Saturday, October 04, 2014

"we're at a crossroads in history right now."




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=104528

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

843 - Remarks at the Memorial Service for Former President Nelson R. Mandela of South Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa

December 10, 2013

Thank you. To Graça Machel and the Mandela family; to President Zuma and members of the Government; to heads of states and government, past and present; distinguished guests: It is a singular honor to be with you today, to celebrate a life like no other. To the people of South Africa—people of every race and walk of life—the world thanks you for sharing Nelson Mandela with us. His struggle was your struggle. His triumph was your triumph. Your dignity and your hope found expression in his life. And your freedom, your democracy, is his cherished legacy.










http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/world/africa/tracing-ebolas-breakout-to-an-african-2-year-old.html

The New York Times


Tracing Ebola’s Breakout to an African 2-Year-Old

By DENISE GRADY and SHERI FINK AUG. 9, 2014

Patient Zero in the Ebola outbreak, researchers suspect, was a 2-year-old boy who died on Dec. 6










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/71211/Clancy_-_Rainbow_Six.html


Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six


CHAPTER 1

MEMO


With the demise of the Soviet Union and other nation states with political positions adverse to American and Western interests, the likelihood of a major international confrontation is at an all-time low. This, clearly, is the best of good news.

But along with that we must face the fact that there remain many experienced and trained international terrorists still roaming the world, some with lingering contacts with national intelligence agencies - plus the fact that some nations, while not desirous of a direct confrontation with American or other Western nations, could still make use of the remaining terrorist `free agents "for more narrow political goals.

If anything, this problem is very likely to grow, since under the previous world situation, the major nation states placed firm limits on terrorist activity-these limits enforced by controlled access to weapons, funding, training, and safehavens.

It seems likely that the current world situation will invert the previous "understanding" enjoyed by the major countries. The price of support, weapons, training, and safehavens might well become actual terrorist activity, not the ideological purity previously demanded by sponsoring nation states.

The most obvious solution to this-probably-increasing problem will be a new multinational counterterrorist team.

I propose the code name Rainbow.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/quotes

IMDb


Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Quotes


Darth Sidious: This turn of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans. Begin landing your troops.

Nute Gunray: My lord, is that... legal?

Darth Sidious: I will make it legal.

Nute Gunray: And the Jedi?

Darth Sidious: The Chancellor should never have brought them into this.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=88608


Barack Obama


895 - Remarks at a Rally for Senator Patty Murray in Seattle, Washington

October 21, 2010


we're at a crossroads in history right now.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/quotes

IMDb


Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Quotes


Yoda: Master Qui-Gon. More to say have you?

Qui-Gon Jinn: With your permission, my master, I have encountered a vergence in the Force.

Yoda: A vergence, you say?

Mace Windu: Located around a person?

Qui-Gon Jinn: A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It was possible he was concieved by the midi-chlorians.

Mace Windu: You refer to the prophecy of The One who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it's this boy?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:49 AM Friday, February 02, 2007


Sold Out

Why don't YOU trying walking around outside with the kind of enemies I have - knowing they are all watching you every second of the day - and then talk to me about support. A good day at the office for me is any day it didn’t blow up. I used to have support - what the hell happened to it!


For this next Microsoft-sponsored terrorist event, the date difference of 3/3/1959 and 8/10/1999 is 14,770 days.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 February 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.washington.edu/news/2010/10/21/the-uws-last-presidential-visit-a-different-world-in-1961/

UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON


October 21, 2010

The UW’s last presidential visit: A different world in 1961

By Peter Kelley

News and Information


President Barack Obama will speak at the UW today, Thursday, Oct. 21. The last time an incumbent President of the United States visited the UW campus was about a half-century back — a different era in time and tone.

President John F. Kennedy spoke powerfully of America’s place in the world when he addressed the UW’s academic convocation, marking the University’s 100th anniversary, on Nov. 16, 1961, in Hec Edmundson Pavilion.










