatment? (She puts her case up on the counter as she heads toward Isaac.) Oh, boy.

(Impatient, Isaac grabs the entire paint can and pours it over the canvass. He smears the paint with his hands completely obliterating the painting underneath.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Isaac ... what are you doing?

(Isaac puts the canvass aside and heads back to pick up another painting. This time, he picks up the painting of the eclipse.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: What the hell is wrong with you? Isaac!

(He puts the painting on the easel and picks up the open can of paint.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Okay, stop. What are you, crazy?

ISAAC MENDEZ: Clearly. (points to the paintings) I don't even remember painting these. I was high, okay? I lied to you.

(Simone looks through the sketches on the table.)

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Damn it.

ISAAC MENDEZ: I've been chasing for a month.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Well, then get yourself back into a program and make it stick this time. These are fantastic.

ISAAC MENDEZ: No, they're evil.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: What are you talking about?

ISAAC MENDEZ: What am I talking about? Want to know what I'm talking about?

(Isaac rushes across the room and picks up a painting. He clears the table with a sweep of his arm and puts the painting on it. It’s a painting of a burning bus and car.)

ISAAC MENDEZ: You see this? Suicide bombing in Israel. I painted it three weeks ago.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: Yeah, so?

(He picks up the newspaper and shows her the photo on the front page.)

ISAAC MENDEZ: So ... that's this morning's paper. Look at the number on the bus.

(They match: 009.)

ISAAC MENDEZ: This happened yesterday.

(He chuckles with scared disbelief.)

ISAAC MENDEZ: Yesterday. Something's wrong with me.

SIMONE DEVEAUX: We'll get you help, Isaac.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/quotes

IMDb


Scarface (1983)

Quotes


Tony Montana: Okay Sosa; You wanna fuck with me? You fucking with the best! You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You little cockroaches... come on. You wanna play games? Okay, I play with you; come on. Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!










http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101


Heroes

101: Genesis


(The Super turns and leaves the room.)

(Mohinder looks around and sees a huge cockroach moving along the living room floor.)

CRUNCH!

(He smashes it with his foot.)

(The turns back and looks at the wall map.)

[CU: FILE FOLDER]

(The label reads: GENESIS.)

(Mohinder opens the file folder and starts reading.)

VARIOUS DISSOLVES OF:

* A photo of RADIATION POISONING with accompanying hand-written notes on the page.

* Mohinder puts a red stickered dot on the map. He presses a black thumb tack on LOS ANGELES and hooks a red string around it.

* Various photos.

* He stick a white thumb tack on NEW YORK and loops a string around it.

* He loops the string around a white thumb tack on TOKYO.

END OF DISSOLVES

(Mohinder picks up something off the floor. He sees a tape cassette and picks it up. It’s labeled SYLAR.)



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:28 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 11 October 2014