Friday, October 17, 2014

Prohibition

























http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/ [ Original source of image I downloaded from the Internet ]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43524

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Inaugural Balls

January 20, 1981

Capital Hilton Hotel (8:40 p.m.)

Hello, veterans and your ladies, and thank you for allowing Nancy and me to interrupt your evening here for just a few minutes. [Laughter] Well, it is for only a few minutes, because I understand, on the logistics they've gotten for our schedule tonight, that if we get in and out of each one of the parties in 10 minutes, it will only take us 4 1/2 hours. [Laughter] But this is number one, and in more ways than one.

I've been told that you are honoring here tonight, as well any of us should, our Congressional Medal of Honor winners. And when I think of them, I remember a story I read once, and it was actually a novel, written by James Warner Bella, who used to write those great cavalry-Indian pictures that John Ford and John Wayne would do. [Laughter] He was called the Kipling of America for writing of that great era in American history.

But I remembered in this one story he had troops, a cavalry detachment out, a war party, and so forth. And the commanding officer fell mortally wounded, and he called the next in command over, who was to take over. And the lines I've never forgotten. He said to him as he was dying, "There may be only one time, one moment in your life when you will be called upon to do the nasty thing that has to be done, when you are the only one that can serve your country in that moment." He said, "Do it or the taste will be forever ashes in your mouth."










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/10/09 11:17 PM
I think I have written more than once about the sense in my mind after I started being treated at the VA in the summer of 2005. I guess it could have started before but I tend to associate a specific sense in my mind with that period in the VA. I was pondering over it in great detail a few days or weeks ago before I watched "Mission To Mars" on television recently and I write of it now in that context of time because of certain details that I have noted for that film "Mission To Mars." As I was pondering again in great detail a few weeks ago I guess it was I was thinking about how after I started treatment at the VA I was seeing something when I closed my eyes that I thought of as the circuit patterns on printed electronic circuit boards. I mentioned it to my doctor at the VA but I cannot remember if I mentioned specifically what I was seeing. I remember him saying something but it was not anything specific that I can recall. I think it was just some off-hand remark similar to when I told the nurse that I wanted to take the medication in the different tablet form because the one type was a bitter pill and she said something about how she was sure it was.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096487/quotes

IMDb


Young Guns (1988)

Quotes


Charley Bowdre: Hey, Chavez, how come they ain't killing us?

"Dirty Steve" Stephens: Because we're in the spirit world, asshole. They can't see us.










From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 1/15/2009 is 8317 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/1988 ( premiere US film "Young Guns" ) is 8317 days



From 8/15/1961 ( premiere US film "Marines, Let's Go" ) To 1/15/2009 is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days



From 1/16/1919 ( the 18th Amendment to the US Constitution ratified ) To 6/13/2005 is 31560 days

31560 = 15780 + 15780

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 9/4/1976 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States arrested again by police in the United States ) To 1/15/2009 is 11821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/15/1998 ( premiere US TV movie "Moby Dick" ) is 11821 days



From 9/4/1976 ( the unpublished true birthdate of Destiny's Child singer Beyonce Knowles ) To 1/15/2009 is 11821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/15/1998 ( premiere US TV movie "Moby Dick" ) is 11821 days



From 9/5/1953 ( premiere US TV series "The Secret Files of Captain Video" ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 15780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 4/23/1958 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Executive Order 10764 - Suspension of the Eight-Hour Law as to Laborers and Mechanics Employed by the Civil Aeronautics Administration on Public Work Essential to the National Defense ) To 1/15/2009 is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 9/24/1960 ( premiere US TV series "The Brothers Brannagan" ) To 12/8/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) is 15780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 8/12/1951 ( premiere US film "The Highwayman" ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 15780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 8/17/1958 ( premiere US film "The Cry Baby Killer" ) To 1/15/2009 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 9207 days



From 8/17/1958 ( premiere US film "The Cry Baby Killer" ) To 1/15/2009 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 3/12/1947 ( the Truman Doctrine speech ) To 5/25/1990 ( premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 15780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 10/12/1950 ( premiere US film "Two Flags West" ) To 1/15/2009 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 5840 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/29/1981 ( premiere US TV series "Gimme a Break!" ) is 5840 days



From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 5840 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/29/1981 ( premiere US TV series episode "Best of the West"::"The New Marshal" ) is 5840 days



From 9/24/1955 ( premiere US TV series "Steve Donovan, Western Marshal"::series premiere episode "The Midnight Election" ) To 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) is 15780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/2009 is 15780 days



From 7/17/1943 ( premiere US film "Victory Through Air Power" ) To 1/15/2009 is 23924 days

23924 = 11962 + 11962

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 11962 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 1/15/2009 is 6231 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/24/1982 ( premiere US TV series episode "Quincy M.E."::"Science for Sale" ) is 6231 days



From 10/2/1956 ( premiere US TV series episode "Broken Arrow"::"Battle at Apache Pass" ) To 1/15/2009 is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 6/2/1987 ( premiere US film "The Untouchables" ) To 1/15/2009 is 7898 days