From 3/5/1989 ( Jake Lloyd ) To 10/21/2010 is 7900 days

7900 = 3950 + 3950

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/26/1976 ( the first known human case of Ebola ) is 3950 days



From 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) To 10/21/2010 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Barack Obama and Patty Murray at University of Washington Seattle as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 4462 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/20/1978 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Fantasy Island"::"Return to Fantasy Island" ) is 4462 days



From 8/15/1953 ( premiere US film "It Started in Paradise" ) To 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 16424 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/21/2010 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Barack Obama and Patty Murray at University of Washington Seattle as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 16424 days



From 6/12/1909 ( the first flight of three people in an airplane ) To 5/19/1999 ( premiere US film "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" ) is 32848 days

32848 = 16424 + 16424

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/21/2010 is 16424 days



From 6/13/2005 To 10/21/2010 is 1956 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/12/1971 ( premiere US film "The Andromeda Strain" ) is 1956 days



From 2/1/1948 ( premiere US film "Call Northside 777" ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 16424 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/21/2010 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Barack Obama and Patty Murray at University of Washington Seattle as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 16424 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-microsoft-steve-ballmer.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=88608

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

Remarks at a Rally for Senator Patricia L. Murray in Seattle

October 21, 2010

The President. Thank you, Huskies! It is great to see all of you. Look, I'm not going to give a long speech now because then you'll be listening to two long speeches. I just wanted to--the main reason I wanted to come out, because I thought it would be cool to run through the tunnel. [Laughter] I liked doing that.

But I also wanted to come out and just say thank you to all of you because there are a lot of you who worked on our campaign, there are a lot of you who voted, some for the very first time, because you realized that we're at a crossroads in history right now. America is the greatest country on Earth, but we didn't get here because it was preordained. We got here because our parents and our grandparents and our great-grandparents. They were all willing to roll up their sleeves and work, to work on behalf of freedom, to work on behalf of opportunity.

A lot of our parents, grandparents, great-grandparents came here from other countries to start a new life because they realized that if they worked hard here in America, then there was nothing that could stop them, and that there was a unique legacy in this Nation of being able to live out your dreams.

And over the last decade, some of those dreams felt like they were slipping away. People felt as if the economy was only for those at the very top and that no matter how hard you worked, you were treading water. And people were having trouble making ends meet and paying for health care and paying for college educations. And I think a lot of young people started feeling that maybe the 21st century wouldn't be the American century like the 20th century was.

And what our campaign was about in 2008 was reminding everybody that there is nothing we can't do when we join together as citizens from every walk of life, that there is nothing we can't accomplish when we dream big dreams and are willing to work for them.

And over the last 2 years, as difficult as things have been, as big as the problems that we inherited were, I have been so inspired because I've had the opportunity to work with people like Patty Murray to make sure that every American has decent health care, to make sure that an economy that was shrinking is growing again, to start putting people back to work, to make sure we've got equal pay for equal work, to make sure that we've got a couple of wonderful women on the Supreme Court, to make sure that young people can afford a college education, to make sure that we brought back 100,000 troops from Iraq, to make sure that we're respected around the world once again, to start investing in research and development so that our economy can thrive, to make sure that we're investing in clean energy so that we're at the forefront, not only of growing our economy, but of saving the planet.

And I've been inspired by you, because wherever I go, traveling across this country, especially when I meet young people, I am reminded of your energy and your drive and your imagination. And for all the problems, we're going through right now, we still have the best workers on Earth; we've got the finest universities on Earth; we've got the best entrepreneurs on Earth; we've got the freest, most vibrant economy on Earth----

Audience member. And the best President on Earth!

The President. Well, I won't say that, but we've got a pretty good President. I--and so--[applause]--but here's what I need from you now, and this is the point that Patty was making. Look, Patty has worked so hard on behalf of Washington, worked so hard on behalf of this institution, worked so hard on behalf of you. I've got to have Patty as a partner in Washington.

So I am here to deliver one simple message: If you have not voted yet, you've got to get that ballot and put it in the mail. Don't delay. Do it right after this rally. You've got to then talk to your friends. You've got to talk to your neighbors. You've got to make phone calls. You've got to knock on doors. You have to make sure that you are as fired up and as excited now as you were 2 years ago, because the work is not yet done. And I have to have Patty Murray back in the United States Senate.

Can I get that promise from you guys? Are you going to vote? I need Patty Murray back in the United States Senate. And you need to send her there. If you do, I guarantee you, we're going to continue to work to make sure the American Dream is not just here for this generation, but for generations to come.

Thank you, everybody. God bless you. God bless the United States of America. Thank you.

NOTE: The President spoke at 11:42 a.m. at the University of Washington.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005157/bio

IMDb


Jake Lloyd

Biography

Date of Birth 5 March 1989, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/71211/Clancy_-_Rainbow_Six.html


Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six


CHAPTER 3

GNOMES AND GUNS


"We have mission approval, John," Tawney reported, much to his own surprise.

"Right." Clark flipped open his own phone and hit the speeddial #2 button.

"Chavez," a voice said over considerable background noise.

"We have a go-mission," Clark said. "Acknowledge."

"Team-2 copies go-mission. Team-2 is moving."

"That's affirmative. Good luck, Domingo."

"Thank you, Mr. C."

Chavez turned to his people and pumped his arm up and down in the speed-it-up gesture known to armies all over the world. They got into their designated van for the drive across the Gatwick ramp. It stopped at the cargo gate for their flight, where Chavez waved a cop close, and let Eddie Price pass the word to load the special cargo onto the Boeing 757. That done, the van advanced another fifty yards to the stairs outside the end of the jetway, and Team-2 jumped out and headed up the stairs. At the top, the control-booth door was held open by another police constable, and from there they walked normally aboard the aircraft and handed over their tickets to the stewardess, who pointed them to their first-class seats.

The last man aboard was Tim Noonan, the team's technical wizard. Not a wizened techno-nerd, Noonan had played defensive back at Stanford before joining the FBI, and took weapons training with the team just to fit in. Six feet two hundred pounds, he was larger than most of Ding's shooters but, he'd be the first to admit, was not as tough. Still, he was a better-than-fair shot with pistol and YIP-10, and was learning to speak the language. Dr. Bellow settled into his window seat with a book extracted from his carry-on bag. It was a volume on sociopathy by u professor at Harvard under whom he'd trained some years before. The rest of the team members just leaned hack, skimming through the onboard magazines. Chavez looked around and saw that his team didn't seem tense at all, and was both amazed at the fact, and slightly ashamed that he was so pumped up. The airline captain made his announcements, and the Boeing backed away from the gate, then taxied out to the runway. Five minutes later, the aircraft rotated off the ground, and Team-2 was on its way to its first mission

"In the air," Tawney reported. "The airline expects a smooth flight and an on time arrival










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/releaseinfo

IMDb


Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Release Info

USA 19 May 1999














http://books.google.com/books?id=wrIVAQAAIAAJ&lpg=PA94&ots=XgW0zg4IHD&dq=Louis%20Bleriot%20%22June%2012%2C%201909%22%20-rarenewspapers%20-pinterest&pg=PA95#v=onepage&q=Louis%20Bleriot%20%22June%2012,%201909%22%20-rarenewspapers%20-pinterest&f=false










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Wars_-_Episode_I_The_Phantom_Menace.html


Star Wars - Episode I The Phantom Menace


It's on automatic pilot.
Try to override it.
We don't have time for this, Captain.
Look, there they are.
That's where the autopilot's taking us.
Dumb droid. Take that!
Get off! Get off! Get off!
Get off!
The deflector shield is too strong.
This is tense!
R2, get us off this autopilot.
It's gonna get us both killed.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:31 PM Thursday, February 16, 2012


Alaskan Way Viaduct





If you are driving towards the north on the Alaskan Way Viaduct then you will enter the Battery Street tunnel. I knew that already. Looking on the map is how I knew that tunnel is named the Battery Street tunnel.