7898 = 3949 + 3949

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/25/1976 ( premiere US film "Gator" ) is 3949 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 1/15/2009 is 13536 days

13536 = 6768 + 6768

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/14/1984 ( my travel to and arrival at United States Navy basic training Orlando Florida ) is 6768 days


http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2009/01/20090115-1.html

THE WHITE HOUSE

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH


For Immediate Release

Office of the Press Secretary

January 15, 2009

National Sanctity of Human Life Day, 2009

A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

All human life is a gift from our Creator that is sacred, unique, and worthy of protection. On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, our country recognizes that each person, including every person waiting to be born, has a special place and purpose in this world. We also underscore our dedication to heeding this message of conscience by speaking up for the weak and voiceless among us.

The most basic duty of government is to protect the life of the innocent. My Administration has been committed to building a culture of life by vigorously promoting adoption and parental notification laws, opposing Federal funding for abortions overseas, encouraging teen abstinence, and funding crisis pregnancy programs. In 2002, I was honored to sign into law the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which extends legal protection to children who survive an abortion attempt. I signed legislation in 2003 to ban the cruel practice of partial-birth abortion, and that law represents our commitment to building a culture of life in America. Also, I was proud to sign the Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004, which allows authorities to charge a person who causes death or injury to a child in the womb with a separate offense in addition to any charges relating to the mother.

America is a caring Nation, and our values should guide us as we harness the gifts of science. In our zeal for new treatments and cures, we must never abandon our fundamental morals. We can achieve the great breakthroughs we all seek with reverence for the gift of life.

The sanctity of life is written in the hearts of all men and women. On this day and throughout the year, we aspire to build a society in which every child is welcome in life and protected in law. We also encourage more of our fellow Americans to join our just and noble cause. History tells us that with a cause rooted in our deepest principles and appealing to the best instincts of our citizens, we will prevail.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 18, 2009, as National Sanctity of Human Life Day. I call upon all Americans to recognize this day with appropriate ceremonies and to underscore our commitment to respecting and protecting the life and dignity of every human being.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

GEORGE W. BUSH










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055144/releaseinfo

IMDb


Marines, Let's Go (1961)

Release Info

USA 15 August 1961 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096487/releaseinfo

IMDb


Young Guns (1988)

Release Info

USA 10 August 1988 (Westwood, California) (premiere)










http://battlestar-galactica.hypnoweb.net/episodes/saison-1/pilot/script-vo.124.48/

hypnoweb.net


Battlestar Galactica (Part 1)


Six: There, there. It's okay. You're not gonna have to cry much longer.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=106308

The American Presidency Project

Dwight D. Eisenhower

XXXIV President of the United States: 1953 - 1961

Executive Order 10764 - Suspension of the Eight-Hour Law as to Laborers and Mechanics Employed by the Civil Aeronautics Administration on Public Work Essential to the National Defense

April 23, 1958

WHEREAS by Proclamation No. 2914 of December 16, 1950, the President proclaimed the existence of a national emergency, which requires that the military, naval, air, and civilian defenses of this country be strengthened as speedily as possible; and

WHEREAS by section 1 of the act of August 1, 1892, 27 Stat. 340, as amended by the act of March 3, 1913, 37 Stat. 726 (40 U.S.C. 321), the service or employment of all laborers and mechanics employed by the Government of the United States upon any public work of the United States is limited to eight hours in any one calendar day, except in case of extraordinary emergency; and

WHEREAS it is essential to the national defense that the Nation's system of air-navigation facilities be modernized in a very short period of time, and that such system be operated and maintained at the highest level of efficiency; and

WHEREAS I find that as to public work essential to the national defense being performed by the Civil Aeronautics Administration an extraordinary emergency exists:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by section 1 of the said act of August 1, 1892, as amended by the said act of March 3, 1913, and as President of the United States, I hereby suspend the above-mentioned provisions of law prohibiting more than eight hours of labor in any one calendar day by laborers and mechanics employed by the Government of the United States as to all work performed by laborers and mechanics employed by the Civil Aeronautics Administration on any public work which is essential to the national defense: Provided, that the wages of all laborers and mechanics so employed shall be computed on a basic day rate of eight hours of work with overtime to be paid at a rate not less than time and one-half for all hours of work in excess of eight hours in any one day.

This order shall continue in effect until terminated or revoked by the President.

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

THE WHITE HOUSE,

April 23, 1958.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043638/quotes

IMDb


The Highwayman (1951)

Quotes


NARRATOR: And still of a winter's night, they say, when the wind is in the trees, / When the moon is a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas, / When the road is a ribbon of moonlight looping the purple moor, / A highwayman comes riding, riding, riding, / A highwayman comes riding up to the old inn door.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043638/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Highwayman (1951)

Release Info

USA 12 August 1951










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-brothers-brannagan/tune-in-for-murder-419390/

tv.com


The Brothers Brannagan Season 1 Episode 1

Tune In For Murder

Aired Unknown Sep 24, 1960 on

When Mike and Bob find plums in a stolen armored car, they know their suspect is the American Indian who runs a fruit-stand nearby.