I have driven through that tunnel maybe once during the time since 1998 that I have lived out here in the Seattle. That was probably around the year 2000 when I drove through there. I have rarely even driven a car through downtown Seattle. One night just after I bought that used car, the blue 1990 Mazda RX-7, I was driving around and I drove around in downtown Seattle and I think that is when I drove through that tunnel.

The reason I make this note now is because I just noted on street view maps where the Battery Street tunnel ends on the north side.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that was the north-bound exit if you had asked me to describe the location of that north-side of the tunnel.

I know that area very well because I have walked through there several times since the end of the year 2006. Only looking on the map now did I connect those two details.

I only connected those two details because I am looking at the street view for that Battery Street tunnel on Google maps and I can see above the tunnel that pink elephant for that car wash.

Seems to be a plausible detail for a normal dream but why now? And why the tunnel? I haven't been over there in years and I never ever once considered that tunnel entrance is right there. I thought it was just an overpass.

I have dreamed more times since then about a similar tunnel as in that dream referenced below. The last time I was again uncertain about going into that tunnel and I did not. I turned around and came back out. The details about the setting are usually different. The last time I saw a woman that I can remember who she was supposed to represent and that I could name here if I wanted to but I don't and she was carrying a baby. She was coming out of the tunnel and she was going to Georgia. I saw a highway sign about that same point indicating I was going to Los Angeles.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 February 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:32:54 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 4/1/06


In another dream, the day before, last night maybe when I took a nap, I was walking up some stairs. I seemed to be coming up from a subway tunnel. I was wearing a very realistic Batman costume. But I didn't have the cowl covering my head. The costume was heavy or I just felt tired. I walked past someone I knew. I said something to her that reminded me of something I said to someone in that restaurant in 1999 when someone asked me what I did in my personal time. There was someother stuff that happened in the dream. At one point, I responded to a question that had something to do with "vice president" by replying "Sure it is. I was vice president of the National Honor Society." I am not sure what that was supposed to mean.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/quotes

IMDb


Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Quotes


Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?

Anakin: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place.
































http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/ [ Original source of image I downloaded from the Internet ]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


TROI: ...It's a primitive culture. I'm just trying to blend in.

RIKER: You're blending all right.

TROI: I've already told him our cover story. He didn't believe me.

RIKER: Yes. We're running out of time. Now if we tell him the truth do you think he'll be able to handle it?

TROI: If you're looking for my professional opinion as ship's Counselor, ...he's nuts.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 41


Larry was sitting on a paved scenic turnout just off the highway. The view of Vermont marching away to New York in the golden morning haze was breathtaking. A sign announced that this was Twelve-Mile Point. Actually Larry thought he could see a lot farther than twelve miles. On a clear day you could see forever. At the far side of the turnout there was a knee-high rock wall, the rocks cemented together, and a few smashed Budweiser bottles. Also a used condom. He supposed that high school kids used to come up here at twilight and watch the lights come on in the town below. First they would get exalted and then they would get laid. BID, as they used to say: big fucking deal.

So why was he feeling so bad, anyway? He was telling the truth, wasn’t he? Yes. And the worst of the truth was that he felt relief, wasn’t it? That the stone around his neck was gone?

No, the worst is being alone. Being lonely.

Corny but true. He wanted someone to share this view with. Someone he could turn to and say with modest wit: On a clear day you can see forever. And the only company was in a tent a mile and a half back with a mouthful of green puke. Getting stiff. Drawing flies.

Larry put his head on his knees and closed his eyes. He told himself he wouldn’t cry. He hated to cry almost as bad as he hated to puke.

In the end he was chicken. He couldn’t bury her. He summoned up the worst thoughts he could—maggots and beetles, the woodchucks that would smell her and come in for a munch, the unfairness of one human being leaving another like a candy wrapper or a discarded Pepsi can. But there also seemed to be something vaguely illegal about burying her and to tell the truth (and he was telling the truth now, wasn’t he?), that was just a cheap rationalization. He could face going down to Bennington and breaking into the Ever Popular hardware store, taking the Ever Popular spade and a matching Ever Popular pick; he could even face coming back up here where it was still and beautiful and digging the Ever Popular grave near the Ever Popular Twelve-Mile Point. But to go back into that tent (which would now smell very much like the comfort station on Transverse Number One in Central Park, where the Ever Popular dark sweet treat would be sitting for eternity) and unzip her side of the sleeping bag the rest of the way and pull out her stiff and baggy body and drag it up to the hole by the armpits and tumble it in and then shovel the dirt over it, watching the earth patter on her white legs with their bulging nodules of varicose veins and stick in her hair…

Uh-uh, buddy. Guess I’ll sit this one out. If I’m a chicken, so be it. Plucka-plucka-plucka.

He went back to where the tent was pitched and turned back the flap. He found a long stick. He took a deep breath of fresh air, held it, and hooked his clothes out with the stick. Backed away with them, put them on. Took another deep breath, held it, and used the stick to fish out his boots. He sat on a fallen tree and put them on, too.

The smell was in his clothes.

“Bullshit,” he whispered.

He could see her, half in and half out of the sleeping bag, her stiff hand held out and still curled around the pill bottle that was no longer there. Her half-lidded eyes seemed to be staring at him accusingly. It made him think of the tunnel again, and his visions of the walking dead.



































DSC05348.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


CRUSHER: Computer. Activate the EMH programme.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL HOLOGRAM: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

CRUSHER: Twenty Borg are about to break through that door. We need time to get out of here. Create a diversion.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL HOLOGRAM: This isn't part of my programme. I'm a doctor, not a doorstop.



































DSC05349.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066769/quotes

IMDb


The Andromeda Strain (1971)

Quotes


Dr. Mark Hall: Tell us what happened, Mr. Jackson.

Jackson: I don't wanna think about it.

Dr. Mark Hall: You know what people will say: "Piedmont was bad. That's why it was punished." First the town went crazy and then was destroyed...

Jackson: YOU'RE crazy! Folks at Piedmont was good, decent, normal folks.

Dr. Mark Hall: The man we found all dressed up in his doughboy's uniform, you call that normal?

Jackson: Pete Arnold, who worked at the store. It was the disease!

Dr. Mark Hall: How do you know?

Jackson: 'Cause the only thing wrong with him before that night was sugar.

Dr. Mark Hall: Diabetes? Did he take insulin?

Jackson: Couple of times a day! Hated the needle. I tried to talk him into usin' squeeze.



































DSC05351.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066769/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Andromeda Strain (1971)

Release Info

USA 12 March 1971










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-andromeda-strain&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


The Andromeda Strain

Episode 2


I need to know how much information Nash has And who he's shared it with.
I also need to feel confident that he is going to shut up.
Do you think you can handle that? How's Mancheck holding up? I would say he's under a lot of stress right now.
We're going to take casualties on this, And Mancheck may have to be one, But that doesn't necessarily apply to his staff, Especially those who show boldness and initiative As we tie up these loose ends.



































DSC05345.JPG










http://www.cswap.com/1971/The_Andromeda_Strain/cap/en/25fps/a/00_16

The Andromeda Strain


:17:12
Very smart.

:17:12
We've had experiences
with scientists before.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:21 PM

To: 'Chad Trammell'


I had another of those really bad nightmares again last night or this early morning. Unlike the others I woke without the sense of it being very vivid. The terror was tremendous though. I remember that my head hurt after waking up and I think that had some bearing on the sheer terror I felt in the dream. I started to wonder if a person who dies in their sleep has a nightmare similar to what I had.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 December 2012 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:49 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 04 October 2014