AIRED: 9/24/60










http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica:The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051500/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Cry Baby Killer (1958)

Release Info

USA 17 August 1958










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051500/taglines

IMDb


The Cry Baby Killer (1958)

Taglines


YESTERDAY a Teenage Rebel... TODAY a mad-dog slayer!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043079/releaseinfo

IMDb


Two Flags West (1950)

Release Info

USA 12 October 1950 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043079/plotsummary

IMDb


Two Flags West (1950)

Plot Summary


During the Civil War Confederate prisoners of war choose to join the Union Army in its fight against Indians on the condition they won't have to fight against the Confederacy but old animosities between Unionists and Confederates resurface during their fragile alliance against the Indians.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036497/releaseinfo

IMDb


Victory Through Air Power (1943)

Release Info

USA 17 July 1943










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036497/quotes

IMDb


Victory Through Air Power (1943)

Quotes


[first lines]

Billy Mitchell: Today, a war is very different than the last European war was. Now air power is the dominant feature of military operations. Air power can fly directly to the vital centers of an opposing state and neutralize them. It can destroy the cities, it can wreck the aqueducts, it can knock out the lines of communication, it can destroy the food supplies, and make the people helpless to resist.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120756/releaseinfo

IMDb


Moby Dick (1998 TV Mini-Series)

Release Info

USA 15 March 1998



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120756/fullcredits

IMDb


Moby Dick (1998 TV Mini-Series)

Full Cast & Crew


Patrick Stewart ... Captain Ahab










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:20 AM Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2009/04/bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk.html


Bawk bawk bawk bawk


http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html#a=search&s=dn-sc-84-11122&guid=966d82ea208f38cdae3f64d3857b97555f5e3e9c

DN-SC-84-11122

Front air-to-air view of an F-14A Tomcat aircraft from Fighter Squadron 102 (VF-102), just after taking off from the aircraft carrier USS AMERICA (CV-66).










Bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk

You tell me.

Is that chicken talk or just gibberish to a chicken?

You're the expert. Chicken.

Either way you are just a goddamned chicken.

You have always been a goddamned chicken and you will always be a goddamned chicken.

Punk.

Bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk

Worthless goddamned chicken punk.

Bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


LILY: Oh! Hey! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your little quest. Captain Ahab has to go hunt his whale.

PICARD: What?





























http://i.imgur.com/awLZZ.png










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/releaseinfo

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Release Info

USA 18 November 1996 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/fullcredits

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Full Cast & Crew


James Cromwell ... Zefram Cochran










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697346/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Secret Files of Captain Video (TV Series)

The Box (1953)

Release Info

USA 5 September 1953

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697346/

IMDb


The Secret Files of Captain Video: Season 1, Episode 1

The Box (5 Sep. 1953)

TV Episode

A desperate race against death as the Captain and Meister, a scientist associate, rush to save a suffocating city entombed within a mysterious encapsulating covering.

Al Hodge ... Captain Video

Release Date: 5 September 1953 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/quotes

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Quotes


Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?

Ness: Anything within the law.

Malone: And *then* what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way. Because they're not gonna give up the fight, until one of you is dead.

Ness: I want to get Capone! I don't know how to do it.

Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone.










http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_amendments_11-27.html

THE CHARTERS OF FREEDOM


Constitution of the United States


AMENDMENT XVIII

Passed by Congress December 18, 1917. Ratified January 16, 1919. Repealed by amendment 21.










http://www.tv.com/shows/steve-donovan-western-marshall/the-midnight-election-626628/

tv.com


Steve Donovan, Western Marshall Season 1 Episode 1

The Midnight Election

Aired Unknown Sep 24, 1955 on

AIRED: 9/24/55










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=85426

The American Presidency Project

George W. Bush

XLIII President of the United States: 2001 - 2009

Remarks on Presenting the Presidential Medal of Freedom at the Department of State

January 15, 2009

Thank you all. I got 5 days left; be seated. [Laughter]

Madam Secretary, thank you very much for your kind introduction, and thank you for these beautiful reminders of how fantastic it's been to work with you.

By the way, these are going to be at Southern Methodist University--[laughter]--proudly displayed at the Presidential Center I will build to remind our country of the timeless values of freedom and liberty. And I am honored to take them back to Texas. I'm honored to take my wife back to Texas too. [Laughter]

The award you gave Laura, Condi, is well deserved in my unobjective opinion. She has been awesome First Lady. And I'm proud to have been here in Washington. And you've been an awesome friend and a great Secretary of State.

You know, people--I tell people all the time, they ask me about Condi, and I say, "She's like my sister." We've been through a lot together. [Laughter] And one of the things about her is that she has never lost her great optimism. She's plenty tough when she needed to be tough; she's plenty charming when she needs to be charming. But during the darkest of days, she always had a sense of optimism and constantly reminded me of what is possible and what will happen if we don't lose confidence in fundamental truths.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:53 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 17 October 2014